Become a Patron!

Advice needed please...

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got a big fat Nautilus tank and still have it on a skinny little kanger evod battery and feel a little Harry Potter-ish lol. I would like something that goes with tank either fatter or a box. Any ideas please? I definitely don't wanna spend a lot of money so maybe under $30 but not much more.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sounds like you should consider the Istick.

VW, 20 watt mod for less than $30 if you find a good deal.

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would suggest an iStick as well. It is pretty much the only little box mod that you can get for that kind of price with the range and power it has. The BVC coils in a Nautilus seem to really perform well at higher wattage, and the iStick obliges.

Keep in mind though that the full size nautilus is 22mm(ish), and it will have some minor overhang on top of an istick which is 21mm. Still, not as silly as the magic wand ;)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife doesnt like the box mods because of the size, so I ordered her an Istick. She loves it and will probly get her another one

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very cool! I hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying mine. Be aware though, there are a few reports of the threading being a little off and the pin as well (like the MVPv2 issue). Just don't over-tighten your clearomizer - they don't need to be torqued down hard :)

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the heads up. I have been using a cheap evod battery and have had issues with that not lining up with charging pin with a lot of coils in Nautilus

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the iStick's pin isn't spring loaded which I think is why some people are having issues. Same thing happened with the MVP. I haven't had troubles with mine, but I'm careful and only screw the nauti down until it starts reading the ohms on the iStick display, and then an extra twist to secure it. People have been screwing them down hard all the way and jacking up the pin on the iStick somehow. Just something to be aware of.

I never used an evod battery, but I'm getting a vision spinner for a backup, which is fairly similar I'm sure :)

tampametal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So sound like when it's starting to feel tight leave it alone hehe thanks.

I'm thinking about making my own juices cause my taste buds are so shit from smoking/sinus issues most juices don't have much flavor. Even a real sweet juice like space jam tastes weak too me or plain like cardboard kinda

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I've experienced similar issues. But I drink a ton of coffee which tends to clear the palette - but I notice the flavor drop when I'm not sucking down caffeine by the gallon. The iStick will give you a far better range of wattage/voltage settings than an Evod battery though - I've found higher wattages bring out all kinds of great flavor. BVC coils in Nautilus can handle higher settings too, which is great. You might burn up coils and juice faster though, with the higher power. Try out some higher wattage when you get it and see if that helps with your flavors.

DIY is interesting to me too, but I'm mostly into the idea because it's super cheap and obviously completely customizable. But, I'm leery about spending a bunch more to get enough DIY gear to get started, right after spending a bunch just getting some batteries and clearomizers and coils to get into vaping on something more than a cigalike.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two things that might help

First if you are using a Nautilus on a device with ego threading, make sure to use the plinth (it covers the ego threads.) Once you have the tank where it is making contact screw the plinth out to hold the tank secure. This way you dont have to tighten it down onto the pin, it is the plinth that is tight.

There is a GREAT DIY section on this forum, with many clone recipes. I will say that just like getting into vaping it is alittle more costly up front to buy supplies and flavorings. That being said here is my experience as far as cost. My wife love Castle Long by 5 Pawns but a 30 ml bottle is 27.50 which is a little pricey for me. I looked around and found the recipe here and ordered everything to make my own. The DIY is slightly different because I currently do not steep it in an oak barrel, but is very close and the wife loves it. My cost for 30 ml DIY is $1.98 for a strong recipe at 6mg nic.

Hope this helps.

VU Sponsors