Become a Patron!

Adding wraps

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My wire arrives tomorrow. The ohms chart goes to 8 wraps. Adding a couple more wraps really isnt going to give me more vapor or flavor is it? It wud just ohm higher. Im going to start out with 8 wraps of N80. I think the Drag 2 will fire that lpenty fast enough. Wud u add more then 8 wraps of fused Claptons or wud that be overkill?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
More surface area equals more vapor, requiring more wattage or temperature but I have found with more vapor at the proper temperature that means more flavor along with bigger clouds. Just my opinion and not looking to debate. Answer any questions if you might inquire.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
More surface area equals more vapor, requiring more wattage or temperature but I have found with more vapor at the proper temperature that means more flavor along with bigger clouds. Just my opinion and not looking to debate. Answer any questions if you might inquire.
With the n90 I can get away with 10 wraps if it fits. With the N80 it might fire to slow. The N90 wont ohm but at .18 with 10 wraps though. Itll eat my battery Im afraid. But I have 3 sets of batteries so shud I just go for the 10 wraps of N90?

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
With the n90 I can get away with 10 wraps if it fits. With the N80 it might fire to slow. The N90 wont ohm but at .18 with 10 wraps though. Itll eat my battery Im afraid. But I have 3 sets of batteries so shud I just go for the 10 wraps of N90?
I thought about a 3.5mm but I dont like using them. I dont wrap well around them. I always mess up my coils. And I never noticed much vapor difference between a 3.5 and 3.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On a regulated device it won't make that much difference I don't think. Most people that use mechs like the n80 for the fast ramp up. Better than holding the fire button with kanthal

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can use whatever you want as long as you stay within the safe limits of your MOD/Batteries.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use SS316L for my my builds and use TC Mode so no problems with what I do.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Itll eat my battery Im afraid. But I have 3 sets of batteries so shud I just go for the 10 wraps of N90?

It is not the Ohms that eats the batteries it is what Wattage you are firing them at.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use 100 watts. Seems to fire claptons quickly.

I fire coils that are rated for way over 100W at 60W in TC. When you get more experience you will find Max wattage does not equal flavor or clouds it is finding the sweet spot not cranking it up to the Max.

VU Sponsors