Become a Patron!

Add on knob to easily adjust PWM pot

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recently got a Dovpo MVV not a custom mod but , uses a single turn pot like many custom PWM mods. Love the MVV problem is I have to carry a small flat head bit to adjust the pot. (Don't have long enough finger nails)
I am trying to come up with some way of permanently mounting some sort of knob or even a flat piece that fits into the groove and gives me a little bit of something to help make toolless adjustments.
Any ideas, I hate to epoxy something on the adjuster unless I am fairly certain it will do the trick, if it comes off then I am stuck with a mangled looking pot.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems to me if you get the build right in the first place....... you shouldn't need to adjust the power very often..

Gluing a button to the POT will make it more grip able.. Wont help the build though.

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should know a good build will perform over a wide range of power settings. Not uncommon to see a build hit from 30 all the way up to 80+ depending on airflow, juice, and how hard you hit it. I am sure their are much more versatile builds if that was what one wanted.
It's just a pain in the ass to always have to have a small tool to adjust, for instance I have 10 RDA's, 3 gennies, and another dozen or so tanks. Of course all have different builds. not to mention different juices can taste better with slight adjustment. I might carry 2-3 small bottles of juice and a dripper with me when going out.
Not really having trouble with new builds as only the Dovpo is new. Most of my attys already have builds that I am happy with and can test new builds on one of my digital mods.

I want easy adjustment for battery voltage drop, when outdoors I typically take bigger harder hits requiring more power than when I am riding in the car.
The problem is Not as bad when sitting at home testing and comparing builds on vw, PWM vv, mech mods. Either way needing a separate tool that engages positively to make small deliberate adjustments is a PITA.

Last edited:

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don’t see why cutting a small piece off of a credit card and gluing it into the groove in the arrow wouldn’t work.

Alternatively, you could let one nail grow out just a little bit longer, i.e. “coke nail”.

VU Sponsors