Become a Patron!

A guitar player's vape

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, this may seem strange, but i've actually been thinking about going back to my roots and getting a 510 kit with automatic batteries of all things.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT JEREMY??

clapton460_zpsff245735.jpg

BECAUSE GOD, THAT'S WHY
Now obviously i don't think it makes any sense to stick it in there between the strings and the headstock (i mean it's not going to make any cool burns), but i would not mind being able to vape while i'm playing. And like most guitarists, i'd prefer to be able to use both of my hands on the actual guitar. That's right - i don't fuck around.

Of course, since most of us guitar dorks like having boxes to stomp around on, i'd thought it might be interesting to have a sort of vape box. Like a vaping Peter Frampton. A stompbox e-hookah! But that might get tricky.

In my experience, 510 automatics were absolutely horrible. But that was four years ago.
AND SO I HAVE QUESTIONS, PEOPLE
  • Have they gotten any better? At all?
  • Are there any other small-format pen-style auto batteries which are good/serviceable?
  • What are people even using these days for atties for them things? I'm guessing an Evod would look pretty weird sitting atop a 510 (well, especially since it's gonna need an adapter)
  • i've forgotten what this one was
  • Where's a good place to get [your recommendation]?

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is the iTaste VV 3.0 an option? Or is it not supposed to have a fire button?
images

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the iTaste VV 3.0 an option? Or is it not supposed to have a fire button?
images
Do they make those in an automatic configuration? I want one i don't have to touch. I just want to be able to suck on stage as much as possible, without having to tie up my hands with pressing buttons. And obviously it would have to be fairly light so i can drape it off my lip.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I doubt if the technology is where you want it to be for what you'd like ... sorry....

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess what i'm really asking is if they've improved at all on the automatic 510 over the last few years, or if there's a better option. Those things weren't atrocious... they just weren't great.

On mine (since given away), the LED cap came off, so i superglued it back together, immediately prior to realizing that they worked by sensing airflow - which is impossible if one has completely janked it up solid with superglue.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's your setup like, axeman? Somehow I knew you played judging by your pic/avatar... that, and you code too! :)

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's your setup like, axeman? Somehow I knew you played judging by your pic/avatar... that, and you code too! :)
For guitar?
  • Mexican Fender Strat (my main axe),
  • an Epiphone Les Paul Classic (it's goddamn gorgeous, flame black top),
  • an Epi Dot Studio i barely use (intonation issues),
  • a frankenstein guitar i made with
    • a Cort soloist-style body (fucking plywood board wtf),
    • passive EMG H-S-S with three toggles and straight wiring (i forget if it's coil-tapped or just reverse phase),
    • Warmoth compound-radius maple neck,
    • a Kahler Floyd Rose (did the routing myself, replaced a regular Kahler),
  • some weird little $99 Dean Vendetta XM with weirdly soft wood and the best damn intonation of anything else i have,
  • a weird Kramer with an odd sort of small Strat-like body and 3-toggle wiring i cannot figure out
  • plus some cheapo acoustics and bass,
  • a couple keyboards
    • Casio Privia,
    • Roland Juno 106 (has a weird broken chip)
    • Roland Juno-G,
  • Roland TR-707 drum machine,
  • a few basic effects pedals:
    • a Crybaby 535Q,
    • mono Boss flanger,
    • Digitech Distortion Factory
    • Digitech DigiDelay,
    • DOD Thrash Master (wow that is nasty!),
  • various condenser mics,
  • Studio Projects VTB-1 and Electro Harmonix 12AY7 mic preamps,
  • Roland VS-880ex multitrack,
  • Reaper,
  • cheap Roland monitors,
  • an old Crate G-60 combo,
  • a ZT Amps Lunchbox (signed by Nels Cline!),
  • a Line 6 Spider II 210 combo,
  • a crazy-loud Fender (that's right, not Squire) Sidekick,
  • a weird old cheap nasty little featherweight solid state Teisco amp which couldn't hold a leaf to the ground in a mild breeze, but is creamy as fucking hell

https://flic.kr/p/transmothra%2Fsets%2F72157603997551060

Kcoc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Never tried them. I just remembered seeing a review on YouTube. I don't think they are 510 threaded. I think you have to use their cartridges, but you can get a 5 pack of blank cartridges for around $8 to fill with any liquid and it says they can be filled up to 4 times each. The are fixed at 4.2 volts. I have thought about getting one to try since it isn't to expensive and I have spent more on stuff that is just laying in a drawer not being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Do they make those in an automatic configuration? I want one i don't have to touch. I just want to be able to suck on stage as much as possible, without having to tie up my hands with pressing buttons. And obviously it would have to be fairly light so i can drape it off my lip.

Stick this in your vapehole!

http://focalecig.com/Product/510-X-...onic-Cigarette-Battery-with-Crystal-Red-10935

I have a couple of these but mine were rated at 320 mAh but they work and work well.

If these are the same, the display at the end shuffles through different colors, red, green, blue and yellow.

And they are light enough to dangle from your lips as you play.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yep, It Am!

Reactions: jae

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like eRolls. Not 510 but you can refill the little cartridges. I don't know if I got lucky with the last batch of replacement heads but they're lasting a loooong time. Maybe because it's not my main squeeze.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
" I just want to be able to suck on stage as much as possible"

Lol

When I use to play, I sucked on stage alot myself....especially the more I drank.

How about a harmonica holder to clamp down on the 510........ You could do a little Dylan or Young to give you an excuse to wear it..:D

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How is that automatic ? Is there no button to push ? Is it like..."Suck activated" ??

Actually there is a little vacuum/pressure activated switch inside and when you go to take a drag off of it, it activates the battery and away you go!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually there is a little vacuum activated switch inside and when you go to take a drag off of it, it activates the battery and away you go!
No shit ? I think I will order a few of these myself. all my guitars are covered with dust on the walls, but you have me thinking of Bass Fishing......or even sex if I take one of those blue pills...:oops::D

Seriously, guess it wouldnt work with a Kayfun Mini.....no airhole on the bottom. So we need to figure out what good topper would work on it to be able to activate the switch. Any good suggestions ?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
They are pretty much designed to work with cartomizers.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are pretty much designed to work with cartomizers.

Thanks Unkie..... I'll have to dust off the IBtanks. I always enjoyed them. Learned something today.

PS.... To Uncle RJ....... In the movie "Munsters go home" , Grandpa had a dragster which had two speeds .......what two speeds were they ?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The real thing had a four speed transmission.

I really have not seen that movie for quite some time so I am guessing..............

Fast and Faster?

VU Sponsors