Become a Patron!

Acrohm Fush Semi-Mech Mod

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Fush Semi-Mech Mod from Acrohm. The Fush Semi-Mech Mod was supplied for the purpose of this review by Nicholas from Acrohm.

https://www.acrohm.com/fush/#.XPKcwYhKjRY

Introduction

The Acrohm Fush is a Semi-Mechanical mod with futuristic light display functions which make it look as if it could appear in a future Stars Wars movie. It gives a mech style vape while having built in safety features with the light being operated by flicks of the device so a bit of wrist action required. Whatever mine or your initial thoughts are i haven't seen a device quite like this before so full marks for coming up with something a bit different and well worth a closer look!

In The Box

Contents:

Fush Semi-Mech Mod
User Manual
Warranty Card
Battery Safety Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Acrohm Fush came in strong cardboard packaging and is available in 3 colour options which is Black, Stainless Steel or White, i received the Black version. When i saw the pictures on the internet of the device i thought it looked cheap and tacky and still when looking at not only the already mentioned pictures but the pictures i have took it still gives that impression but it's one of those devices that pictures don't do it justice as in real life it's anything but cheap looking or tacky in fact both the look and feel of the device is very high quality so a big pro for that.
The main body of the device has a frosted look and outer shell is claimed to be bullet-proof poly-carbonate and it's the toughest feeling plastic i have come across although to be honest there is no way i am tackling someone waving a gun around armed with my Fush to protect me. The top and bottom sections are Stainless Steel while the main tubing is Copper but this is not on show. Between the outer tough plastic shell and Copper tubing we have a LED tube that will light up brightly when in operation. If there is anything about the build quality i am a bit dubious about it's the "FUSH" in large lettering and "ACROHM" on the reverse seem to be a finish on the outside of the plastic shell and probably will not stand the test of time (some may see this has a pro).
The device is 28mm at the base while then tapering to the main body which is 26mm, at the very top it tapers again to a 25mm 510 platform. The base is both your battery cap and your switch, the switch has the Acrohm logo carved into it and is slightly indented in from the outer rim of the base to prevent it being fired by accident. The wider base compared to the main body means it stands up very well and doesn't fall over easily, moving to the top the 510 threading is Gold plated while the 510 is both Gold plated and spring loaded. The device is reassuringly heavy which instantly confirms a main metal chassis is present underneath the outer shell, the device is very ergonomic and is fired pressing the bottom switch like the majority of mechanical tube devices.

Fush Specs and Features:

Size: 26mm x 110mm
Battery: Single 18650
Material: SS + Bulletproof PC + Copper
Resistance: 0.07 ~ 2.5ohm
Working Voltage: 3.2 ~ 4.2V
Temperature: -30 ~ 85C
Firing Speed: ≤ 0.001s
LED Colour: Blue, Green, Pink, Red, White, No light
Mod Colour: Silver, White, Black

Fitting The Battery and The Switch

The base section unscrews to allow the installation of an 18650 battery and the copper tubing has a protective plastic lining but don't use this as an excuse to risk using a battery with a rip to the wrapping. The base section also houses the switch and both the threading and exterior of the switch is Gold plated, the threading is exceptional quality and the base screws on and off very smoothly. Battery orientation is labelled inside the tube but you need good lighting to see and there is no orientation on the underside of the base section, the device does have reverse polarity protection but i still would like to see clear visual marked orientation.
The Switch it'self i can see no way of undoing but obviously by it's feel has a spring and i imagine magnets are present but the full way it operates i can't be sure of but it seem's pretty standard and has a really nice feel to it. You can also see on this section venting which is good to see and on the wall of the main device itself there is 2 Gold plated, spring loaded contacts which depress when the base is screwed in place which may well be to do with the LED operation.

Operating The Fush

The Fush is a semi-mechanical device so while their is a chip which has various safety protections, allows for the device to be turned on and off and controls the LED lighting the device doesn't have regulated wattage or voltage so it takes the power straight from the battery. To turn the Fush on or off is 5 presses of the switch and to confirm we get a little light show, i will go through how the LED light settings are operated in a later section. So to vape simply press the switch and the device fires and that's it! The device's safety protections if they kick in are indicated by 3 flashes of the LED tube, each safety feature has it's own indication colour.

Protections

High Temperature Protection
Short Circuit Protection
Overload Protection
Over-time Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection

Operating The lighting

When the device is first turned on as mentioned it is confirmed by the LED tubing cycling through the various colours. If you want to use the device without it lighting up just vape as it will always be on the LED off mode when first turned on as the device has no memory feature to remember your last setting before the device was turned off (some will see this as a pro others a con). To have the light permanently on press the switch 3 times quickly and the tube lights up, to change colour just give it a wrist action flick and it changes to the next colour, the colours are Blue, Green, Pink, Red and White. In this mode the light stays permanently on the colour you have selected and only goes off after 20 minutes of inactivity. When you have the light permanently on pressing the switch again 3 times takes you to the mode where the light only comes on when taking a vape and again giving the device a flick with the wrist cycles through the colour options.

The colour that came out Orange on my picture is just my camera it is definitely Red.

Review Continued Below:

Last edited:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

My Experience Using The Fush

Before going into how i got on with the Fush and giving my thoughts it must be said this is a love it or hate it device and i quite understand there will be many people who are not fans of having LED's on any vaping device so certainly will not like this while others won't be over keen on the large lettering on the device. Others will love this though and it does bring an element of fun to vaping, although i'm 48 luckily i haven't turned into a grumpy old man and i'm all for this type of device as the LED can simply be left off.
I love the build quality of the Fush, this is definitely a device that is built to last. The Fush i found to be a good performing device with the LED lighting just an added fun feature. The device fires with absolutely no delay and with instant ramp up, i tried it with 4 different RDA's with builds ranging from 0.13ohm to 0.24ohm and enjoyed using the device with all of them. There is initial voltage drop compared to a true mechanical device with the chip and wiring etc so those who use mechanical devices regularly will need to adjust their builds accordingly. For those who usually use fully regulated devices need to be aware that with this type of device the atomizer gets whatever voltage the battery has so as the battery's voltage drops so will the power of the vape. The switch feels very nice with a fair amount of travel, some might like a bit less travel but i found it just right for me. The device will accommodate 25mm atty's flush with the plate while 26mm will not overhang the device it'self so most RDA's etc will be ok. It's claimed the device has 96% efficiency which i have no reason to query although with it being an 18650 device battery life isn't great and obviously using the LED's makes this worse. It would be improved by accommodating a 21700 battery although the device is already a fair size so a 21700 version would be too large for many people, however i would still like to see a 21700 version released. Finally i liked using the device in all modes, LED off when in public and when at home LED on when vaping and permanently on although i feel 10 minutes would be better with this as 20 minutes is too long and a drain on the battery.

Exceptional build quality
Made from quality materials:
Bullet proof poly-carbonate (very tough anyway), Stainless Steel and Copper.
Fires instantly
Performed well with all RDA's and builds i tried
Very nice switch
Can't fault threading (silky smooth)
Device can be turned off
Can use without LED lighting
2 Modes with LED lighting:
Permanently on and just on when vaping
Innovative flick of the wrist action to change between colours
5 LED colours
Multiple protections with LED indication
25mm atty's sit flush to plate and 26mm will not overhang device itself (caters for most atty's)

Cons

LED lighting and large lettered branding (The LED lighting is either a con or pro purely subjective)
Direct Output (obvious for this type of device)
Battery life not great (hopefully a 21700 version will be released although it will be rather large)
No LED lighting memory (if you have a favourite setting you have to set it each time the device is turned on)
Would like to see clear marked orientation
When LED set to permanently on 20 minutes far too long.

I would once again like to thank Nicholas from Acrohm for supplying the Fush Semi-Mech Mod for the purpose of this review.

https://www.acrohm.com/fush/#.XPKcwYhKjRY

VU Sponsors