Become a Patron!

810 Drip Tip Poll

810 Drip Tip Compatibility- Do you give a shit?

• Yes, piles of shit

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No shits given

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I don't vape

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always hear reviewers giving atty's a con for not having 810 Drip tips. So I ask you, do you give a shit if an atty has a 510 rather than 810 drip tip? Is that honestly a deal breaker for people?

Last edited:

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always here reviewers giving atty's a con for not having 810 Drip tips. So I ask you, do you give a shit if an atty has a 510 rather than 810 drip tip? Is that honestly a deal breaker for people?

Wouldn't say a deal breaker but prefer an 810

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, it's a deal breaker for me... I only use 510 drip tips.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like options, so an 810 with 510 adapter wins. A plain 810, not so much. A plain 510, less. Proprietary, least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

+1, except that a plain 510 isn't a deal breaker for me. A plain 810 that can't be adapted is. I hate, Hate, HATE large mouthpieces. Feels like I'm trying to give a muffler a bj.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah... I don't like big mouthpieces either. I have a couple TFV8's that I bought adapters for just so I could use my 510's.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used to think I wanted the widest bore tip I could find, until I got my cloud blaster. I got used to it, and then I got a crystal ball with a smaller bore tip. Fell in love with it immediately. I think for me it's less about size and more about comfort. I like the tapered/chamfered/beveled/curved/whatever you wanna call it better than those with straight sides and sharp edges.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I prefer the larger drip tips. Sometimes I'm put off by 510's. If it's a good vape though, I'll use it regardless. My nano? I like using without a drip tip.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I used to think I wanted the widest bore tip I could find, until I got my cloud blaster. I got used to it, and then I got a crystal ball with a smaller bore tip. Fell in love with it immediately. I think for me it's less about size and more about comfort. I like the tapered/chamfered/beveled/curved/whatever you wanna call it better than those with straight sides and sharp edges.

Amen to that. If there is a corner where my lips meet the tip, I can't stand that.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For me it just depends. If it does something for me as a whole, then I'll take it... else, proprietary is a dealbreaker so to give you only some examples, Vapergate RDAs tick my boxes therefore it's not a problem for me, and, with my Vaperz Cloud Obese Buddha the mere thought of an 810 would be in violation with the warning sign that's on the bottom of the packaging. Whereas on my Goon RDAs (I own both the original and the 1.5), I need my Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tips or else I won't use my Goons to vape on. As a final example, the Apocalypse leaves me stone cold, not because Armageddon are claiming it is compatible when the reality is it is not compatible, but because it is not compatible as well as because my Goon 1.5 with a Half Moon Mods on it simply has better flavor, so...

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I always hear reviewers giving atty's a con for not having 810 Drip tips. So I ask you, do you give a shit if an atty has a 510 rather than 810 drip tip? Is that honestly a deal breaker for people?
Yes I give a shit it has to have a 510 or no go.
810 was meant for ego batteries not drip tips. ;)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can be happy with 510 or 810. If it's none of the above, I'll probably move along and look for a different product.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna second that EM (now I know what they are.) As usual we are using same vaping gear! Funny that I wasn't even aware I was using 810 drip tips LOL!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it's not the same, but didn't someone come out with a mech mod of sorts that uses two atomizers that joins into one tip? I heard it was an absolute safety failure

Hopefully someone will chime in cos I don't own many mechs or know of this!

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I definitely prefer 810, it makes it incredibly easier to DL compared to the size of most 510's, I think it's mostly the size of it really and has less to do with the bore, my jaw opens ever so slightly more making it easier to inhale a larger volume of air.

I while back I won pico 25 kit with the ello atomizer, it has the other style of 810 with the o-rings on the drip tip itself and even though the chimney is only as big as one with a regular 510 drip tip would be I still enjoy it better simply because the drip tip is bigger and for me better...

For MTL I don't think it would make sense since the volume of air passing through is much smaller..

Prior to 810 becoming more popular I started using some DotMod friction fit drip tips that are bigger than most 510's and it definitely improved my experience as well, I started even using old atty's because it changed the whole experience for me.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ditto - I have a few 510 tips I like, and a big ol bucketful I don't use anymore.

Here's an interesting ferinstance.
Anyone use a Hadaly?
I do, sometimes. Not a crazed fanboi, but it's darned good flavor, lol.

I found this expensive tip - and it changes the Hadaly enough to be worth shipping the damned thing from the UK.
It's a 510, but wider than usual, and designed special to also go over the protrusion on the top of a Hadaly cap.
The slight change in airflow makes, to me, a big difference.

sig-tip1.jpg
That instead of this
blackwithultem.jpg

I definitely prefer 810, it makes it incredibly easier to DL compared to the size of most 510's, I think it's mostly the size of it really and has less to do with the bore, my jaw opens ever so slightly more making it easier to inhale a larger volume of air.

I while back I won pico 25 kit with the ello atomizer, it has the other style of 810 with the o-rings on the drip tip itself and even though the chimney is only as big as one with a regular 510 drip tip would be I still enjoy it better simply because the drip tip is bigger and for me better...

For MTL I don't think it would make sense since the volume of air passing through is much smaller..

Prior to 810 becoming more popular I started using some DotMod friction fit drip tips that are bigger than most 510's and it definitely improved my experience as well, I started even using old atty's because it changed the whole experience for me.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i prefer the ones that come with a griffin. they fit some or most of the goon(810) tanks and the griffin sized tanks as well. if a tank has a proprietary DT I wont by it. It must have a 510, griffin or goon style DT for me to consider it. because I buy tanks to last. I use 3 griffin 22mms still every day. I want to be able to buy parts down the road, and many companies don't sell replacement proprietary DTs in my experience or if the do they are over priced. I can pick up griffin DTs from fastech for about a $1 a piece

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I don't do 810's. But I have custom 510's made with NO air restriction at all. Vase style, fat bottom and fluted top. Here are the dimensions of the original tip made for me. Chucks like a monster, for me anyway. This was made for my Clieto. For a 510 I'd have him do the same thing. I like my entire tank/atty covered at the base. Here is a pic of my tip on a Clieto and me last Xmas fogging up my sister's house.

[Fat Boy with no air restriction (replacement tip)...[ ( ) bottom = 20mm, ) ( Middle = 14mm, O tip/mouth piece = 15mm, height = 20.5mm is the original Fat Boy. ]

213 and Cleito and Custom Tip x.jpg 2016 Xmas Rob Vaping.jpg

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ditto - I have a few 510 tips I like, and a big ol bucketful I don't use anymore.

Here's an interesting ferinstance.
Anyone use a Hadaly?
I do, sometimes. Not a crazed fanboi, but it's darned good flavor, lol.

I found this expensive tip - and it changes the Hadaly enough to be worth shipping the damned thing from the UK.
It's a 510, but wider than usual, and designed special to also go over the protrusion on the top of a Hadaly cap.
The slight change in airflow makes, to me, a big difference.

View attachment 90505
That instead of this
View attachment 90506
I have one of them on my dripbox 160, replaced the awful atty that came with it!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't do 810's. But I have custom 510's made with NO air restriction at all. Vase style, fat bottom and fluted top. Here are the dimensions of the original tip made for me. Chucks like a monster, for me anyway. This was made for my Clieto. For a 510 I'd have him do the same thing. I like my entire tank/atty covered at the base. Here is a pic of my tip on a Clieto and me last Xmas fogging up my sister's house.

[Fat Boy with no air restriction (replacement tip)...[ ( ) bottom = 20mm, ) ( Middle = 14mm, O tip/mouth piece = 15mm, height = 20.5mm is the original Fat Boy. ]

View attachment 90533 View attachment 90534
Just wish my cleito didn't leak, had to retire it :(

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to use 810 DT's. I am a DL kind of vaper. When I started like everyone else, I was a MTL but after time I wanted a more non-restrictive vape. But I like the option of having an adapter to change to a 510.

aeon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
810 please.

If it includes a 510 adapter, that’s OK, but I’m never going to use it.

The proprietary drip tips of my Vapergates and my Dotmod Petri don’t bother me...it is just part of the total experience of them.

But the 810 on my Kennedy is part of why I love it, and why it has simply become “my vape.”

Cheers,
Ian

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
810 please.

If it includes a 510 adapter, that’s OK, but I’m never going to use it.

The proprietary drip tips of my Vapergates and my Dotmod Petri don’t bother me...it is just part of the total experience of them.

But the 810 on my Kennedy is part of why I love it, and why it has simply become “my vape.”

Cheers,
Ian
You can't beat a 810 in my opinion

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just wish my cleito didn't leak, had to retire it :(

This isn't the correct thread for this, but none of my Clietos leak. The original, not the 120. They're the easiest to clean and assemble. I have four of them currently open. I still have 2 more for backups. How did you clean it? I'll see if I can move this to the proper thread.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I keep away from the really short tips, whatever the circumference. They just don't work with the dimensions of my mouth, and terrible if you get spit back.

Wider is better for DL, more comfortable to inhale.

My Arctic V12 was a fail but had a great drip tip, 510 wide bore delrin. Moved this tip to an se-1, where it works much better than the standard Uwell tip.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I keep away from the really short tips, whatever the circumference. They just don't work with the dimensions of my mouth, and terrible if you get spit back.

Wider is better for DL, more comfortable to inhale.

My Arctic V12 was a fail but had a great drip tip, 510 wide bore delrin. Moved this tip to an se-1, where it works much better than the standard Uwell tip.

My fear with the 810 is as you stated. Conforming to my mouth and spit-back. That's why I have mine custom made. I have 4 Uwells, one which I reviewed and if I recall, the drip tip wasn't bad at all. I don't like 'really' short tips either. Okay, I guess we're done here. :wave:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah... I don't like big mouthpieces either. I have a couple TFV8's that I bought adapters for just so I could use my 510's.

Y'know, I had wondered if this was possible, some kind of adapter to turn those big huffing tops into regular driptips. I've seen a couple of low-price RDAs I wouldn't mind trying out, if I could use a regular driptip with them. Who has the adapters?

As for the poll... I don't really know what an 810 driptip is, I just know that most of the new attys have huge honking huff caps, not driptips. Didn't know they had a name.

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'know, I had wondered if this was possible, some kind of adapter to turn those big huffing tops into regular driptips. I've seen a couple of low-price RDAs I wouldn't mind trying out, if I could use a regular driptip with them. Who has the adapters?

As for the poll... I don't really know what an 810 driptip is, I just know that most of the new attys have huge honking huff caps, not driptips. Didn't know they had a name.

Andria
Which atty's are they ? Most come with 510 adapters

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which atty's are they ? Most come with 510 adapters

Hmm, not sure just ATM. Also I think I one that I found somewhat interesting was a BF RDA, and I don't have a squonk mod. But it's just good to know that if I do happen to find one that might satisfy me in terms of tight draw and flavor, I might be able to use a normal driptip wih it -- I don't mind adapters at all, I use an angled adapter all the time anyway, to prevent the hot pops.

Andria

VU Sponsors