Become a Patron!

Absurd Juice Prices....

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they realize their competition is outselling them on all levels then yes perhaps that will be an option. At least making an inexpensive line along side your premium line. It matters. Lots of people are poor right now. B&Ms and online competition will dillute individual same store sales even more. It's something to pay attention to.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The market sets the price, not internet rants. Most 'poor' people just mismanage their money...

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes whilst the rich and powerful got that way through sheer hard work. Horse droppings! Cheap and high quality juice is in demand far more than premium priced liquid by miles even with savings from not smoking analogs. I can afford a few premiums here and there but to be exclusively what I vape? Not a chance. Most people on here would go broke!

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A lot of people at work earn as much as I do, yet live paycheck to paycheck and marvel at how I can take a luxury holiday in Prague every six months. Most people mismanage their money, it seems, regardless of how much they earn...

statseeker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or you know they have student loans or they may have lost their house during the credit crisis or they find that living where they do might cost more than they thought. Don't paint everyone with such a broad brush even if you think you know their circumstances. There's likely shit you just don't know about. Enjoy your biennial trips though. More power to you. You're doing it right.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ones I know at work waste money. That are always buying new car or truck 'upgrades', video games and consoles, drinking every weekend at bars, ordering dinner everyday at work...

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The ones I know at work waste money. That are always buying new car or truck 'upgrades', video games and consoles, drinking every weekend at bars, ordering dinner everyday at work...
This is very true. My brother makes more money than me, yet he is always broke and I am able to save money.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used nothing but store bought juice since I first began vaping in 2011. Much of it was horrific. In the past year I was able to find some really tasty stuff, but with tax it was usually over $25/30ml. I'd generally grab 3 bottles at a time and walk out of the store $80 poorer, once or twice a week, since dripping eats the juice with vigor. I liked some of those juices so much I never thought I'd be able to recreate them at home, and almost didn't bother trying.

Then I happened upon diy-ejuice.com, who happens to be local to me. Bought just under $80 worth of supplies. A liter of VG, 5 bottles of flavorings I thought would suit me, 100mg/ml nic base, a nikitest kit, and had the wife bring home some syringes from where she works.

After a day of fiddling with percentages I have come up with one juice which I actually like more than the b&m juice which I was trying to recreate. The other flavor I was shooting for still needs some work, but it's vapable, and I'm still on week 1. Nowhere to go but up from here as I refine my mixes.

Aside from the small 10ml test batches I made to get a sense of each individual flavor, I've mixed up four 30ml bottles of tasty juice so far. That's over $100 that I won't be spending at the b&m on juice, and I haven't even put a dent in the supplies that I bought. Even at the small quantities I purchased my diy supplies at, I'm still saving thousands over store bought juice. Win for me, I'd say.

Also, fwiw, starting to diy has helped ease the nasty case of shiny-itis I was suffering from. Now, instead of pining over hardware I don't really need, I'm spending more of my time and thought on refining my flavors. Unintended benefit, I'd say.

If anyone here is on there fence about getting into diy, my suggestion is to go for it asap!

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just found a Vape Shop down the street from my work. Myself and another customer where in the store sampling juices, he found a juice he liked but he almost fell over when the sales guy told him it was $28.00 for 30ml. :eek: He said he liked it but not enough to pay $28.00 for it. Their most expensive juice was $32.00 for a 30ml bottle:confused: I didn't even bother sampling any of their higher priced stuff.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No one can deny that diy'ing your own juice is much much cheaper than store-bought. And it might taste better (or not :D ). But that' s true with everything - the strawberry cake I just made from scratch is much cheaper than anything I could have bought in a store. But there's only so much time in the day. Sometimes the convenience is worth the time savings and sometimes it's not.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It takes me about 2 minutes to add the ingredients. Another 2 min in a hot water bath, and a minute to shake. Costs pennies.

Or, I could drive 5-10 minutes and drop $25+ everyday. (Or $175+/- every week.)

Time is money. Money is money.

I don't have a lot of time, but now that I'm mixing for myself I've got a hell of a lot more disposable income.

HealthierCigs.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I just found a Vape Shop down the street from my work. Myself and another customer where in the store sampling juices, he found a juice he liked but he almost fell over when the sales guy told him it was $28.00 for 30ml. :eek: He said he liked it but not enough to pay $28.00 for it. Their most expensive juice was $32.00 for a 30ml bottle:confused: I didn't even bother sampling any of their higher priced stuff.
That is very expensive for premium 30ml bottles........very expensive. I know right now we are having a sale until the end of May on our premium line.....only $12 each.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is very expensive for premium 30ml bottles........very expensive. I know right now we are having a sale until the end of May on our premium line.....only $12 each.

I do live in Canada so most things are a little pricier here. I just paid $26.00 for a 30 ml bottle of SpaceJam Juice today. That is pretty much on par with the price of it in the U.S. if you factor in the exchange rate. Still way too expensive IMHO, but I wanted to try it. It is very good juice, but not any better than some of the locally made stuff I can buy for $16.00 for 30 ml.

HealthierCigs.com

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I do live in Canada so most things are a little pricier here. I just paid $26.00 for a 30 ml bottle of SpaceJam Juice today. That is pretty much on par with the price of it in the U.S. if you factor in the exchange rate. Still way too expensive IMHO, but I wanted to try it. It is very good juice, but not any better than some of the locally made stuff I can buy for $16.00 for 30 ml.
Yes I guess that is on par with the US. The premium brand lines in US are usually $22 retail.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Which is another thing that always bugs me. What exactly makes something 'premium'? A fancy label, glass bottles, a higher price? I've seen brands advertise that they're made with 'USP-grade' PG and VG - as far as I'm concerned, that's a minimum standard, not enough to make something 'premium'. 'Extra-pure' nicotine (whatever that means)? Extra-good flavor (which is obviously subjective)?

Oops, sorry - I'm heading off on a tangent. But this whole 'premium' juice gets on my nerves.

Haggie

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi folks,
New here but for my first thread I thought I'd post what I was just looking at.
Over 3,700 bucks for a gallon of ejuice.... Kind of makes printer ink seem cheap.
Now the real kicker is out of that gallon will be ounces of flavorings the reat cheap VG PG.

Just like the printer ink people they seem to have us over the barrel.
I went and priced just nic liquid in Pg at 30 bucks for a liter..

You know most of us were reamed by the tobacco companies paying a buck for what cost then 10 cents
Then getting it again from the gov in taxes... smoking is bad for you so we will punish you....but dont quit cuz we need the loot.

So it saddens me that vaping companies have learned from printer ink and the gov.
The 30 ml bottle of halo juice at 20 bucks for really about 4 ml of flavorings..

Think about how much flavoring is in that pack of gum, that you just bought for a quarter.

Kind of like back in the day the herb man was a good guy who'd do you right... now the herb man will seek to burn you.
I am working on my own juices, but it bothers me to see this kind of greed.
Happy vapor trails to you.............

I sell juice over Instagram and locally to a lot of friends. I sell 10ml for 5 bucks 60 ml for 20 bucks. 120 for 35. Message me if interested. I'm currently making a website have been doing this for years but finally branching out more. Email me at (staff removed) if interested or on here

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors