Become a Patron!

A little RTA help for a grunt please!

Jmoore061373

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys! I'm relatively new to vaping, I quit smoking a month ago. I went head first, like I always do, and I love it!!! This site has been amazing with all the info, thank you so much. It's also great to see a vet area! I did 8 years, US army, 2nd ranger battalion, and loved every minute. So to all my soldiers, Marines, airmen, and sailors... Thank you!
Now to the question.. Lol. I am a total flavor chaser, don't care much about clouds. I just got the azeroth RTA needed it was supposed to have really good flavor. My question is, what pre built coils should I use for Max flavor? Titanium, SS, nickel? Exotic builds or just plain Clapton? It's all just confusing as hell to me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For best all around I'd recommend SS fused Claptons @ around 0.25-0.4 ohms.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you can get a hundred different answers

i second SS coils
but others will say nichrome and others will say kanthal

each metal has its own flavor

it will also depend on if you do tc or not
then unless you have a FSK chipset
you need nickel titanium or SS wire

if you do MTL then simple coils often work great for that
do you like a hotter ape or a cooler vape

best suggestion is try different things find what you like

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As Mattp noted, it'll be different for each person. My preference for flavor is SS for temp control, and NiChrome for wattage. The SS in TC fires instantly, has 0 cool down, and gives a good intense flavor. But care has to be taken not to vape SS to hot, things get harsh really quick if you do. The NiC in wattage gives a rich mellow flavor that I really like, and it seems to maintain the flavor characteristics over a broader range of wattage than the kanthal that I've tried. Anyway, experiment and find what you like. :bunny:

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now to the question.. Lol. I am a total flavor chaser, don't care much about clouds.

If you can find simple single wire coils, go with SS. Single wire is easier for some mods to do TC with and its cheaper to boot.
Since you are a flavor over clouds person.
Else, I'd go with a simple clapton if you think it will help on the flavor.

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
to chase flavor...get a gennisis atomizer.
I second that. Just got a genesis tank and love it. I also picked up a pico v2 YFTK clone from fasttech and flavor is great and no leaks. It's was so good pick up a authentic pico v2.

VU Sponsors