Become a Patron!

70/30 PG/VG

RenThe10th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nobody I've seen uses 70PG 30VG in RDAs. Why is that? Is it too thin of a juice?

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's because that's more of a flavor chaser/throat hit mix, not so much for clouds and such. But there are people who do run rda's for flavor and stronger throat hit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AndyHav8

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's because that's more of a flavor chaser/throat hit mix, not so much for clouds and such. But there are people who do run rda's for flavor and stronger throat hit.

This. Also in my experience, the thinner juice tends to be messier (which is already a problem with RDA's). Could just be that I suck at aiming, though.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This. Also in my experience, the thinner juice tends to be messier (which is already a problem with RDA's). Could just be that I suck at aiming, though.
Lmao I hear ya on the aiming <or so I've been told a few times lol ;) > mg biggest problem is over dripping when I'm in a hurry, so that's alot of the time lol.part of why I like squonking

kloudsta

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
70/30 blend isn't good for cloud chasing? Then what is? I want clouds but also some decent flavor, so would 80/20 be better? I'm currently using 70/30 and I feel that I can produce a decent amount of clouds using my kangertech subox mini mod @ 25 watts with 0.6ohm coil.

kloudsta

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! Then I'll stick with that... I've been using a lot of Naked 100 e-juice lately and have fallen in love with it. Great flavor along with decent amount of clouds.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Then I'll stick with that... I've been using a lot of Naked 100 e-juice lately and have fallen in love with it. Great flavor along with decent amount of clouds.

I'm so I love with that brand I have to stop buying... I found an alternative though,,, it's called NUDE similar format different flavor profile... another that I discovered is RAW ejuice
12 bucks for 120 ml very similar to lava

kloudsta

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, I will have to check that NUDE brand out. Never heard of them. $12 for 120mL is an awesome price, since a 60ml bottle tends to last me only 3 weeks. :( Thanks for putting that out there.

So if cloudchasing was my priority, I guess I would need to invest in 100% PG juice? Which will result in no flavor at all, correct?

How much clouds would I get from using 100% PG vs a 70/30 blend? Is their much of a difference in vapor production between the 2?

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very subjective. Everyone is gonna have different tastes. 85/15 Vg/PG is plenty of flavor for me and smoother hits.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Naked, all flavors, is top notch joose.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I will have to check that NUDE brand out. Never heard of them. $12 for 120mL is an awesome price, since a 60ml bottle tends to last me only 3 weeks. :( Thanks for putting that out there.

So if cloudchasing was my priority, I guess I would need to invest in 100% PG juice? Which will result in no flavor at all, correct?

How much clouds would I get from using 100% PG vs a 70/30 blend? Is their much of a difference in vapor production between the 2?

Vaping 100%pg is like vaping WATER LOL....

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You've got it backwards.

PG (the watery one) will carry flavor more, has more of a throat hit and is less sweet.
VG (the thick stuff) will produce much more vapor, is smoother and sweeter.

However... besides the few percent with an actual allergy to PG, many of us older vapers (especially us ex-rockers) have Tinnitus and PG appears to aggravate tinnitus.
I run about 30-35% PG and my ears are ringing. :D

I don't believe it's been said to make the condition/damage worse (just louder) so I live with it... YMMV.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
since a 60ml bottle tends to last me only 3 weeks.

LOL... that would last me 6 days, and a cloud chaser less than two (I'm not a chaser, just a sub-ohmer).

Clouds come from vaporized juice... you may have to rethink your juice purchasing strategy. :D

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How much clouds would I get from using 100% PG vs a 70/30 blend?

I'm not sure there is such a juice with 100% VG due to a percentage of it has to be flavoring (usually around 30%) with vg, and pg, and sometimes sweeteners, etc. I wouldn't recommend vaping str8 100% VG in a bottle, lol. Juice is so cheap nowadays, it won't hurt the wallet to experiment with juices.

I only drip - use RDAs. My favorite juices are usually at 70/30, 80/20, or somewhere in that ballpark.

Is their much of a difference in vapor production between the 2?

Max VG juices (like 80/20 or 90/10), will have less flavor compared to a 70/30, but your vapor production will be like..

1xDV0_s-200x150.gif

.. if that's all you want is clouds. I'm not big into having to know exactly the ratio; if I like a juice, it tastes good to me, and makes descent plumes, that's more important than vaping on sucky juice. And believe me, you'll run into those..

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure there is such a juice with 100% VG due to a percentage of it has to be flavoring (usually around 30%) with vg, and pg, and sometimes sweeteners, etc.

Of course it exists, you just have to plan for it and make the effort. Retail might be hard to find though.
Many flavorings are available in VG nowadays and that number is growing, it's a surprisingly large selection actually.
I haven't shopped for any but at least some of those are probably used in "Max VG" retail juices.
All of my nic is VG base, just because I was making higher % VG DIY until recently.

While I wouldn't want 100% VG juice, those PG allergic vapers do... and that's what they shoot for.
Don't know if retail runs near 30% flavors, PG or VG, but DIY doesn't "usually". Quite often... "less is more" with flavors.

Last edited:

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Of course it exists, you just have to plan for it and make the effort. Retail might be hard to find though.

All of my nic is VG base. Just because I was making higher % VG DIY until recently.
Many flavorings are available in VG nowadays and that number is growing, it's a surprisingly large selection actually.
At least some of those are probably used in "Max VG" retail juices.

While I wouldn't want 100% VG juice, those PG allergic vapers do... and that's what they shoot for.
But even with PG flavors... very little DIY is flavored at 30%, certainly not "usually". Quite often... "less is more" with flavors.

.. pertaining to sales, him buying the average mainstream juice. Your talking DIY, the guy I quoted above is new. And yeah, I know about VG based nic and flavorings, there are actually ADs here in VU adverstising that.

We carry around 60ish top brands (even more juices) at our shop and not a single one is 100% VG. Broadly speaking.. when I say 100% VG. It's VG. Never intended to mention VG based flavorings/nic.. that's on another thread.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Lmao I hear ya on the aiming <or so I've been told a few times lol ;) > mg biggest problem is over dripping when I'm in a hurry, so that's alot of the time lol.part of why I like squonking

That's why we put the seat up. :)
Ok, the reason for higher vg to pg with rdas is the clouds are huge. Even bigger than the cloudiest tank you can buy if you build for cloud. PG would make it to hard to inhale without coughing up a lung. Same reason someone might use 12mg nic in an ecig or 6 in a tank, but 3mg in a drip atty.
Why does squonking put me in mind of that kid that said "I was just holding it in my hand, and it went off"? That didn't work for me either. Ok, kidding there.. but just had a mental image..
Imagine.. Dad just home from work and mom telling him.."You need to go talk to your son..." Him finding out why.. and entering the room for the talk.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why we put the seat up. :)
Ok, the reason for higher vg to pg with rdas is the clouds are huge. Even bigger than the cloudiest tank you can buy if you build for cloud. PG would make it to hard to inhale without coughing up a lung. Same reason someone might use 12mg nic in an ecig or 6 in a tank, but 3mg in a drip atty.
Why does squonking put me in mind of that kid that said "I was just holding it in my hand, and it went off"? That didn't work for me either. Ok, kidding there.. but just had a mental image..
Imagine.. Dad just home from work and mom telling him.."You need to go talk to your son..." Him finding out why.. and entering the room for the talk.
Yep, lol I thought it was " I was cleaning it and just went off"?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yep, lol I thought it was " I was cleaning it and just went off"?

yeah, i was making a joke about that kid that was "just holding a mech mod and it blew up in my face"
I don't think he is fooling as many people as he thinks he is. To be honest, I would have a lot more sympathy if he just admitted he was trying it out and held the button to watch how the vapor was made. Or whatever.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yeah, i was making a joke about that kid that was "just holding a mech mod and it blew up in my face"
I don't think he is fooling as many people as he thinks he is. To be honest, I would have a lot more sympathy if he just admitted he was trying it out and held the button to watch how the vapor was made. Or whatever.
Lol my bad, yeah that shit of people hurting themselves with Mech's cuz they don't know what their doing but trying to place the blame on everyone but themselves. If you do dumb shit own up to it.not a hard concept lol

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Lol my bad, yeah that shit of people hurting themselves with Mech's cuz they don't know what their doing but trying to place the blame on everyone but themselves. If you do dumb shit own up to it.not a hard concept lol

Exactly. Almost every BOOM has a reason. Like those ecigs that explode when charging. "They are dangerious, I was charging it on my ipad charger and it went boom." WELL DON'T CHARGE IT ON A CHARGER NOT MADE FOR IT YA REJECT!
or
I cut the wires on my tv and plugged it into the 220 amp dryer jack to get more power so I could get more channels, and it blew up... watching tv isn't safe! BAN TELEVISION!

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Exactly. Almost every BOOM has a reason. Like those ecigs that explode when charging. "They are dangerious, I was charging it on my ipad charger and it went boom." WELL DON'T CHARGE IT ON A CHARGER NOT MADE FOR IT YA REJECT!
or
I cut the wires on my tv and plugged it into the 220 amp dryer jack to get more power so I could get more channels, and it blew up... watching tv isn't safe! BAN TELEVISION!
Exactly

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
70/30 blend isn't good for cloud chasing? Then what is? I want clouds but also some decent flavor, so would 80/20 be better? I'm currently using 70/30 and I feel that I can produce a decent amount of clouds using my kangertech subox mini mod @ 25 watts with 0.6ohm coil.

The higher the VG ratio the more cloud you get the high the PG ratio the higher the flavor content.

FWIW decent clouds CAN be produced with 100%PG. BUT the resulting throat hit might be painful. VG makes great clouds with little effort, but the flavor will be muted.

VG PG ratios often just come down to personal preference or need some are sensitive to PG and VG. I'm VG sensitive, have issues over a 50%VG ratio, So I run anywhere from 60PG/40 to 80PG/20 , Just depends on the flavor, build and hit desired.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nobody I've seen uses 70PG 30VG in RDAs. Why is that? Is it too thin of a juice?
The correct answer is you are confused as many in the vape industry are when you see this 70/30 some people think its
PG /VG
Its suppose to be VG/PG
70 /30 is a norm and best for tanks any more and most will not wick correctly
See my point
Its VG/PG a common problem as some have bastardized this in reverse as you did with your initial post

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why is using ratios even still a thing besides 50/50?
State 70PG or 85VG or MAX VG and ppl know what you mean.
Ren said 70/30 PG/VG in the thread title and that works but more typing.

PG-first was the standard way to write or say it for years.
Once that started being ignored the whole ratio thing should have been dropped
Not ranting @ anyone here in particular, I've been saying this for years

ugh

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why is using ratios even still a thing besides 50/50?
State 70PG or 85VG or MAX VG and ppl know what you mean.
Ren said 70/30 PG/VG in the thread title and that works but more typing.

PG-first was the standard way to write or say it for years.
Once that started being ignored the whole ratio thing should have been dropped
Not ranting @ anyone here in particular, I've been saying this for years

ugh
Great point and when the sub ohm world hit us all in the head I well remember PG first PG/VG but once sub Ohming started it shifted to VG first for the most part I am mostly speaking from the culture view vs the online retailer view... Its a confusing topic and I agree not necessary at all to state but then again many people do not even understand a percentile :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since this is posted in the could chasing section I assume that's what you're looking for.
High PG is not meant for vapor, I would use 70VG/30PG and not the other way around.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I think it is because it has always been stated as pg/vg. So no need to change it. There are different ratios since there are different vape mods. For example, a new vaper on a epen would want 50/50 and higher nicotine, to get the throat his and nicotine on a thinner vape (cloud) vs 20/80 or max vg for an RDA and much lower nicotine, since the clouds are huge.
Yes, this is the cloud chasing section, but people also need to know what the difference is regarding pg/vg relating to cloud production. I usually go DIY for cloud juice. VG based flavor and 100% VG or just plain unflavored VG.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
PG would make it to hard to inhale without coughing up a lung.
I know this thread is old... but just stumbled across it. Wanted to share that I at times flush out an RDA wick between flavors... and will use just pure PG or VG alone (as I have them on hand for DIY). Pure PG does have some throat hit but its not so ruff that you are choking up a lung it can be vaped at 100%. I get more throat irritation/hit from bad flavors mixes / ratios and low grade nicotine...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know this thread is old... but just stumbled across it. Wanted to share that I at times flush out an RDA wick between flavors... and will use just pure PG or VG alone (as I have them on hand for DIY). Pure PG does have some throat hit but its not so ruff that you are choking up a lung it can be vaped at 100%. I get more throat irritation/hit from bad flavors mixes / ratios and low grade nicotine...

I also use plain PG to flush gunk from my coil and wick, if I don't feel like doing a dry-burn/re-wick. It works great.

But I also find it hilarious to see the various comments about high-PG vaping. I've vaped 85%-86% PG for 3 yrs, and for nearly 2 of those yrs, exclusively in an RDA. I don't give a rat's ass about clouds, I use an Achilles because it's the best tight-draw RDA ever made, the flavor is so saturated it makes you think you have ejuice in your mouth, and the TH is so great, you can reduce wattage even more (lower wattage than for a Kayfun, for example) and save ejuice; a 56ml bottle lasts me about 10 days.

Andria

VU Sponsors