Become a Patron!

Advice in purchasing new batteries

Amish

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, there.

Before actually buying something, i wanted to hear experienced vapers opinion. I'm interested in Sony VTC5's. The thing i'm interested in is - are they 30A or 20A, because i get both answers searching over the internet.

I'm using SMOK's H-priv mod and i want to use vtc5's in it. 2600mah and 30A sounds so good and i want to be sure that i wont risk using vtc5's at 100-150w.

If you could help me with my choice, i would be very thankful. Thank you in advance.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
forget sony, go LG and samsung.

Liionwhole, 101vape, illum supply

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch - tests and ratings

image-jpg.29616

Freejep

Member For 4 Years
Can't comment on Sony or LGS...as have ONLY ever used 25Rs...got ten on the go at the mo...not thrown one away yet...the oldest pair I've had 18 months...started on 80w... now used for last 9 months in my all day 350w setup and my occasional 650w and 1200w setups without issues....if it ain't broke don't fix it....

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
for a regulated device
25rs
lg hg2s the brown ones
lg he4s the yellow ones

hg2s are my favorite cuz they have 500 more mah then the other 2

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LG HD4 25amp 2100mAH 18650s are better than 23amp VTC4s and I also don't understand why the 20amp VTC5s are so popular. Whatever. LG takes over with 25amp or greater cells this summer. Sony's been beaten by the 30amp HB4s that don't drop off ever.

NickyGiaccone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The batteries are only 5 bucks each, mAH isn't everything. Many different reasons for choosing batteries.

Amish

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for a regulated device
25rs
lg hg2s the brown ones
lg he4s the yellow ones

hg2s are my favorite cuz they have 500 more mah then the other 2

Thank you for your replies and suggestions!
Also, arent lg hg2's 20A?
Even in regulated device, isnt it dangerous to put~150w on them, using approx 0.1 - 0.2 ohm coils?
Thank you!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Even in regulated device, isnt it dangerous to put~150w on them, using approx 0.1 - 0.2 ohm coils?
No. Use quality 20 amp cells and you're fine. Build resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod.

Amish

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No. Use quality 20 amp cells and you're fine. Build resistance has nothing to do with battery current when using a variable wattage mod.
Thank you. Id a research earlier today also and found Mooch's arricle about batteries in regulated mods and that answered my big question. Strange that i missed it earlier.

Thanks again!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, there.

Before actually buying something, i wanted to hear experienced vapers opinion. I'm interested in Sony VTC5's. The thing i'm interested in is - are they 30A or 20A, because i get both answers searching over the internet.

I'm using SMOK's H-priv mod and i want to use vtc5's in it. 2600mah and 30A sounds so good and i want to be sure that i wont risk using vtc5's at 100-150w.

If you could help me with my choice, i would be very thankful. Thank you in advance.

Id skip the VTC's because its harder (over priced also) to get them and get some LG 30amp cells.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
To answer your original question the VTC5 is 20A. They're 30A if you have a battery temperature cutoff circuit because running them at 30A means they will get too hot, but you DO NOT have a temperature cutoff circuit in any vape device I know of, so they're 20A. But that's where the 30A myth comes from.

Also, this post seems relevant: http://liionwholesale.com/blogs/rev...date-best-battery-substitutes-for-sony-18650s

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For the sigelei I ran vtc 4,them on the cheap cheap sub 6 bucks a battery.
Got a couple pairs of 25rs also.
G2 got brand new HE4s. Seems to love them HE4s over the 25rs., so it only gets fed the yellow ones. G2 is my home device now.
The Rx got 2 sets of HD2C. My out and about rig.

VU Sponsors