Become a Patron!

Advice on Safer Ingredients TFA/TPA or FA

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just want to ask if which id more safer to use TFA/TPA or FA ? Im out with smoking so im hoping if vaping could help me with respiratory problems. Hoping for advice Thank you.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I had respiratory problems. I wouldn't vape or smoke at all. If I still need the nic. I'd switch to Swedish Snus. Just saying.

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mean i had bronchitis a few months ago and feel beter now but i jst want to try vaping for less harmfull chemicals .
And im not starving for nicotine if that makes sense. :)

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Honestly we don't know how safe inhaling flavors really are. It will take a long time to actually know. Personally I vape from any company I can find. In nearly 7 years of vaping. I still feel pretty good. I've vaped probably thousands of flavors too. I've had reactions on flavors. I've had reactions on nicotine bases. If I don't feel right, I move on to something else. I just listen to my body. That's all we can do at this time. :)

water soluble

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly we don't know how safe inhaling flavors really are. It will take a long time to actually know. Personally I vape from any company I can find. In nearly 7 years of vaping. I still feel pretty good. I've vaped probably thousands of flavors too. I've had reactions on flavors. I've had reactions on nicotine bases. If I don't feel right, I move on to something else. I just listen to my body. That's all we can do at this time. :)
Ah okay thank you.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
well they are pretty much all "safe" but avoid menthol flavors. They are a bit more irritating to the lung. Use higher VG to PG ratios, PG is more irritating than VG so the more VG the smoother the vape. Use the "low" end for nicotine. Like if you smoke a pack a day, and the vape shop recommends 12mg to 18mg, use the 12mg. Less nicotine is less harsh.
No matter what flavor you use, it is by FAR safer than smoking. Flavors get absorbed into the lung tissue and sent to the blood stream and eventually (usually within an hour or 2) sent out via the kidneys. (a #1). Most of all, all the ingredients of ejuice work the same way. Unlike tar, which can't be absorbed, both flavor, nicotine, pg and vg get fully absorbed within a few hours.
Use a mouth to lung set up. Start at low power setting and work up to where you are happy. Remember, more power needs more airflow as well. (airflow also cools the coil and helps prevent burning the wicking material)

AND drink lots of water. Keeping well hydrated will mean less coughing.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've heard that most, if not all, of FA's flavors are diketone-free. TPA/TFA, on their own website, gives the ingredients for each of their flavors, whether or not they have any of the diketones, and even other chemicals that might be problematic for some -- I have asthma, so it was nice to find that they actually identify their Double Chocolate Dark as containing sulfites, which are very bad news for asthmatics.

It's true that none of these "GRAS" flavors are known to be 100% safe for inhalation, and what are safe for most, may not be safe for everyone -- like those sulfites. I guess the main thing is, try some flavors, see how you react to them. Any that cause you problems, stop using. And keep in mind that ALL of them are safer than purposely inhaling thousands of toxic chemicals, many of them carcinogenic, over and over and over all day long -- the way we did with smoking. Even those which DO contain diketones contain far less than even one cigarette.

Vaping is Harm Reduction, not Harm Elimination. If it keeps you from smoking, then it's doing its job.

Andria

VU Sponsors