Become a Patron!

Advice on avoiding juices/flavors that shorten coil life

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems like all the juice flavors I like, tend to shorten coil life a fair amount. I like black cherry, strawberry and apple (particularly muffin man) type juices. As I understand it, sugary flavors shorten coil life........ most of the time/all of the time? For what it's worth, I can hardly get thru 30mls before having trouble and this is with various tanks.

Trouble is, when I look at the flavor categories listed by one particular retailer, most everything seems to be sugary in nature. Cereals, fruit, chocolate, custards and creams, bakery and dessert are prominent sugar type flavors. The leftover categories are menthol (don't care for it), coffee and tea (sounds boring to me) and tobacco (which doesn't excite me). I guess I'm just not sure where to even begin in trying to choose flavors that aren't going to greatly shorten coil life.

At some point it would be a dream for me to actually roll thru 100mls of juice without trouble. Is that possible or am I just dreaming. it's always hard to tell how long things should last because most folks don't give a proper frame of reference with respect to juice consumption.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Based on my limited experience, 100ml through a coil I'd wishful thinking at best

levander

Member For 4 Years
Organic flavors definitely shorten coil life. There's just more gunk is juice extracted from real food than these synthetic flavors. Back when the Protank II was the rage in vaping, everyone else was getting like 2 weeks out of their coils. But I was getting two days. And I never knew why. Like a year later, I learned about organic juices being hard on coils. And that was all I was vaping at the time through a vendor named VapeRite.

Back then, everyone was vaping at like 11 watts. The higher wattages/lower resistances everyone is vaping at these days puts more juice through the coils and so is harder on the coils too.

VU Sponsors