_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Product page / details: https://www.damnvape.com/nitrous-zaion-kit/

An informative observation. I briefly owned one other boro (Xray), that Vaperz Cloud kindly took back.
I can't try this mod with any other bridge or tanks.
I bought it as is to use as is, or dripper. Maybe a color pop when it becomes available.

Initial findings>
Nice Packaging. Friendly box. Under the lid's thick foam pad is where you'll find a lot of accessories.
1692576832680.jpeg
1692576891690.jpeg

Caution - plastic threaded collar around the 510.
Plastic covers insert or run it without, snaps in - flush - doesn't move.
Same with metal panel - nice fit - strong battery - doesn't move.
1692582288841.png

The nut threads aren't the best. Easy to start, not crunchy, but the thread pitch is such that it wiggles when partially screwed on. It's very close to flush. I have 2 others that fit and work w/this RBA.
The tip is integrated, kind of, can be used to unscrew the nut. Has a bore of 4.5, tip is 8.3 on the larger one. A bit short for my liking.
The battery cap, while SS, has less mass than we're used to, lighter, threading same as nut. Short threads - 2 turns(4 halves lol), easy to grip, and has a slot on top if you want to use a tool.

IDK whether to be mad they spent my money on this, or laugh at such a detailed explanation of what 1 simple little ▼ would say. I choose the former. As you will see, there are other places where saved $ would be better spent elsewhere.
Non adjustable pin.
1692628303215.png

The chip:
I believe it's their first chip, waterproof. It has voltage boost to 6V, and the rest of the simple menu. Up/down same time gets you there. Fire to select. No TC. Small screen but sharp - white on black.
1692578971812.jpeg

But the board has a weird characteristic. Somewhat cumbersome. If you press fire 2 times too quickly, it won't fire on the second press, making you press a 3rd time. Quickly as in a 5 click on/off. If your just chain vaping its 1 press at a time. After a loooong 3 mins idle the screen finally turns off, but SURPRISE !!, it will again only fire second press. Then, after 20 mins it auto offs. Quite the development. Why couldn't it be normal?....YT translate suggested safety but that sounds like an excuse, and it's not on the list of safeties on the product page > SURPRISE EVERYONE, SUPRI..iise !! I don't like these kinds of surprises. [emoji]
Seemingly not hard for me to start getting used to these quirks. Does that make ME quirky?:huh: Its not that bad really, but still...

Reading resistance? DNA=.44, asModus=.45, ZAION=.47. Close enough.

How does it fire?
15-18A 30Q @ 35-40W / It's quite well at managing the battery. Good run time.
Hits hard in wattage/hard mode, softer modes are noticeable and not for me. Voltage mode is great. No noticeable power loss with pin installed.
Vaped as it should all the way to vapor loss at 3.14V, it was like flipping a switch. Was going to vape it to cutoff but was still producing a little when I put it on charger @ 3.09V.
I'm thinking the cutoff must be 3V which is refreshing compared to the usual 3.2 and maybe wane before that.
Good job here.

RBA:
This works for me: Leads cut to 4.5 and pushed to the bottom to tighten. Then pulled up a tad. With the deck level you can see the coil height, and on the deck you can see how the AF will line up when the cap meets the deck...all that because it's too hard to see through.
1692581843933.jpeg
Wicking is straight forward. I cut at that line, thin a bit, cut again, and just tuck it inside the lip. Wicks great, all the way to empty.

This Atemporal has air flow on both sides, making it RDL. Wait a minute???..the og was RDL. That's what we get w/o a number system. OK, so it's restricted but not overly - which is purely imo. That's the best I can say.
But since a picture says a thousand words, I strung some together...Yaa:stars2:aaY
.5ish @ 40W Fully open. Not loud - not quiet.

The shape lends to left or right handed / thumb or index finger. Can put it in crease of thumb by keeping fingers/thumb out of the way. More of a finger tips/thumb hold, like a shot glass.

1692583304333.jpeg

1692582434521.jpeg1692582453351.jpeg

More pics: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1syxB6YMyY2exCwIR7ry4FnRo9lgoUfJx?usp=sharing

In the end, give me a paper box, bare necessities, 1 little triangle.
Metal threads for 510 pin
Fix the threading at the nut and cap.
Remove the "safety" button press.
Screen timeout in 15 secs instead of 3 mins, w/o wake up press.
Don't auto off.
AF for bottom af tanks.

EDIT: THE CHIP HAS BEEN UPDATED. SEE POST #9

Last edited:

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Thanks a bunch for the info buddy.

Kinda let down to be honest,i mean the list you gave at the end they are not really deal breakers but so many of them kinda adds up,know what i mean?

Anyway i am still poor so for now i just got the Zaion on my wish list and waiting for some video reviews.
Nothing wrong with the info you gave us but i just like watching video hehe.

Hey for a lefty how does it rate in the comfortable meter?
As a lefty i am basically screwed when it comes to most of these type of devices,either hold it weird and awkward so i don't cover the airflow or use it with my right hand which is not something i like.

Well anyway thanks again for the info buddy,much appreciated.

cheers

P.S: Just noticed the Vimeo video,don't have an account i will register and watch it later.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hey for a lefty how does it rate in the comfortable meter?
For either hand.
You can put it in the crease of your thumb if you don't let fingers get in the way and keep thumb out of the way. Otherwise it's like a shot glass.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
For either hand.
You can put it in the crease of your thumb if you don't let fingers get in the way and keep thumb out of the way. Otherwise it's like a shot glass.

Good to know,as a lefty we do have some limitations when it comes to these type of devices.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Good to know,as a lefty we do have some limitations when it comes to these type of devices.
Did you buy it? Something I'm looking into is a response to Jim Vv 's YT review where someone commented in a reply that they have removed those button presses, and hopefully auto off. Jason @ Damn Vape was fast to respond on several before purchase emails and tracking emails, but when I said vapers don't want those "Unlisted Safeties", I got crickets.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Another post I found from a different place regarding double click only, (apparently not the auto off and if not, still lends to a parasitic drain w/o it), and I sent them an email. Didn't find any new vid reviews.

''thanks for your inquiry.
yes my team remove that safety function in retail version already.
Best regards,
Jason Wong
DAMN VAPE CO., LTD

www.damnvape.com''

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Did you buy it? Something I'm looking into is a response to Jim Vv 's YT review where someone commented in a reply that they have removed those button presses, and hopefully auto off. Jason @ Damn Vape was fast to respond on several before purchase emails and tracking emails, but when I said vapers don't want those "Unlisted Safeties", I got crickets.

Yeah i didn't end up getting it.

Got some reports about some faulty units that people got,mostly ''ohm jumping'' and paint peeling easily.
Even thou i am dying to get one but i will treat this situation like when a new model of a car comes out, never buy that once since they always come out with some sort of problem.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Another post I found from a different place regarding double click only, (apparently not the auto off and if not, still lends to a parasitic drain w/o it), and I sent them an email. Didn't find any new vid reviews.

''thanks for your inquiry.
yes my team remove that safety function in retail version already.
Best regards,
Jason Wong
DAMN VAPE CO., LTD

www.damnvape.com''

I wanted to send you a pm but i couldn't figure it out,anyway i found this video and i thought you might like it:

It does look pretty cool and I'm guessing he can make any design or pattern you want,only thing is what if you want to take it off?

Imagine having a mod all covered up in that glue residue hehe but i gotta admit a lot of ideas come to mind of designs i would like to have.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
1694150473555.png
______________________________________________________________________________________________

IDK what he's referring to as 'sleep mode'. I guess the 3 min stand by AND auto off, from the way he said it.

They've offered to update mine if I send it back to them..about $18 and the risk of losing it there or back, with a Nitrous RDA as a gift. Sounds like a lot of time, and work. then selling the RDA since I have one, to reduce expenditure. Doesn't seem worth it. I may propose a different option and see what they say.

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
View attachment 208472
______________________________________________________________________________________________

IDK what he's referring to as 'sleep mode'. I guess the 3 min stand by AND auto off, from the way he said it.

They've offered to update mine if I send it back to them..about $18 and the risk of losing it there or back, with a Nitrous RDA as a gift. Sounds like a lot of time, and work. then selling the RDA since I have one, to reduce expenditure. Doesn't seem worth it. I may propose a different option and see what they say.

Dang...

That sure doesn't sound good.
The device should have come out already with the option to turn off sleep mode,they should have thought of that before releasing the product.

Well i hope you get good news from them.

VU Sponsors