Become a Patron!

70VG/30PG alright for Aspire Atlantis EVO coil? (0.4ohm)

devonlethbridge

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey again,

I have Mellon Head 70VG/30PG e-liquid on the way for my Aspire Atlantis EVO. (0.4ohm coil) Will this gunk up or get dry hits from this high VG content?

I tried 70VG/30PG grape flavor in my Aspire Mini Pegasus with a 1.2ohm coil and the coil would gunk up and nothing but dry hits in 1 day. This made me go back to my 50/50 e-liquid I have and the new coil lasted me about 2 weeks. I hope I can use the Mellon Head e-liquid I bought without ruining the coils because I can't return it. $$$$ -_-

Thanks!

Link: https://www.180smoke.ca/aspire-atlantis-evo-coils-5-pack

Last edited:

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey again,

I have Mellon Head 70VG/30PG e-liquid on the way for my Aspire Atlantis EVO. (0.4ohm coil) Will this gunk up or get dry hits from this high VG content?

I tried 70VG/30PG grape flavor in my Aspire Mini Pegasus with a 1.2ohm coil and the coil would gunk up and nothing but dry hits. This made me go back to my 50/50 e-liquid I have and the new coil lasted me about 2 weeks. I hope I can use the Mellon Head e-liquid I bought without ruining the coils because I can't return it. $$$$ -_-

Thanks!

Link: https://www.180smoke.ca/aspire-atlantis-evo-coils-5-pack
How long were you using the coil with the grape before it "gunked up"?

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
higher vg can affect wicking with some setups but, 70/30 should be fine. How many watts are you pushing?

devonlethbridge

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
higher vg can affect wicking with some setups but, 70/30 should be fine. How many watts are you pushing?
For my Mini Pegasus with the 1.2ohm coil I vaped at 17.5W. For the Aspire Atlantis EVO with 0.4ohm coil I probably will vape between 40-45W.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For my Mini Pegasus with the 1.2ohm coil I vaped at 17.5W. For the Aspire Atlantis EVO with 0.4ohm coil I probably will vape between 40-45W.
Ok, just wondered. I am not familiar with the setup but you are doing everything right with the wattage. Higher vg can affect the wicking with some setups. Also, sweet liquids can gunk coils pretty fast. You said the 50/50 ran fine. I would try another coil and see if it happens again. Hopefully someone more familiar with that setup will chime in.

The 70vg should be fine with the Evo.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I used 80/20 in mine w/out any problems.
I haven't been using it much, the flavor is a little lacking and the airflow is sooooo loud

VU Sponsors