Become a Patron!

Advice on buying cloud chasing build

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont necessarily want to build as of right now.Im fairly new 2 vaping and havent familiarized myself with ohms law etc..i currently own an ijust2 and a Cfiber 100w tube mods.i should of done my research b4 buying them,as i didnt know the batteries crap out after awhile and cant be replaced.Im looking 2 purchase a simple cloud chasing build around the $100 mark.Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.i like vapor production as well as flavor.im looking 4 something that gives both but with thick clouds. My ijust 2 puts out decent vapor but its very dense.im using a 70/30 blend

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tagging builders to help you out with coils, so they can reply to you. @scarecrowjenkins, @BUDKISS @raymo2u @CrazyChef

Types of mods to use, everyone can help you with. I'm a mouth to lung vaper at low watts, so I won't be of help. I just know people, LOL.

Tagging @Jon@LiionWholesale to help out with batteries because he's awesome and sells great stuff.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
For $100 or less aJoytech Cuboid and a Geekvape Griffin would fit in there with money left over for wire/wick and batteries...I recommend Samsung 25R's, LG HE2's or HE4's, LG HB2's and LG HB's for your batteries and not much else...

iM So VapeD

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For $100 or less aJoytech Cuboid and a Geekvape Griffin would fit in there with money left over for wire/wick and batteries...I recommend Samsung 25R's, LG HE2's or HE4's, LG HB2's and LG HB's for your batteries and not much else...
So they dont have a purchasble kit?Like fresh out the box with all parts?

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What @raymo2u said is very good advice. He's our resident tank expert! :D
As far as flavor/cloud builds, my "go-to" builds are aliens and framed staple builds. Fused Claptons are much simpler, but you get a lot of bang for your buck from them.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're looking for a tank you don't have to build? I gathered that from not knowing ohms law yet..the Griffin and similar RTA's require you building them, know about ohms law and how it relates to resistance..and batt safey..
Anyway a good tank that uses prebuilt coil heads that blows decent clouds is the Smok TFV4... or the Crown subtank..Cuboid or RX200 mods would be a fine choice too...good luck

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just based on a different thread, I was under the impression that he wanted to purchase built coils. Maybe I misunderstood that part.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you're looking for a tank/box setup i would go with something like a Smok TFV4 and a Fuchai or RX200. That tank has such a wide range of coil options-far more than any tank i've seen. And both of those boxes push enough wattage to run any tank or dripper. If you look carefully you should be able to make it all fit in that $100 bill :p

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nope I was mistaken, he wants premade things...I read $100 cloud setup and started thinking...He could obviously buy premade coils though and learn to rewick them (That will last months over a 2 week at best coilhead)...But TFV4 if needing prebuilt coils or a Herakles Plus...Cuboid/RX200

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you goal is cloudchasing for sure go with the TFV4. Simply put, no premade coil can match a well made coil like you see in the coils area of this forum. The TFV4 has by far the best RBA decks out there for tanks that work on premade coils. So play with those while you enjoy the premade coils, get familiar with that stuff. The tank will last you a while and once you are interested in going bigger you can grab either an RDA or a tank like the Griffin. That's the exact path I made, or well close. I had the Atlantis for a long while before that and I'd fiddle with rebuilding those coils (usually not very successfully). TFV4, Herekles Plus, Crown, Rafalle, and I'm probably missing one or two but those are the top dogs of the premade coil tank options.

Also the RX200 is worth the increase in cost if you're thinking about the potential future. The Cuboid has a big limitation on a 25amp output that will prevent you from really cranking up wattage.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last I noticed VapeNW had the Wismec RX200 for $45...could be a few bucks even cheaper.. I own two and both came from VapeNW... Best money I've spent on mods in a long time..they're great !!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The one thing to add as it may help out. Don't forget that for a good mod you need good batteries. And then you also need a charger. Batteries are $5-7 each, and a charger is likely going to be around $20 for a good one (Efect Luc series are solid). Buying 2 sets of batteries is a good idea but not required. So you're looking at $30+ tacked on to the tank/mod purchase right there. It's something I know I take for granted a lot as I already have a charger and batteries so it's not a concern, but for your first real mod it's a good chunk of change.

VU Sponsors