Become a Patron!

Acerig Copper Manhattan Clone Issues!

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just received an Acerig Copper Manhattan Clone. I love it, it hits really hard. Only problem is that the button continuously is backing out of the screw in the bottom contact. Its pretty bad where i put it in my pocket and in only a few minutes the button has come fully off and if the contact is touching the battery then the mod is firing. So much for a guarantee to never auto fire.

Any one else having this issue and ideas on how to fix it? Would a small amount of teflon tape on the threads of the screw help to tighten it up, but would this cause voltage drop and/or be dangerous? Open to any ideas. Thanks

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not to bust balls but this is the exact reason I don't buy clones. I have 3 authentic manhattans and none of them have this issue.
As far as a way to fix....try some copper tape from a arts n crafts store. Get the silver backed version. It's like $8 for a roll. Just replace it as needed.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't own one but many switches do this and the fix is always the same for me.. I put cotton or paper towel in the hole the contact threads into be it a threaded cap or switch rod.. Estimate where the contact would work best for you and then fill it so the contact is tight at that setting and won't back out.. I do this with battery adjustment screws on the top cap also.. It always fixes the problem for me if I do it right..

Last edited:

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry saltlife, if i didn't live in hawaii and have to pay $4.40/gal of gas and $6/gal milk, i just might have the $275 to buy an authentic. Until then, clones do just fine for me. I will have to try that copper tape though, i have actually heard it to work wonders for several applications.

Thank for the tip Vapor Zen, so im guessing that its not dangerous or anything to use some sort of material in there to tighten up the threads.

After a more thorough cleaning of all parts of this clone, I havent had the contact pin back out on me at all over the past 3 days, even after spending all day yesterday bouncing around in my pocket. I guess it was just a bit of machine oil left in there that I didn't get out with the first cleaning. Im chalking this up as $40 well spent on a seriously hard hitting clone, with little to no issues!

saltlife

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^^^^
Didn't mean it in a harsh or negative way. It's more of a safety issue for me. Alot of guys I work with have clones that either pocket fire or don't vent properly and usually end up in the drink lol.
$4.40 a gal for gas????!!! Better not even ask what diesel costs lol.

not2coolguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No worries saltlife! Maybe I'm just a little salty myself that I can't afford me a nice authentic, lol! Even if you were trying to be harsh or negative, this is the underground and you can do that right!!!!

Diesel is close to $5/gal. Life is rough here, you know, living in paradise, with all the beautiful beaches, gorgeous half dressed women, and sun shine all year round ;)

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just received an Acerig Copper Manhattan Clone. I love it, it hits really hard. Only problem is that the button continuously is backing out of the screw in the bottom contact. Its pretty bad where i put it in my pocket and in only a few minutes the button has come fully off and if the contact is touching the battery then the mod is firing. So much for a guarantee to never auto fire.

Any one else having this issue and ideas on how to fix it? Would a small amount of teflon tape on the threads of the screw help to tighten it up, but would this cause voltage drop and/or be dangerous? Open to any ideas. Thanks

I have this exact mod but I don't have this issue, but I also don't carry it in pocket, it is always on a table. Have you tried tightening down the negative contact with pliers? I personally know at least 4 people with some version of the Acerig Manhattan, but have not heard this complaint. Actually there haven't been any until I read this.

Well, as it is with any ecig device, you may have just received a defective one, so contact the vendor that you bought it from for an exchange. There is no reason for you to suffer with something that is not working the way its supposed to.

Andrew M

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not to bust balls but this is the exact reason I don't buy clones. I have 3 authentic manhattans and none of them have this issue.
As far as a way to fix....try some copper tape from a arts n crafts store. Get the silver backed version. It's like $8 for a roll. Just replace it as needed.

Too bad authentic manhattans were designed by money grubbing D-bags

Andrew M

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And i have never had a clone autofire or mess up on me, it depends on the user too, i know guys with authentics that autofire or have their 510s strip out on them. Nothing is perfect

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And i have never had a clone autofire or mess up on me, it depends on the user too, i know guys with authentics that autofire or have their 510s strip out on them. Nothing is perfect
Autofire is never a good thing, Had it happen with a KTS that went into melt down and welded my spring. Had a piece of flashing on my nemmy clone arc and melted my button and cap derilin.
Shit happens, be weary when you have to rig it more than use it.

VU Sponsors