Become a Patron!

A mouthful of juice

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years
Hi all. I just got my first BF setup, a COV Wraith, which comes with RDA.
I seem to get a mouthful of juice with that one, which I chalked up to the atty spitback shield. I also picked up a Pulse 22, which I coiled & wicked up, expecting flavorful divinity. Though not as bad as the COV atty, I do seem to get a lot of condensation inside the cap & drip tip and too much un-vaporized juice makes it's way to my delicate lips.
The build I put in is SS flat Claptons, 2.5 mm 7 wraps' reads at.23 ohms, vaping at 450 degrees F. Also tried wattage mode, anywhere from 28 to 60 watts. It's wicked up snug inside the coil & I cut the wicks fairly short and thinned the ends. Tried airflow wide open and restricted.
I am also new to RDA's having previously used only subohm, RTA's & RDTA's.
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong here? Could it be not enough cotton? Do I need to shoot for higher ohms to vape this temp/wattage? I like a cooler vape and don't need huge billows.
Any help would be appreciated.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you can, post some pics of your Pulse build. I have a 26 SS/38 Ni80 3 mm ID 7 wrap 0.3 ohms Fused Clapton in mine and I'm running it on a REO Grand mech squonker. No spitback or condensation. I wick it so the ends just touch the bottom of the juice wells. Check out this video, he shows how to build and wick the Pulse:

two2wheels

Member For 4 Years
If you can, post some pics of your Pulse build. I have a 26 SS/38 Ni80 3 mm ID 7 wrap 0.3 ohms Fused Clapton in mine and I'm running it on a REO Grand mech squonker. No spitback or condensation. I wick it so the ends just touch the bottom of the juice wells. Check out this video, he shows how to build and wick the Pulse:
IDK how to post photos (I'm old and have reached my personal technological threshold, evidently), but it's a good build, NP there, despite some stringy wick.
I have looked elsewhere to see if I could figure it out, (watched the build & wick vids before I purchased) and I think it might be my vaping style. I tend to vape like a cigarette, may be pulling too hard and chain-vaping. So now I will try to relearn technique. It seems to be helping, no juice-lips since I tried it. I do everything hard & fast, so it's not natural to me. Over-squonking like a bitch, too.

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you putting coil up you have to build it up even with af

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IDK how to post photos (I'm old and have reached my personal technological threshold, evidently), but it's a good build, NP there, despite some stringy wick.
I have looked elsewhere to see if I could figure it out, (watched the build & wick vids before I purchased) and I think it might be my vaping style. I tend to vape like a cigarette, may be pulling too hard and chain-vaping. So now I will try to relearn technique. It seems to be helping, no juice-lips since I tried it. I do everything hard & fast, so it's not natural to me. Over-squonking like a bitch, too.

Started vaping at 61 after 40+ yrs of smoking. No cigs for 2.5+ years now.

And yes sucking too hard will juice you up along with over dripping.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My thoughts: you said you like to vape like it is a cigarette, well those atties are more DL than MTL

Also, most MTL builds are better with higher ohms, between .5 and 1 ohm

Much cooler vape that way

VU Sponsors