Become a Patron!

Adding distilled Water to ELiquid

Khalid90

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello

First of All I can't handle anything above 50pg, and in the same time heavy max VG e liquids irritate my
lungs. Plus I only use rda's and rta's.
I noticed that thicker E liquids tend to cause those problems and not thinner juices even if they were high in VG. So I heard something about thinning out the juices using distilled water, the question is how do I do that? Lets say I have 60ml bottle of 70vg\30pg e juice....how much DW should I add to it? Is 10ml of DW added to 60ml bottles a good amount or will it effect the flavor?

Thanks

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hello

First of All I can't handle anything above 50pg, and in the same time heavy max VG e liquids irritate my
lungs. Plus I only use rda's and rta's.
I noticed that thicker E liquids tend to cause those problems and not thinner juices even if they were high in VG. So I heard something about thinning out the juices using distilled water, the question is how do I do that? Lets say I have 60ml bottle of 70vg\30pg e juice....how much DW should I add to it? Is 10ml of DW added to 60ml bottles a good amount or will it effect the flavor?

Thanks

Adding water to any mix will affect the taste, no matter what, but it's not always bad. I vape at 30pg 70vg I was curious and made a max VG mix with 15% water once, it was about the same as what I usually like, maybe a little different. The flavor was weaker than normal, but not too noticeable. For a 30/70 umm try ~10% to a mix you know you like, see where ya stand. Just add the water into your e juice calculator, it'll tell you how much ya need. Sorry I'm not a ton of help, but I don't have a ton of experience with water in my mixes. Hope someone else can shine a little light here.

Khalid90

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put

distilled water

in the search box located on this page. Lots of fine information will come up to help you out

I actually did but I got even more confused, First of all English isn't my first language...thats why I asked a very specific question so I can get a straight answer instead of searching lots of complicated stuff.

Khalid90

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Adding water to any mix will affect the taste, no matter what, but it's not always bad. I vape at 30pg 70vg I was curious and made a max VG mix with 15% water once, it was about the same as what I usually like, maybe a little different. The flavor was weaker than normal, but not too noticeable. For a 30/70 umm try ~10% to a mix you know you like, see where ya stand. Just add the water into your e juice calculator, it'll tell you how much ya need. Sorry I'm not a ton of help, but I don't have a ton of experience with water in my mixes. Hope someone else can shine a little light here.

Thank you very much for your help, but what you mean by 10% of distilled water basically means 6ml of DW to the 60ml bottle of juice right?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Thank you very much for your help, but what you mean by 10% of distilled water basically means 6ml of DW to the 60ml bottle of juice right?

Yep, pretty much. It has to be taken into account of your mix though, otherwise it will probably mute your flavors to much. Your calculator will do your figuring if you're still confused. Good luck dude :vino:
EDIT by that I mean don't add 6mls to an already full sixty.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors