Become a Patron!

Advantages to higher wattage?

jjhabe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received an Eleaf istick 30w as a gift from a friend who wanted me to quit cigarettes. I've been really happy with it, but I've been reading a lot about higher wattages making fuller flavors, and would like to know what you all think. Thanks in advance for the info! Also, I prefer more flavor rather than cloud. Any suggestions there?

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with it. With the higher wattages I do get more flavor. I am using the triton but I do not use full airflow of the tank. I close off the drip tip portion. I get both both good clouds and good flavor. What I was told is more air to the coil + higher wattages = more clouds where as a little less air + higher wattages equals more flavor. I have found a happy medium using the .2 and .3 ohm coils with 40watts and standard airflow of the subohm tanks such as the starre, triton, matrix and the zephrus (that one i have at .4ohm) I get nice big clouds (not comp quality big but satisfyingly big) and great flavor.

parmacrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The key to getting what you want is actually a combination. You need to go with higher wattages and lower ohm coils. Using something like a .25ohm dual coil on 50-70 watts would be ideal. Since you can only go to 30 watts I would suggest a dual coil at .5 ohms. I think that will give you great flavor and still give decent clouds. Depending on your atty/tank/rda, you might even need to close down your air flow a bit to achieve the best flavor.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use my IStick 30w with a Kanger Subtank Nano with the .5 coils. Flavor and vapor are fantastic. Im vaping at only 18w. Sometimes it just the right tank and coil that makes it a great vape. But more power gives you more options.

VU Sponsors