Become a Patron!

A Quick Shout to IMR Batteries

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure this is nothing new to long time customers or people who have dealt with IMR in the past. However my first experience with IMR has been a positive one.

Originally I ordered 3 batteries from them along with some other things, 2 for myself and 1 spare for my mom since her mod's a single 18650. Shortly after placing the order I decided to get another set so another 3 batteries. Hindsight says I should have bought them all together but that's on me.

Due to some ordering issues with their website the initial order was a bit delayed. They compensated the shipping on the following order which was only a couple dollars but a nice gesture. Very helpful customer service. They typically offer a free battery case with the purchase of 2 batteries or more. Having bought them in 2 orders of 3 there would only be 2 battery cases. Mentioned this to them and started to add an extra case to the order but they said they would toss it in at no charge.

When the batteries arrived I noticed they came with some complimentary wraps. I'd ordered wraps with the first order not realizing they included some freebies with each order.

Not only was the purchase a pleasant one with helpful customer service, what struck me was the gesture of the free items. No, an inexpensive plastic case and a couple wraps bearing their logo weren't some huge monetary perks. That's not the point. What impressed me is their willingness to go out of their way to not only include a few things at their cost but that those things promote battery safety. Just in case a customer hadn't considered those things IMR made sure the customer had at least some basic items to help stay safe.

This isn't a competition or comparison to other companies, I know folks use like Illumn or other outlets. Just recognition of a company that shows they're about more than the sale.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like they are a good vendor for sure. I'm in the UK, so haven't dealt with them, but I find Fogstar to be fantastic here, provides wraps and cases with the batteries.

That is a smaller company too, I also use somewhere called batteries plus, you don't get wraps with them but do get cases.

Little things mean a lot though, and the customer service you had is great :)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used batteries plus a long time ago when trying to find an ancient cmos battery for a pc I had (wasn't a standard coin cell). Wouldn't have gotten any protective items for it. Hopefully other vendors take a cue. It's especially useful for people who may not know to pick those things up. Not that it's a huge cost, simple items like that are inexpensive so an additional purchase wouldn't have bothered me.

Not too familiar with UK vendors, I'll have to pass that along to a buddy in the UK who vapes (Fogstar that is). Even without the looming regulations it seems the stand up members of the community are really doing a good job of promoting safety. Whether batteries, ejuice co's who had warnings on them prior to be forced to and so on.

There will always be those who color outside the lines and will make anything more risky than it needs to be, aiming a prying device or screwdriver right for the fastener covered with a label that warns 'do not disassemble'. Hopefully the more conscientious community can keep that to a minimum.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sounds like they are a good vendor for sure. I'm in the UK, so haven't dealt with them, but I find Fogstar to be fantastic here, provides wraps and cases with the batteries.

That is a smaller company too, I also use somewhere called batteries plus, you don't get wraps with them but do get cases.

Little things mean a lot though, and the customer service you had is great :)

Use fogstar myself too

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used IMR a couple/few times and they'll keep my business. Come to think of it, I need to hit them up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good service is always enjoyable to hear about. A lot of people say good things about IMR.

I bought my first Samsung 25Rs from llion was pleasntly surprised to get my order in 2 days to MS. I ordered Wednesday morning and was expecting to get 'em Saturday at the earliest, most likely on Monday. They also included a battery case, but no wraps. No big there, but I did appreciate the case because I forgot to order one.

I plan to buy from IMR soon since they have the XStar charger I really want, but couldn't afford right now. If their shipping is anything like I got from llion, I'll be tickled. :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Synphul , was it the UK batteries plus you used, or the .com one? I have only used the co.uk one myself, they also stock all sorts of batteries for everything, not just 18650's.
I think they are different companies, but I could be wrong and they run a UK as well as a US store?

Definitely tell your friend about Fogstar, they are well regarded here.

@KingPin! , I didn't realise you was in the UK, you might of mentioned it before but I do have memory problems. Fogstar is great, he won't be stocking anymore LG HE4's or HG2's though which is a shame due to the new warning on the label, and his insurance.
All other batteries are still available there though. I will have to use batteries plus though for my HE4's- I like to use HE4's in my mechs.

@GBusafvet95 another good report for IMR, good to hear companies like this are around.

@MWorthington , is that fast for where you are? I'm not really up on the shipping speeds in the USA. A case is always good to include for safety. I remember when Gearbest used to send batteries loose in a plastic bag! (Yes, I have used China for some batteries- they are fine, just take a long time to get here, but at half price it isn't too bad).

What charger are you using at the moment? I need to replace my Efest LUC4, currently using a nitecore I4 because the Efest has gone wonky. Might go for an Xtar myself this time too.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
No probs @conanthewarrior hehe

30q or VTC5a I tend to stick to so as long as they are there I'm happy :)

Might also see if he has HB2 or 4 at some point just in case I ever need that much amp

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Synphul , was it the UK batteries plus you used, or the .com one? I have only used the co.uk one myself, they also stock all sorts of batteries for everything, not just 18650's.
I think they are different companies, but I could be wrong and they run a UK as well as a US store?

Definitely tell your friend about Fogstar, they are well regarded here.

@KingPin! , I didn't realise you was in the UK, you might of mentioned it before but I do have memory problems. Fogstar is great, he won't be stocking anymore LG HE4's or HG2's though which is a shame due to the new warning on the label, and his insurance.
All other batteries are still available there though. I will have to use batteries plus though for my HE4's- I like to use HE4's in my mechs.

@GBusafvet95 another good report for IMR, good to hear companies like this are around.

@MWorthington , is that fast for where you are? I'm not really up on the shipping speeds in the USA. A case is always good to include for safety. I remember when Gearbest used to send batteries loose in a plastic bag! (Yes, I have used China for some batteries- they are fine, just take a long time to get here, but at half price it isn't too bad).

What charger are you using at the moment? I need to replace my Efest LUC4, currently using a nitecore I4 because the Efest has gone wonky. Might go for an Xtar myself this time too.

Yes, it is extremely fast. I placed my order about 10:00 on wednesday morning and then went to a Dr appt. When I got back home about 4 hours later I had an email saying my order had been shipped. My batteries and charger were in the mail friday morning at 11:30 so 2 days from Pennsylvania to Mississippi is amazing (to me at least).

I got the Nitecore D2 for $13.99 to save a few dollars for right now. The Nitecore is a good charger but it's limited to .5 amps which I like anyway. I personally prefer a slower charge to preserve battery life. On a limted income, I have to make stuff last as long as possible :)

https://www.imrbatteries.com/xtar-queen-ant-mc6-6-channel-digital-battery-charger/

This is the charger I really wanted and I'll try to get later when I buy more batteries:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@KingPin! I like the 30Q's myself too. The VTC5A is a fantastic battery, and to be honest I wouldn't get the HB series even if you wan't to push 30A, Mooch's tests show the VTC5A to be great for that kind of power level.

Of course, you shouldn't go past CDR, but in reality the way we use our cells it isn't the worst thing or really even an issue, especially regulated. I know that goes against what I usually say, but I know you are not new to vaping and are sensible. If you are thinking of going far past 30A though then they would be a good idea.

@MWorthington that sounds very fast. I had a I2 as my first charger, and also a D4 at the moment. They are good chargers. With the Xtar I wouldn't worry about using the 1A charging in regards to prolonging battery life vs 0.5A.

I understand on a limited income keeping things working for as long as possible, but most batteries are rated for a standard charge of 1.25A and a fast charge of 4A, so even at 1A you are still treating them plenty gentle and they will last a very long time :).
One of the moderators over at the Evolv forum mentioned that slow charging can also be bad for batteries, but this was only one study so don't take it as gospel, I aim for 1A when I can.

It looks a good charger, and if you need the 6 bays I say go for it. Or you could get a 4 bay charger that charges 4 X 1A and use the D2 alongside of it for the 6 bays for a faster charge.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@conanthewarrior I hear you. The only experience I have with high drain batteries to speak of is the built in batteries of my isticks. I don't have a 1 amp charger but for a long time I was charging with a 2 amp charger from my e-reader. Later I started using a .5 amp charger from an old cellphone and it just seems like the charge lasts longer at .5 A.

It may all be in my head. I haven't done any testing to see for sure. :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@conanthewarrior I hear you. The only experience I have with high drain batteries to speak of is the built in batteries of my isticks. I don't have a 1 amp charger but for a long time I was charging with a 2 amp charger from my e-reader. Later I started using a .5 amp charger from an old cellphone and it just seems like the charge lasts longer at .5 A.

It may all be in my head. I haven't done any testing to see for sure. :)

I'm not too sure which Istick you have with in built batteries, but if it charges at 1A for example, use the 2A charger for safeties sake.
If you use a charger that can put out more amps than the device needs (never voltage though- always make sure that is the same and never higher) the device will just pull what it needs and won't stress the charger/adapter.
If you are using a 0.5A one and it is trying to draw more, it could overheat the charger and potentially cause a fire. This is a small if, but still there.

Of course, if it only needs 0.5A that charger will be fine :).

I know that placebo's can be very strong, I remember when I was fairly new to vaping I thought that these 'new' Efest batteries were amazing. 2900MAH, and I thought they was better than my HG2's, 25R's and VTC4's.

It turned out they was HG2's after all lol. None of this is meant in a bad way, I don't want it to come across that way either, it's just hard with text sometimes :)

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I know exactly what you mean. Text is awfully dry when you don't mean it to be.

About the istick, the manual says use a 1 amp charger and i was pretty sure it would only pull what the chip would let it pull but the battery gets alittle warm so I figured the .5A would be better. The hell of it is, I went to electronics school back in the 70s and should know this, but since my stroke, there's a lot of little facts that escape me now. ;)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know exactly what you mean. Text is awfully dry when you don't mean it to be.

About the istick, the manual says use a 1 amp charger and i was pretty sure it would only pull what the chip would let it pull but the battery gets alittle warm so I figured the .5A would be better. The hell of it is, I went to electronics school back in the 70s and should know this, but since my stroke, there's a lot of little facts that escape me now. ;)

I'm glad you know what I mean mate, without body language/facial expressions it can be hard to get across what you mean without seeming offish.

With a good quality charger it shouldn't be an issue, as it will only put out what it is designed too, even though the mod will be trying to draw 1A. That is why I recommended the 2A charger just to be extra safe.

I went to the British academy of new music in 2007-2009, but have forgot a lot of it (Drink related). I am sorry to hear about your stroke, they run in my family, I lost my Nan to a stroke and my cousin had a massive one at 21. I hope you are a lot better than you was and are recovering well.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have used IMR for all my recent battery purchases and have been impressed with the service. The cases and wraps at no charge is a nice touch. I have used their coupon codes to get free items like wire cutters and waterproof battery cases. I found their price on 4 bay efest charger to be the lowest when I needed one. Plan to keep using IMR for all things battery related.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

@conanthewarrior sorry for the delay in replying, must have missed it popping up in notifications. No it was .com (u.s. site) as I'm in the u.s. I'm not too familiar with them other than the one order, they had a huge variety of batteries and I was looking for an oddball cmos battery for an old compaq pc. It was years ago (over 10yrs).

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it is extremely fast. I placed my order about 10:00 on wednesday morning and then went to a Dr appt. When I got back home about 4 hours later I had an email saying my order had been shipped. My batteries and charger were in the mail friday morning at 11:30 so 2 days from Pennsylvania to Mississippi is amazing (to me at least).

I got the Nitecore D2 for $13.99 to save a few dollars for right now. The Nitecore is a good charger but it's limited to .5 amps which I like anyway. I personally prefer a slower charge to preserve battery life. On a limted income, I have to make stuff last as long as possible :)

https://www.imrbatteries.com/xtar-queen-ant-mc6-6-channel-digital-battery-charger/

This is the charger I really wanted and I'll try to get later when I buy more batteries:
i was going to get a queen ant. but for the same price or less i went with the efest luc v6. almost exact same features as the ant except the efest actually comes iwth a power cord and you dont have to find a usb port that will supply the right amps to get the full use of the ant. The ant says it requires 2 USB cords plugged in to 2x 2.1amp usb ports, that do not come with it. So unless you have a wall wart with 2 ports that both supply 2.1a at the same time, thats 2 spots on your surge protector or 2 in a computer or other device, plus the possible extra cost ($3-6 each) This is what turned me off on the ANT
Oh and the efest came with a car adapter as well

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i was going to get a queen ant. but for the same price or less i went with the efest luc v6. almost exact same features as the ant except the efest actually comes iwth a power cord and you dont have to find a usb port that will supply the right amps to get the full use of the ant. The ant says it requires 2 USB cords plugged in to 2x 2.1amp usb ports, that do not come with it. So unless you have a wall wart with 2 ports that both supply 2.1a at the same time, thats 2 spots on your surge protector or 2 in a computer or other device, plus the possible extra cost ($3-6 each) This is what turned me off on the ANT
Oh and the efest came with a car adapter as well

Thanks for that Matt. I looked at so many chargers when I was trying to decide, I either missed that part of it, or completely forgot. (At my age either is genuinely possible. :D)

When I get ready for another charger, I'll look more closely at the Luc. :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for that Matt. I looked at so many chargers when I was trying to decide, I either missed that part of it, or completely forgot. (At my age either is genuinely possible. :D)

When I get ready for another charger, I'll look more closely at the Luc. :)
No problem My Nitecore I4 died after i put a battery in backwards. (so much for the supposed reverse battery protection) I was stuck with only 2 slots working and with 9 sets of batteries that wasnt going to cut it. I had resigned myself to a Xtar because of how many positive reviews they got. But with so many of them working off usb cords I was getting frustrated. I finally decided on the efest luc v6 because many here use one and like it. I must admit it is a nice step up fro my I4 with having 6 channels at .68 and being able to actually read the volts of each battery, plus I discovered my I4 was never fully rechargung, it cut off at 4.1V instead of 4.2 and the efest charges all th2 way to 4.2. SO for the price and the actually power cord plus 6 bays I decided to take the risk. Ive had it about 2 weeks now and it works great. Hopefully it holds up longer then the 14 months my I4 did

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good deal! So far my D2 is working really well, but I know I'll need more slots later as I buy more batteries. I'll surely be looking at the Luc6. Llion batteries was out of them when I got mine and I needed to keep my spend down as low as possible at the time is why I got the Nitecore. In a few weeks I'll get more batteries and another charger.

foradepoweraliya

Unlisted Vendor
Good deal! So far my D2 is working really well, but I know I'll need more slots later as I buy more batteries. I'll surely be looking at the Luc6. Llion batteries was out of them when I got mine and I needed to keep my spend down as low as possible at the time is why I got the Nitecore. In a few weeks I'll get more batteries and another charger.
You can have a try buying authentic battery in this almost 100% good reviews store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1191644?spm=2114.10010108.0.39.7i5Xv1

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can have a try buying authentic battery in this almost 100% good reviews store:https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1191644?spm=2114.10010108.0.39.7i5Xv1

Thanks for the link but every battery I checked cannot be shipped to the US. The few Sonys and LGs I found looked authentic alright but who knows? I' ll just keep buying my batteries from llion or lmr. Their prices are in line with aliexpress and spend a lot of time verifying the batteries they sell are the real deal. Plus, I can order from llion in the morning and I'll have my batteries by friday morning. :)

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got 5 MXJO 3000mAh 35A batteries today from IMR. Usual good service and quick shipping and free cases and battery wraps as usual. Their prices are always competitive and they run frequent sales for discounted prices. I have no reason to buy from anyone else

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors