Become a Patron!

Advice for a new coil builder

I am a new to building coils and have never done it before.
I am familiar with how the wrapping works, all the tools that I need and the actual process of the building of the coil.

I have a regulated mod. Battlestar smoant. Single battery. 18650 3.7 volt 3,000mah

My question is what ohms should the coil be at for my set up being a regulated mod how many wraps etc

I just want to be safe in ohms for my battery and for it not to blow up or something like that.
I know regulated mods are safe but just want to be more on the safe end and some advice on how someone who builds there coils on a regulated mod could tell me how it needs to be done

Id like to do a dual coil build, what tanks would you guys recommend i get in the RDA world to get started
Thanks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You can build as low as the mod will fire. The reality is the lower you build the more its going to drink that battery. .23-.30 has always been my sweet spot on single battery regulated/semi regulated mods when I am trying to get maximum run time. What is the battery in play here?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am a new to building coils and have never done it before.
I am familiar with how the wrapping works, all the tools that I need and the actual process of the building of the coil.

I have a regulated mod. Battlestar smoant. Single battery. 18650 3.7 volt 3,000mah

My question is what ohms should the coil be at for my set up being a regulated mod how many wraps etc

I just want to be safe in ohms for my battery and for it not to blow up or something like that.
I know regulated mods are safe but just want to be more on the safe end and some advice on how someone who builds there coils on a regulated mod could tell me how it needs to be done

Id like to do a dual coil build, what tanks would you guys recommend i get in the RDA world to get started
Thanks
First, I like to use https://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html, in order to find out, how many wraps I would need to reach a certain resistance of my build.
Second, the build with a regulated mod depends on it's specifications, and how you like your vape. For a hotter vape, you'd use a lower resistance of the coil(s), and higher Wattage, and vice versa. Another thing to keep in mind when building, is the battery life. In general, higher Wattage drains the battery faster.
Third, there's a difference between RDA, and RTA. The RDA, is a Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer, where you have to drip your eJuice into the atomizer. The RTA, is a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, which has a build deck for your coil(s), and a tank, holding your eJuice.
I haven't kept up with new Atomizer's lately. However, you can watch reviews of them on YouTube. Just do a search on YouTube for the atomizer you're interested in, and watch several videos of it. Most of the time, they also show a build.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
As stated, http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html will help you test build a virtual coil before you actually wrap on.
Also when starting out, use enough with for 1 coil at a time. When you get more comfortable you can use wire to make 2 coils at a time. The shorter the wire you use, the less vibration occurs.

VU Sponsors