Become a Patron!

Adjustable Airflow: Most reliable/best tank?

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi! First time poster here, so be nice :) I just bought a Innokin itaste mvp 3.0 and i was wondering what is the most reliable/best clearomizer right now? I've heard the Aspire Nautilus is good but a lot of people have leaking problems. I also hear the Aerotank Mega is decent but not the best tank in the world. I know rebuildables like the Lemo and Kayfun are good but i dont want to get into that world to be honest. If you guys could suggest a good tank that will produce a lot of flavor, has good adjustable airflow, and doesn't have a reputation for leaking, I would be very grateful. Thanks everybody!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a Nautilus mini for three months now and have not had any problems. Still on my 2nd coil, and 2nd glass, they don't bounce well.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have Nautilus, Aerotank Mega and Lemo tanks. I've never had a leak from a Nautilus. I have 3 of them and never any leaking. Good tank but the airflow could be better although it's not that bad. I like the Mega tanks a lot too, nothing wrong with them to me. The Lemo is real nice, but if you don't want to rebuild you don't want to go that route, although its easy to build on and wick. The airflow adjustment on the Lemo is its weak point, you have to take the tank off your mod and remove the bottom cap to adjust the nut that controls the airflow. A bit of a hassle if you change the airflow much. If I was buying only one of those three, it would be a Nautilus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N

Newheart301

Good buy... Silo Lite, ($15) if you want adj. airflow, full size Silo. ($35). mine don't leak, some folks say theirs do. I would rather have my Silo than all 4 Nautilus, and I have 2 of the mini's, too. Everyone likes different stuff.... I hate Kanger tanks... guess it's just me.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If youre searching for a tank with massive air flow you wont really fInd that in a standard tank...In all honesty the best aIr flow tanks i have are a kanger evod and a protank 2 mini...Both will drilled out breather holes on the base...I have the kanger v3 air flow controller for the protank 2 mini as well and it flows pretty good but not as well as 5/64 holes drilled in the base.

They arent "suck in as hard as you can and your lungs are full in 3 seconds" but its a non straining smooth lung inhale that produces way more vapor than i expected to be honest.

The only other choices are the aerotank versions of which ive not owned before but im serious on the small protank 2 mini and evod with drilled out holes..A+ in my book for vape production and flavor.

Congrats on the new mvp 3.0...i think youre gonna love that box.
Can you post up some pics of it?

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies
I have Nautilus, Aerotank Mega and Lemo tanks. I've never had a leak from a Nautilus. I have 3 of them and never any leaking. Good tank but the airflow could be better although it's not that bad. I like the Mega tanks a lot too, nothing wrong with them to me. The Lemo is real nice, but if you don't want to rebuild you don't want to go that route, although its easy to build on and wick. The airflow adjustment on the Lemo is its weak point, you have to take the tank off your mod and remove the bottom cap to adjust the nut that controls the airflow. A bit of a hassle if you change the airflow much. If I was buying only one of those three, it would be a Nautilus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats good to know. So of the Aero Mega and the Nautilus, which do you reccomend? I'm really torn between these two and think they are both good tanks. Which do you perfer?

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If youre searching for a tank with massive air flow you wont really fInd that in a standard tank...In all honesty the best aIr flow tanks i have are a kanger evod and a protank 2 mini...Both will drilled out breather holes on the base...I have the kanger v3 air flow controller for the protank 2 mini as well and it flows pretty good but not as well as 5/64 holes drilled in the base.

They arent "suck in as hard as you can and your lungs are full in 3 seconds" but its a non straining smooth lung inhale that produces way more vapor than i expected to be honest.

The only other choices are the aerotank versions of which ive not owned before but im serious on the small protank 2 mini and evod with drilled out holes..A+ in my book for vape production and flavor.

Congrats on the new mvp 3.0...i think youre gonna love that box.
Can you post up some pics of it?
Thanks! I ordered it online so ill post some when it arrives. And from what I've seen, its a great unit. Ill definitely consider those tanks. Thanks for the suggestions!

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get a sub tank mini, I just got one and it's awesome, it'll work great on your MVP 3.0 as well since the recommended max wattage for the coils is 30W. Personally I think the sweet spot is 25.5W, best flavor and dense thick vapor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Next I'll get subtank nano and atlantis
Love regular nautilus too BUT flavor is more pronounced on the mini

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another vote for the nautilus mini - and I agree, the flavor is slightly better in the mini than in the full size. Make sure, though, that you use BVC coils for the best flavor.

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Next I'll get subtank nano and atlantis
Love regular nautilus too BUT flavor is more pronounced on the mini
I've been looking at the Subtanks also. Im not 100% sure if i want to get into sub ohming because since i've been running a basic setup until now so im not sure whats for me. For sub ohm tanks do you guys reccomend the Atlantis, Subtank, Delta II, ect? Also, is 30w enough for sub ohming? I always see people run sub ohm tanks anywhere from 25w to 50w and im not sure if 30 is cutting off some leverage with those tanks. Should i stick with a regular tank or try subohming with 30w?

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Def check out the Delta 2! Its a beast! The stock coils are amazing! Hits up to 50watts with no dry hits!
I've heard nothing but great things with the Delta II. I am definitely considering it but the thing is is 30w enough for this tank? I don't like my vapes too hot so i dont need 50w or anything but i heard the sweetspot for it is around 35w. is that true? What do you run it on?

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another vote for the nautilus mini - and I agree, the flavor is slightly better in the mini than in the full size. Make sure, though, that you use BVC coils for the best flavor.
This is what i'm leaning toward at the moment. I hear the naut mini with bvc coil is amazing!

MirkoGradski

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a nautilus and a nautilus mini. Although I love the size of the nautilus, I have had some issues with it leaking every now and then. I close off the air holes when I'm putting the bottom cap back on to keep it air tight and it still happens every now and then. My mini on the other hand works like a charm. The air holes are snappy and always sit in place. Never had any leaking issues with this one, and the bvc coils always deliver amazing flavor. I usually vape it on the 2nd smallest air hole, so i get nice mouth to lung hits, but on the largest air hole setting it tends to burn through juice faster. Although you will get some clouds on that setting depending on what your wattage is set at. Id recommend the mini over the regular.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had 2 Nautilus Minis for over two months, no leaking problems, and use them every day on the road and at work with 1.6 ohm BVC coils. My primary home Atty is a Yiloong Fogger V6.0 (but it's currently down right now with a broken post) but I'm using my Nautilus Mini until I get it fixed. I use a Kanger ipow 2 for car and work and an iPV Mini 30 at home.

Namazzip

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good buy... Silo Lite, ($15) if you want adj. airflow, full size Silo. ($35). mine don't leak, some folks say theirs do. I would rather have my Silo than all 4 Nautilus, and I have 2 of the mini's, too. Everyone likes different stuff.... I hate Kanger tanks... guess it's just me.
I hear the Silo is like a Nautilus on steroids. It has more airflow and now it comes with the BVC coils. I've done a lot of research on all of my options including sub-ohming and everything, but i think im going to go with the Beyond Vape Silo! Thanks for the suggestion man, from everything i've seen this tank kicks ass.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would highly encourage you to check out the Aerotank V2 or the Subtank Nano. Both are high quality and affordable. You can get them for as low as $25 and they will last a long time. The Aerotank V2 takes both the older and upgraded Kanger atomizer heads while the Nano can do either 1.2 or 0.5 ohms, stick with the 1.2 ohms and you'll be fine, since you mentioned you don't want to sub ohm. The flavor is very good and both have abundant airflow. They are easy to clean and maintain, light and portable. A good choice when you want to strike a balance between quality and price. All the best.

VU Sponsors