Become a Patron!

AcidRain's Cherry Vanilla Cavendish

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Here is a new keeper! Its a black cherry vanilla pipe tobacco. First attempt with this one used just the vanilla tahiti, black cherry and ecx captain. That was good, but a little flat. ECX Captain is kind of chocolately, which is why I thought it would work well with the cherry (which it does) but the Hongtashan and Dirty Neutral Base provide the missing smokiness that makes this taste like a full flavored pipe tobacoo. If you don't have these, try substituting the black fire of your choice. FA makes a Captain too, try that if you can't get ECX's version.

Cherry Vanilla Cavendish V2.0
3% FA Vanilla Tahiti
2% ECX Captain
2% FA Black Cherry
1% ECX Hongtashan
1% INW DNB

Cheers!

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whoops! Meant to put this in the recipes section- mods- feel free to move. :) Thanks!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Desert ship (captain?) and Black Fire sub version underway. The tobaccos are unfamiliar to me (I bought all the FA tobby at once as kind of a collection, haven't used much besides colombian supreme FA).

It's unfair to comment on an unsteeped mix, but this has a "every Skittle at once" kind of fruit taste freshly mixed, even though there is only black cherry... something complex is going on here. Very curious about this taste once matured. edit: 3 hours later, fruit bite is gone and is blending with the earthy stuff and taste like a pipe tobacco, yay

imo, If you like this vibe you will also like INW Cuban Cigar Absolute. Medium dark but dirty without "stinky" or smoke notes (i.e. Black Fire FA, Dark Vapure FA). Kind of simple but very authentic tasting.

edit: @acidrain23 haven't forgotten about this one, steeping. It's very sweet right now, probably from the vanilla tahiti. From a standalone mix I remember it taking more than a week for that vanilla to become robust so I'll be back. If it stays this sweet I may open my bitter wizard for the first time :p I'm also using maximum vg%

Last edited:

acidrain23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh nice, I'll hafta check out the INW flavor, sounds up my alley. Yeah, I'd give this another 48 hours to mellow. My version was tobacco dominant initially, but the cherry's been coming through now after steep. May have to play with the percetnages to your liking. Let me know how yours ends up!

VU Sponsors