Become a Patron!

Advanced Settings On Some Box Mods

rain6460

Member For 4 Years
Hello Everyone,

Been vaping a few years now. Started with a little contraption I purchased at a 7-11, and am now using a Kbox 120 with a Cloud Beast tank. I use the V8-Q4 .15ohm resistance coils and a tobacco juice (Western Honey 6mg) I get from Swagg Sauce...and I love it!!!

I'm not having any issues with the Kbox, but I'm also interested in the Vaporesso Revenger mod. They are coming out with an updated Revenger called Revenger X, supposedly available by the end of month. What I'd like to know more about, are some of the more advanced settings I always hear the reviewers referring to on YouTube. I'm strictly a "wattage-guy" and do not dabble at all with temp control. Why? Because I don't really understand how to use it. And frankly, I'm just fine setting my mod at 100 watts and bathing in my sweet lucious clouds! :)

I would however like to understand more about some of the other settings/terms like "ramp up time" and "Soft-Normal, Hard" and here's my favorite mod description quote: "Customized Curve of Wattage (CCW). In CCW mode, users are able to customize wattage output second to second and ramp up control every half second."

OMG! what does all that mean?

I really don't want to burden anyone with trying explaining all this stuff to me here. I would be quite happy if someone could point me towards an online source where I could educate myself and learn more about these settings and how to apply them to my vaping. Thanks for your time.

Jeff
PS. What I really like about my Kbox that's not as good on a few other mods I've tried, is when I hit the fire button my throat is immediately ravaged with the warm sweet flavor of my juice...Is this what ramp-up time is all about?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ramp time is the time it takes the coil to heat up and cool down.... in you mod that's controled by increasing decreasing wattage or changing in coil...... some mods can apply more or less power at different times during the hit.

It's mostly electronic toys..... although it is nice to really fine tune a vape to just the way you want it.

I use a eleaf pico..... but have replace original software with Arcticfox. Thus allows for those fancy adjustments.
I have a power profile I like that sounds like what you describe. . Starts out at abut 75% of set wattage then ramps up to 150% then slides back down to 90% over a 3 second draw. Closest feel I have come to cubustion type hit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

rain6460

Member For 4 Years
Ramp time is the time it takes the coil to heat up and cool down.... in you mod that's controled by increasing decreasing wattage or changing in coil...... some mods can apply more or less power at different times during the hit.

It's mostly electronic toys..... although it is nice to really fine tune a vape to just the way you want it.

I use a eleaf pico..... but have replace original software with Arcticfox. Thus allows for those fancy adjustments.
I have a power profile I like that sounds like what you describe. . Starts out at abut 75% of set wattage then ramps up to 150% then slides back down to 90% over a 3 second draw. Closest feel I have come to cubustion type hit.

Thanks for your reply! I really would love to have a well rounded education about the finer points of vaping and better understand mod settings and how to apply them based on a given setup. Does anyone out there know of a place I might find most of this info broken down for folks like me that want to learn more? Thanks again:) Jeff

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your reply! I really would love to have a well rounded education about the finer points of vaping and better understand mod settings and how to apply them based on a given setup. Does anyone out there know of a place I might find most of this info broken down for folks like me that want to learn more? Thanks again:) Jeff
the only way I know to learn this stuff. Is reading these forums and getting a couple roll of wire making coils.... I started with 2 rolls of wire a steam-engine.org. ... found the forums later.

VU Sponsors