Become a Patron!

A bug in my juice -- the dilemma of my vape life

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not diketones, not nicotine effects, not exploding batteries...

I found a bug in my juice. i JUST bought it, and I feel 99% sure it got into the bottle at my house. Ive been vaping it since 2 days ago or so.

It was a gnat or small fly. What sucks is I had shaken the bottle before I saw it, so the bug had even torn apart some.

Sorry to be gross here, but would you still vape this? I mean, I'm going to remove every bug bit I see -- there were maybe 4-5 bits I could see.

I know we eat bugs accidentally sometimes and it's no big deal. But this is inhalation, and our lungs don't have super powered acid to destroy things like our stomachs do.

So, seriously -- yea or nay, your opinion?

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I found a bug in my juice. i JUST bought it, and I feel 99% sure it got into the bottle at my house. Ive been vaping it since 2 days ago or so.

It was a gnat or small fly. What sucks is I had shaken the bottle before I saw it, so the bug had even torn apart some.

Sorry to be gross here, but would you still vape this? I mean, I'm going to remove every bug bit I see -- there were maybe 4-5 bits I could see.

I know we eat bugs accidentally sometimes and it's no big deal. But this is inhalation, and our lungs don't have super powered acid to destroy things like our stomachs do.

I don't think it'll amount to anything - not any more than the tiny bits of cotton seed hulls that are left behind in organic cotton. But, it's your juice. You have to make that choice as to what you feel safe to use. Me, I'd turn the power up and vape that shit!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I'd vape it - if you are super worried about chunks, you could filter it through a strainer or something

I highly doubt a gnat is carrying anything germy enough to infect the lungs after it is vaporized

Just my two cents - being as you asked :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a gnat in a bottle of flavoring a few weeks ago. I tossed it and contacted the vendor, not to be malicious but to caution them to be more careful/observant, maybe do something to keep them away, I dunno. It probably wouldn't bother me to use it for myself and strain it, like Lucy said. After all, I've had hella worse down my windpipe over the years but I mix for other people, so it got binned. Judgment call really.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe vaping gnats is the secret to magical powers. Let me ask you this, have you noticed that you are able to fly since vaping the gnat?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. I just wanted the opinions. I went ahead and just got out the bits and vaped. Didnt filter.
although I would vape my juice if a bug got in the bottle... that's because I make my own juice. Therefore its MY bug. I probably wouldn't vape purchased buggy juice though........

Free range and bugs, from my own home... I can live with that....

but someone else's bugs?????

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remember the cotton in your coil will stop any bug parts from getting to the coil and will act like a filter. Assuming your are using screw in coils that is and not a dripper.

VU Sponsors