Become a Patron!

Advice on next upgrade

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to thank everyone in advance. Vaping has been my gateway off of cigs. Surely a few hiccups and learning not all brick'n'motor shops are created equal. All of which I don't mind the mistakes in a 12 dollar bottle of ejuice (for which will be my next diy project), but I don't want $100 dollar mistake in an upgrade.

I know that this isn't a new question, but from what I have been reading/reviewing every company is changing their devices every 6 months. So the question is: what mod and tank should I upgrade to? Right now I have been using a visonspinner with an aspire Natualus mini (which turned out to be a good start). Normally rock 70vg30pg or 80/20.

General details. I don't care about blowing big clouds. I do care about high flavor and that is what I am seeking for my next upgrade. Whatever I upgrade to I want it to last a long long time. I'm not interested in building my own coils at the moment but may want to in 4-6 months from now. Don't care about sub ohm or not...only flavor and longevity of the coils.

I have been thinking about next version of the aspire Odyssey kit with the Version 2 triton tank (shipping late in October and should fix the flood/gurgle/leak issues), mvp pro 3, a sigelei 75w( or more), evic 60w 5000mah. I have also thought about the unwell crown tanks but not sure because I like the aspire coils based on the experience I have received so far (which has been flawless). But then I have also seen some good reviews on the vaper shark dna mods.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have watched a lot of YouTube videos and asked the brick and motor shops and much seem to be lopsided to giving positive reviews to free stuff and or "in stock"/profit margin. Neither of which I blame.

NIMBUS MAXIMUS

Member For 4 Years
So many options, but you're definitely on the right track and seem very informed. In fact, I think you may have answered your own question with the Triton. I've had a chance to to try a Triton with an Atlanltis coil (and you already like those) and thought it was a great tank! Flavor was freaking awesome.

V2 Triton, or even the current model, with any of the mods you mentioned would, in my opinion, be fantastic! Don't forget the istick 100, it gets fantastic reviews and is ultra affordable.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have three Isticks and love them. Great battery life and super affordable. Can't speak about tanks as I just moved up to the Nautilus from carto tanks (I'm a late bloomer )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
FYI, the Sigelei 75W TC, is as heavy, as either of my 3 dual 18650 mods. In addition, sporadically, it won't fire, when you push the button. I did read of some people experiencing the same issue. I can live with it though. I also have the evic vtc mini, upgraded to 75W. It's a nice little device for the road. As with any similar single 18650 devices, the battery doesn't last long, when you're pushing 35-37.5W, or 490F @ 49 Joule. Therefore, I usually have a spare battery with me, besides the USB cable for charging. However, some of my tanks, kind of wobble slightly on the mod, again, I can live with that too. Once in a while, in order to avoid the wobble, I tighten the connection too much, and it won't recognize the tank, thus not firing. Needed to unscrew the tank and screw it back in, without over tightening, in order to work. Again, I can live with that :).

Last edited:

VU Sponsors