Become a Patron!

A Shot in the Dark...

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
Hi All, I am pretty new here, so I did not think to look here for advice before I ordered. Since I ordered from China, I will have about 3 -5 weeks to agonize over whether I did the right thing. I have been vaping for a while, so I have some idea of what I am getting into. I currently have 2 MVP 2's and an iStick 30. My problem is I am using crappy eGo thread tanks on my MVP's. After I got my iStick 30, I kinda fell in love with the Subtank Mini that came with it. With the 4ml capacity, and real control over the airflow, it was love at first vape, but I still had those eGo tanks on my MVP's. I went on AliExpress and started shopping. I found the Subtank Mini's, and the price was OK, but I thought I would see if I could do better. Any way, I found the Subtank Mini-C for 1/3 less. It only has a 3ml capacity, but it is a very slick looking, top fill tank, with some interesting colors. I wound up buying 2 in "Rose Gold" (actually, copper, it appears), along with some 1.5ohm coils for my MVP's. This is the same tank that comes on the Subox Mini-C. Does anybody have any experience with this tank, that could give me some idea of what to expect? Thanks, Guys!
Dave

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I haven't used mine yet... but I can tell you...
Do not pull up on the tank while it has juice in it. This tank separates at the very bottom of the glass for changing out the coil. The airflow is controlled by rotating the tank once it's attached to a mod. It fills from the top by removing the drip tip portion.

Also, just a precautionary statement.. you cannot sub ohm on the MVP's... be sure your coils are always 1.1 or higher ohms.

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
Also, just a precautionary statement.. you cannot sub ohm on the MVP's... be sure your coils are always 1.1 or higher ohms.
Yup, I know, that's why I ordered 1.5ohm coils, but thanks for the heads up on the leak alert!! Yeah... As I was looking at the pics, it looked Like it worked mostly like my Subtank Mini. I vape for flavor, not clouds. I use my Subtank Mini with a 0.5ohm coil, but only at about 8W

Last edited:

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
Well, My ProTank 5/SubTank Mini-C tanks arrived today... Gotta say it's a mixed review. Generally I like them, but there are a couple of problems I have with them. The biggest problem is the lack of adjustable air-flow. I am used to using the small hole on my SubTank Mini's so I am having trouble adjusting to the increased airflow. They really aren't bad, so I may get used to them. I think I have a workaround. I am going to cut down an "O" ring, and plug one side. That should cut the air-flow down to what I am used to. The other prob isn't so simple. It only uses SSOCC coils. I rather like the OCC coils because they fire nicely at about 8W and give the cloud and flavor I like. The SSOCC don't work below 15W and yield a sharper flavor. This runs my battery down twice as fast. If I continue using OCC coils, I may wind up having to mix a batch of juice tailored to the SSOCC coils. I may just do that anyway, because the TopTank I just ordered comes with SSOCC coils.

Last edited:

WarpedFactor

Member For 2 Years
Just a follow up for anyone who may be interested in these tanks. I did get used to the increased airflow, without much problem. I now enjoy this tank. I am still a little miffed that only SS coils are available, as that wears down your battery faster with the required higher wattage. The only *real* issue I have with them is that they tend to leak at bottom a little after fill. I can't figure this out, but it seems not to leak after you seal it up and are using it. It seems to be a good match for my new eLeaf iPower.

VU Sponsors