A non-review review of the Aspire ESP 30

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just rebuild the stock coil. its easy because its so big.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just rebuild the stock coil. its easy because its so big.
I can and have, but I'm not a fan of this style of vertical coils. The cotton wrap wicking method is too imprecise, and the longer leg can lead to hot legs or shorts. The RBA deck provides a relatively easy to use horizontal coil assembly.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can and have, but I'm not a fan of this style of vertical coils. The cotton wrap wicking method is too imprecise, and the longer leg can lead to hot legs or shorts. The RBA deck provides a relatively easy to use horizontal coil assembly.

you can rebuild stock Atlantis horizontally. Rebuilding them vertically is way too hard. This is how I do it. Quick and easy and all you need to do is yank the cotton and do a dry burn every week or two and rewick and its just like new.

Here's a twisted 26g build that came out to right about a half ohm.
IMG_20150401_102811_973.jpg

Wrap your coil and then stick a screwdriver or drill bit through the air holes to hold it in place while you put the White O ring and butt stopper back in and snip the ends. Then just run a piece of cotton through and cut off the edges and your golden. Its simple and works better than stock IMO.
IMG_20150518_091058_484.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors