Become a Patron!

A couple questions!

Hey guys. It's been awhile since I vaped but I recently got back into it and I just want to make sure my set up is safe. Don't want this thing exploding on me lol. But my set up is a smok cloudbeast with a v8-T10 coil. On a smok alien. If you can give me any info on if my set up is safe or if I need to change it. I would greatly appreciate it. I currently have my watts set to 180 because anything under 160 i get no flavor. But 180 seems to be perfect for flavor and smoke. My settings are watts 180. Volt 4.670 ohms 0.126. Amps 37.06. I've also noticed after about 10 hits the tank tends to get pretty hot. Around 37c. I'd appreciate any info! I'm also using the LGDBHE41865 batteries.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If your vaping at 180 watts, the tank is going to get pretty warm. As long as you're using some decent batteries such as Sony VTC-5A , Samsung 25R, or LG HE2 you should be ok since you're using a regulated mod.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you could change coils. The V12-T12 that came preinstalled in my TFV 12 was ridiculously hot at 150w, which incidentally is about the lowest you can run one and still get flavor. The V12-Q4 still has to be run pretty close to the same wattage, but it doesn't feel like the tank is going to explode. I really prefer the RBA because those stock coils are battery killers. I only run them on the RX300 because a 2-batt mod will go through four sets in a day easily with me. If you're a tootle puffer, go for it, but I'm a direct lung, high wattage chain vapor and they're just not practical.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think the V12 is a bit much for a dual batt mod, and 180W is pushing those HE4's pretty hard. The VTC5A would serve better. As said above, 180W is gonna make the tank hot, even with the airflow wide open. Nothing you can do about it, other than slow down.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WOOT! Triple post LOL
Let's go for FOUR!! Lol!

sIt5A9r.gif

VU Sponsors