Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$38 for this wayyyyy over price...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Beats $129.99 for the genuine article. I can stomach $38.99 for this, personally.

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There should be another Big Dripper clone going up in 2 days from another manufacturer and distributor here in the USA. Hopefully better pricing, I will update this post when it's up.

EDIT: That takes you to preorder on ebay, does anyone know that company selling those on EBAY?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I wait for either of these clones to make its way to Europe. Then I can try it without the missus knocking my teeth in and giving me an earful about wasting money :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I wait for either of these clones to make its way to Europe. Then I can try it without the missus knocking my teeth in and giving me an earful about wasting money :)

Haha, come on men you know 38 bucks is too much,even the big Buddha by eh pro is selling 40, I'm not buying that. The big RDA will hit the 25-30 bucks mark..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
didnt the authentic have quad cyclops or am i mis-remembering?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Replying to myself here, but...

I have two Big Dripper clones from Winsmoke on order, from a webshop in France. 25 euros a pop - not too shabby.

That means it's barely been over 3 months between the original announcement on ECF by Sub-Ohm Innovation about the genuine article being available at $130 from the US only, and the sub-30 euro Chinese knockoff being available from some nondescript web store in an equally nondescript country.

Ain't the Chinese amazing? :)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replying to myself here, but...

I have two Big Dripper clones from Winsmoke on order, from a webshop in France. 25 euros a pop - not too shabby.

That means it's barely been over 3 months between the original announcement on ECF by Sub-Ohm Innovation about the genuine article being available at $130 from the US only, and the sub-30 euro Chinese knockoff being available from some nondescript web store in an equally nondescript country.

Ain't the Chinese amazing? :)
dude fastech has the clear tank version.... Hahahahaa

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Big Dripper clones in the mail yesterday. I'm trying one of them out. I'm still working out wicking issues that are specific to my insisting on mounting a single coil in it, and the thickness of the juices I use.

Two observations so far:

- It leaks through the air holes. I expected that. All atties with side air holes do that.
- I've taken the tank to my company's metrology lab today, and asked the technician to stick it upright in the pressure chamber and drop the pressure to 3/4th of the regular atmospheric pressure (the cabin pressure of most airliners at cruising altitude). As I thought, half the tank promptly leaked out of the feed hole and onto the table.

In short, don't fly with a full tank or you'll be sorry :)

Other than that, it's a fun toy. Definitely not worth $130 though. I'm glad I've waited a few weeks for the clone to appear on the market.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've discovered a new "feature" of the Big Dripper: if you like a tight draw like I do, it auto-feeds - meaning you don't even have to press the pump to replenish the atty. It's exactly the same effect as with bottom feeders: the vacuum created by your mouth pulls the juice out of the tank.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine are from Winsmoke. The quality is surprising actually. However, what I find a bit disgusting is that they've reproduced the Sub-Ohm Innovation logo under the base, and engraved a fake serial number. Honestly, between that and the general good quality of the product, if I wanted to sell them, I could pass them off as genuine articles to an unsuspecting buyer.

I'm all for clones, but that to me is pure forgery, designed for deception through and through. I would've preferred it if they had engraved their own logo rather than a fake SΩI logo.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine from origin vape, broke on the first day, I spent $34 bucks on it, they replace the base after 2 weeks... When I got it I built dual 24g,it tasted like steel, now I'm selling it for 15 bucks hit me up!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

Wabah58

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine off Ebay, works like a champ, been using it hard for weeks.

Box3.jpg

B-RAD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine from origin vape, broke on the first day, I spent $34 bucks on it, they replace the base after 2 weeks... When I got it I built dual 24g,it tasted like steel, now I'm selling it for 15 bucks hit me up!
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520
My buddy had that issue on his first set of coils. After some research found that your coils have to be below the lip your deck. If not they can short against the cap causing a metallic taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My buddy had that issue on his first set of coils. After some research found that your coils have to be below the lip your deck. If not they can short against the cap causing a metallic taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh men, my coils are low, but the problem is if I go low I feel like the coils are over saturated with juice,it doesn't really produced the same flavor,and I feel like im burning the positive insulator... But anyhow thanks for the advice...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've discovered something else with the Big Dripper: if you shake it repeatedly, the tank slowly empties in the chamber all by itself.

Why would anyone shake it you ask? Well, for me, it happens on my bicycle: I carry my mod in its case in my bike's pannier, and I ride at least 15 miles everyday to and from work. When I arrive and I start vaping, I can tell there's some of the flavor stored in the tank coming from the atty - if I had been dripping something else before. If I ride longer (typically when I go for a century), the mod and the inside of the case is all wet, because the tank has leaked all over the place. I know it's not the pump, because I slip a small plastic cylinder over it before storing the mod in its case, to prevent accidental pumping.

That's a problem for me, because I use the Big Dripper as a regular dripper 99% of the time, and I only use the pump when I drive, which isn't very often. Only when I press on the thing, thinking the tank is still full... nothing, it's empty.

The Big Dripper is a good atomizer, but it would only be perfect for me if it had a valve to manually seal off the tank when it's not in use. That way I could carry it anywhere, and fly with it, without the tank constantly draining itself empty.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wasted money on this thing,I should've bought the BIG BUDHA
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VU Sponsors