Become a Patron!

A little help needed with my next mod choice

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone.

This may be a simple question and I could be overthinking things but I have thoroughly confused myself.

Currently I have Smoke R80TC. I like the tank that came with it, the TFV4 Micro. Good flavor, and it doesn't burn through a ton of juice. My issue is with battery usage, unfortunately I can't get a full day out of a charge because I vape a lot at work (approximately 10 ml per day) If it makes a difference, I use 0.3 ohm coils at about 35 watts, it's the combination I like best for flavor.

I plan on continuing to use this tank on my next mod because I am very happy with it. A TFV8 Beast isn't for me, I don't want to use it because of how many people I see talking about how it drinks juice like crazy.

With that out of the way, here we go:

I want to upgrade to something with more battery power. If I am correct, I should upgrade to a 200 watt mod, because if I continue to use 0.3 ohm coils at 35-ish watts on a 200 watt capable mod, I should get more life out of the batteries on a daily basis as compared to the same usage on an 80 watt mod.

As I am going to continue to use the same tank, does it matter which 200 watt mod I get? By the way, I have no desire to use temperature control, I prefer the wattage control I am currently using.

Smok Alien - UPdate - got one off the trading post and in person it is much nicer looking
Smok R200 - same overall size, shape, and abilities of the R80 I already have but uses 2 x 18650 batteries instead of the permanent one in the R80.
Smok XCube Ultra - I kinda like the box look it has, and as I like Smok products, it should have functions I am familiar with.

As these are all about 200 watt devices, is there a big difference between them I am missing from a battery usage point of view, or is there something obvious that I am missing?

Thanks for reading this, I know it was a long post.

reason for edit - updated my views on the Alien

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi everyone.

This may be a simple question and I could be overthinking things but I have thoroughly confused myself.

Currently I have Smoke R80TC. I like the tank that came with it, the TFV4 Micro. Good flavor, and it doesn't burn through a ton of juice. My issue is with battery usage, unfortunately I can't get a full day out of a charge because I vape a lot at work (approximately 10 ml per day) If it makes a difference, I use 0.3 ohm coils at about 35 watts, it's the combination I like best for flavor.

I plan on continuing to use this tank on my next mod because I am very happy with it. A TFV8 Beast isn't for me, I don't want to use it because of how many people I see talking about how it drinks juice like crazy.

With that out of the way, here we go:

I want to upgrade to something with more battery power. If I am correct, I should upgrade to a 200 watt mod, because if I continue to use 0.3 ohm coils at 35-ish watts on a 200 watt capable mod, I should get more life out of the batteries on a daily basis as compared to the same usage on an 80 watt mod.

As I am going to continue to use the same tank, does it matter which 200 watt mod I get? By the way, I have no desire to use temperature control, I prefer the wattage control I am currently using.

Smok Alien - not a big fan of the design
Smok R200 - same overall size, shape, and abilities of the R80 I already have but uses 2 x 18650 batteries instead of the permanent one in the R80.
Smok XCube Ultra - I kinda like the box look it has, and as I like Smok products, it should have functions I am familiar with.

As these are all about 200 watt devices, is there a big difference between them I am missing from a battery usage point of view, or is there something obvious that I am missing?

Thanks for reading this, I know it was a long post.
If you're not into tc then Smok products will suit you just fine. The best battery life I get out of a dual configuration mod is the 213. It's by no means a tc device and it only does 155 watts but the battery life on it is fantastic.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you're not into tc then Smok products will suit you just fine. The best battery life I get out of a dual configuration mod is the 213. It's by no means a tc device and it only does 155 watts but the battery life on it is fantastic.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper
Thank you. I had not considered the 213. But if you say it has a good battery life I will look into that one as well.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could glance at the Smoant Battlestar as well.
(same size and shape of the RX 2/3 in dual battery mode)
But I would agree that strictly for battery life the 213 wins it.
Won't know about the 213 Plus until tomorrow when it gets here.
If you like the size and shape of the X Cube Ultra, the H-Priv is the same.
It is the same all through except no LED, Blue Tooth, and fire bar is pivoted form the bottom instead of an entire floating bar.
Same Smoke software.
For good battery life with minimal thrills, Eleaf Istick TC100.
Can be used as single or dual 18650, great battery life, capable of TC but it is certainly NOT it's forte'.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The best device I've used for power only was the hexohm.
It doesn't do TC, it doesn't even have a screen; but it delivers, holds up well, and has terrific battery life.
Tops out at 180w/30a

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@f1r3b1rd
If it doesn't have a screen how do you know what wattage it's set to? Or is it not adjustable?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors