1. VAPING UNDERGROUND VAPE BANDS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
    CLICK HERE TO GET YOURS

A whole lotta what not to do

Discussion in 'What NOT to do!' started by Droogbc, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Droogbc

Droogbc Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    So I had my Efest Blu6 charger set so all of the lights and display were off, was in a hurry due to a family function, and installed a fairly new pair of 20S' with one cell backwards without realizing it.

Cell got sucked down to .73 volts. Ruined.

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Dang

zephyr and inspects like this.
  3. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yup, a good charger won't even function with batteries in backwards.

4. conanthewarrior

conanthewarrior Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't have that charger, but do have an older Efest one. It has reverse polarity protection, If there is none on the Blu6 you are lucky to get away with a dead battery- we all make mistakes, I've made a big one switching from a dual parallel to series mech and back again (put them in series- heated straight away and out the window).

Be safe man! And keep on vaping! :)

Letitia9 and zephyr like this.
  5. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    According to the manual that charger is supposed to have reverse polarity protection.

upload_2018-12-3_18-29-7.png

Letitia9 likes this.
  6. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I have the 4 bay version and put my batteries in backwards all the time. Never had this happen to me.

Letitia9, Just Frank and zephyr like this.
  7. DOAUSMC0331

DOAUSMC0331 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I would say you got a bad cell.

8. Droogbc

Blog Posts:
    The charger is supposed to have reverse polarity protection, and I guess to some extent it does as it didn't attempt to charge the cell. I'm guessing that being installed backwards put some sort of parasitic draw on the battery and it just sapped the juice from it as it sat there. That said, I've noticed that the charger sometimes emits an extremely high pitched whine when the room is cold, sort of like an old crt tv. Also, it says Efest on it and the Bluetooth functionality is worthless, so I may drop-kick it into the street and pick up an xtar or maybe a balanced 18650 sled for my Hitec hobby charger.

In the end it was my fault, but still a gut punch as these cells were just a couple of months old and were performing really, really well. Also, it was one of a matched pair, so now I have a single cell and basically nothing to use it in as the only single cell mods that I have left are mech tubes that have been shelved for years. Guess I need another mod now, lol.

Did I mention that I had to order the 20s' in to Canada from Lightning Vape in Florida because everyone else bends us over ridiculously on shipping? Did I mention that Canada Post has been on strike and the eta for packages is now April 2019? (Still waiting on shit to arrive that I ordered in effing October.)

Grrr.

Letitia9 and zephyr like this.
  9. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have the LUCV6. I put an 18650 in backwards once and nothing showed up. Thats how I knew to turn it around and pay closer attention.

Letitia9 likes this.
  10. Droogbc

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, but when you have the entire unit set so none of the lights nor screen illuminate it's hard to judge based on the led's.

11. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Same here.

12. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    @Droogbc you can use that single in a 521 tab or a flashlight.

13. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    My Nitecore I4 flashes all three LED's if a battery in reversed and the eNook Alien doesn't light any LED's of it is reversed. Have not tried it with the XTar PB2 yet so will update when I have time to test it.