Become a Patron!

A Thank You and an Update....

Late last year, after smartly consulting the folks at VU (Thank you :vino:) and searching their threads (...yep, that little tickle was me), I finally moved into the recent/almost-ancient realm of vaping. March 1st was my sixth anniversary of quitting smoking :bliss: but the world of vaping had changed since I'd finally settled on my Provari P3/Kabuki combo (don't laugh too hard. I still use it - and it's still an excellent vape:p). But after years, I wanted something new.

It started as a squonker because the Kabuki tank was too small. And didn't a squonker mean an RDA?... Of course, it had to be regulated... and, you know, that temp control sounded good... but temp control didn't really work... but those Yihi and DNA boards... and shouldn't it look good? Yeah. So after not buying anything other than juice and coils for years, I decided to splurge, but I knew nothing.

Splurging was of course the perfect idea for someone who not only knew zilch about squonking, but also knew nothing about temperature control, a DNA, or even winding a coil. (Thanks VU :vino:) So, I got the Therion BF 75C. Also got a Coilmaster tool kit with an ohm reader, some Kendo Gold cotton, some 28 and 30g 316L wire as well as some micro fused clapton lengths from AVS. What could go wrong?

Well...

It turns out that I lack perhaps the most important skill in all the world of MTL squonking attys: I can't speak Italian. Sure, I love the food, I've seen more than a few mob movies, and I've seen all of <em>The Borgias</em>, but my Italian isn't even close to functional. Unfortunately, for mouth to lung squonking, functional Italian can often be crucial.

On Youtube, I try to go by the visuals, but the audio is confusingly insistent with familiar and delicious sounding words. Sure, much is lost in translation, but much is also gained. "Atomizer" translates boringly enough, but "squonk" and its conjugations are celebrated: <em>squonkara, sqonkare, etc.</em> [totally not sure on the spelling]. Very cool.

Just say it out loud and revel in it: <em>Ssquaahhnnkaaarraaa</em>. Yeah. Feels good, don't it? I want one.

Still, the Italian reviewers often seem unreasonably angry with their vape gear. Even as they quite delicately wick and fluff their builds I'm still not sure if they are cursing or blessing the cotton. But I need to know! Those MTL RDAs from Davinci and Mad Monkey Mods and others are just what I'm looking for!

So I decided to learn Italian. <em>Sqonkara</em> :vino:...

... until, of course, a Russian comes out with the Berserker MTL RDA....

Attys I love so far: Origen Little and Strike 14.

Atty I like and could love: Narda (with the right top cap)

Didn't work for me: Hadaly, Pulse 22.

Attys I want: Berserker RDA, Little Bang, McFly, Chalice III

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You might like/love a Wasp Nano, or maybe even a Gorge. I was unsure of the Gorge but got one and fell in love, if one can love something inanimate. It has a 22 mm deck which lets me build bigger macro coils although most of those stay with a 3 mm inner diameter. I'm finding myself at the very least liking the Wasp Nano a good bit. Reminds me in some ways of a NaRDA clone. I do buy authentic RDAs but only if I can afford them, otherwise I'll use a clone.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Didn't work for me: Hadaly, Pulse 22.

Attys I want: Berserker RDA, Little Bang, McFly, Chalice III
Oops, didn't see you already posted your displeasure for the atty.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At over $80, it better give great Helmet.

Careful, someone might Jam you, raspberry even. Great Helmet can be got for around $22 or so with a Gorge order via FastTech. No need to go to Ludicrous speed either. Last time I had parts go plaid, guess it's okay though being part Scottish n' all.

And if you're really into teeny tiny the Wasp Nano or it's newer little sister the Demon Killer are all kinds of pretty little bonnet shiny. :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You might like/love a Wasp Nano, or maybe even a Gorge. I was unsure of the Gorge but got one and fell in love, if one can love something inanimate. It has a 22 mm deck which lets me build bigger macro coils although most of those stay with a 3 mm inner diameter. I'm finding myself at the very least liking the Wasp Nano a good bit. Reminds me in some ways of a NaRDA clone. I do buy authentic RDAs but only if I can afford them, otherwise I'll use a clone.

Those are a little airy considering the choices he already made and really likes

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those are a little airy considering the choices he already made and really likes

Hmmm *sits nodding* Yeah, you're probably right as always. :) No, that's not meant as sarcasm or being smart, it's just admitting you are probably right. *chuckles* Need my coffee dang it, @snake94115 got me lost in those notions of poly ticks. Like I'm Luna tick enough to ever ... *smh & lol* Well, off to do that. By the by have :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: bomb for y'all, hope life's treating you least fair to middlin'.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the wasp is an oddity: an atty where you keep TRYING to restrict the airflow - reversal of typical issues ;-)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, the wasp is an oddity: an atty where you keep TRYING to restrict the airflow - reversal of typical issues ;-)

It's a great little attie - but not small chamber MTL, lol

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmmm *sits nodding* Yeah, you're probably right as always. :) No, that's not meant as sarcasm or being smart, it's just admitting you are probably right. *chuckles* Need my coffee dang it, @snake94115 got me lost in those notions of poly ticks. Like I'm Luna tick enough to ever ... *smh & lol* Well, off to do that. By the by have :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: bomb for y'all, hope life's treating you least fair to middlin'.
I did no such thing.

VU Sponsors