Become a Patron!

A Major Embarrassment for the FDA: Congressman to Introduce E-Cigarette Regulatory Bill Tomorrow

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The FDA should be given authority to set additional safety standards, beyond the e-liquid standards established by AEMSA and ANSI and the battery standards outlined in the bill. This is critical because we don’t know what safety features will be uncovered as research into e-cigarette safety continues and evolves. The FDA needs the flexibility to establish additional safety standards as they are warranted.
I think that would be a huge mistake. The FDA has already shown us that it will work against vaping using whatever power it has. Giving it back more "authority" and 'flexibility" is just giving it a way to choke us all again.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well that effectively would outlaw mech mods...and my freedoms would be impaired in order to protect the functionally retarded...I like taking vaping out of the realm of a tobacco product, but the other regulations are bull.I see it as an endgame to give the industry to the uber wealthy, and their paid for state beaucrats.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
3. The bill would establish safety standards for e-liquids and vaping devices that would go into effect one year after the enactment of the legislation. These standards include:
g. Tracking of all devices by serial and lot numbers.

Definition of a "device" please. That alone is a logistical nightmare.

The entirety of battery issues issues could be addressed with a long overdue "dumbass" insert with products. Like:

Don't do anything dumbass like insert a battery backwards.

Don't do anything dumbass like use a charger other than included with the device. (eGo type crap.)

Don't do anything dumbass like stick a bare battery in your pocket with metal objects.

Do not do anything dumbass like use while bathing, stick it with a fork, take a wrapper off etc. etc. Same kind of insert you get when you buy a toaster or an anvil.

After they have provided the warnings and subsequently absolved the liability you have to just let Darwin sort some things out.

VU Sponsors