Become a Patron!

Ad-free VU: my ignore list

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

If you, like me, can't stand members who constantly peddle their wares and clog up the "New Post" view on Vaping Underground with ads - be it commercial outfits trying to sell stuff, or for-profit reviewers trying to push their videos, here is my ignore list in convenient clickable format.

HOW TO USE THE LIST:

Simply click each link in turn to ignore the corresponding annoying user. Sorry, there is no mass-ignore or ignore list sharing feature that I know of on VU. This is the best that I could come up with.

WHO'S ON THE IGNORE LIST:

- All listed vendors / wholesellers
- All unlisted vendors / wholesellers
- Certain reviewers who only come here to link to their Youtube videos and contribute little or nothing of value to this site
- A few individuals who push promotions and deals way too often - but really not very many

WHO ISN'T ON THE IGNORE LIST:

- People who piss me off are NOT on this list! They may annoy me, but they contribute to the site. This is only a list to filter out the folks who use the board to make money or boost their view count (which is the same thing)
- Moderators who keep pushing sales and promotions, but can't be ignored because they are moderators. Sorry...

WHAT YOU MISS IF YOU IGNORE ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS LIST:

There are a few commercial sellers who do post useful posts on this board. Those will be ignored. Sorry, I can't stand commercial messages. I'd rather miss out on these folks' useful posts than stomach their ads. If you disagree, you're free to use only parts of the list and not ignore the folks you like. This is just *my* ignore list, not necessarily yours :)

WHAT YOU GET IF YOU IGNORE ALL THE MEMBERS IN THIS LIST:

A nice, reasonably commercial-free Vaping Underground experience.

LIST UPDATES:

I will try to keep the list up to date as often as possible by editing this post.

THE CLICKABLE IGNORE LIST:

101vape
10thplanetejuice
365daymall
3avape-official
abcvape
absolute-wood
abstraktvco
albertjohn1813
aleksandr
andrea-a
angel-cigs
angorabbit_rico
apollovapes
aspenvalleyvapes
astrovapes
atouchmall
aussie-blue
ave40
b-boy%E2%84%A2
baerciggy2vape
battery-bro
bdvape
beaumontvapes-com
ben-huang-vapor
ben-k
benny-flavorman
bigcloudvaporbar
bluestar-e-liquid
bluffsbrewingco
bmillermcp
boogenshizzle
breazy_com
buybest
cacuqecig
cavan
ccvapes
ceenasty
charlesbasil
chillysteak
chris-johnson
cielgao

Continued in next post...

Last edited:

FoggyRoad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Wow! Thank you for going to all the trouble of sharing this. But now I have to think about whether or not I actually wanna use it. Gonna hafta watch this thread a bit for feedback.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow! Thank you for going to all the trouble of sharing this. But now I have to think about whether or not I actually wanna use it. Gonna hafta watch this thread a bit for feedback.

I have to agree and it sure is an extensive list for sure!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm just sharing what makes my VU experience nice. Think of it as Adblock for VU :) You're free to use it or not.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You may have inadvertently just fucked over chef and breasy along with anyone who got nailed with an unlisted vendor badge against their will.

You may not like chef or breasy but they are well known members as much if not more than they are vendors.

I'm just letting people know that they may actually like someone on this list before they blindly copy/paste it like I probably would have (if only I could block people:headbang:)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You would also be be ignoring specials... like Black Friday that is coming up. If you ignore all these vendors, you will never see those deal posts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You may have inadvertently just fucked over chef and breasy along with anyone who got nailed with an unlisted vendor badge against their will.

@5150sick how does ignoring give them an unlisted vendor badge? Curious why and how that works?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know there are plenty of good and interesting people in my ignore list. But if they ended up there, it's because they got too spammy for me at one point or another. Those two are clearly collateral damage. So be it...

But don't worry, you can't just copy/paste and apply my list: you have to click on each and every link. Plenty of opportunity to see someone you don't want to ignore and skip them.

You would also be be ignoring specials... like Black Friday that is coming up. If you ignore all these vendors, you will never see those deal posts.

I most certainly WANT to ignore specials, Black Friday and other crummy deals I don't give two shits about. That's the whole point of this list! Those who want to see them shouldn't use it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Plenty of good recipes from HIC for sure. But iirc, he sells them now. So... in the list he goes.
Yep, I'm a huge fan of HIC, but because he posts incredibly helpful info in the DIY, especially for those new to mixing, and even the vets that need a little help. He happens to sell recipes in the Unlisted section, but even that thread is mostly useful info, not pimping goods. HIC was a major help in my own journey in DIY.

Crazy Chef is also in the Unlisted, but is another that spends most of his time here helping vapers with making their own coils. Same can be said for Breazy, LiionWholesale, and several other vendors that have fallen into the list.

Granted, people can choose to ignore, or not, but I really don't see many in the list that are truly spammy. But, this is my own 2 cents as a member here, that often times needs help, or suggestions from vendors. Many of them are really quite helpful! I like that they're allowed to be, as members of VU.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Granted, people can choose to ignore, or not, but I really don't see many in the list that are truly spammy. But, this is my own 2 cents as a member here, that often times needs help, or suggestions from vendors. Many of them are really quite helpful! I like that they're allowed to be, as members of VU.

I acknowledge that and I apologize to the good folks whom, mostly, I have nothing against, who ended up in my ignore list. This is my attempt at living my life without having to read, hear or watch advertisement. I hate being sold things to the point of hysteria. Commercial messages are unavoidable enough as it is in real life, I just don't want to see more of them when I patronize my favorite vape forum. If that means ignoring folks who don't deserve to be ignored 99% of the time, then so be it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cool...great idea...for those of us who have been around long enough it is easy enough for us to weed out and keep HIC and Chef and get rid of the rest....I'll also keep real-flavor extracts-seattle.

VU Sponsors