Become a Patron!

Advice please

Hi
I'm new here
I have the following two bottles:-

A. 18mg Nicotine in VG 10ml
B. 5ml flavoured 70/30 VG/PG liquid 0% nicotine

Can you please advise me how much of the nicotine liquid I should add to the 5ml flavour to get a 3mg nicotine strength ?

Thank you
Marnie

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this from a new "Vape 101" textbook? :D
The math is simple once you see it, but given the variables... you couldn't construct a more perfect test question. :p

Marnie... welcome and I hope you get a chuckle when you see the answer. :)

Thanks, I think. But imagine I'm a total utter dumb ass with no idea how to use a simple calculator. Got the picture? Good. Now please please can someone tell me the answer to my question because I don't want to become a vape making maestro, I just mistakenly bought about 15 bottles of weird vape flavours with a zero % nicotine content in 5ml bottles and want to make them 3% nic. each. I have tried the calculators but they dont make sense to me. Thanks for your patience

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I think. But imagine I'm a total utter dumb ass with no idea how to use a simple calculator. Got the picture? Good. Now please please can someone tell me the answer to my question because I don't want to become a vape making maestro, I just mistakenly bought about 15 bottles of weird vape flavours with a zero % nicotine content in 5ml bottles and want to make them 3% nic. each. I have tried the calculators but they dont make sense to me. Thanks for your patience

I was afraid you might take that the wrong way, despite my trying to make it very clear I meant it quite the opposite.
Nothing wrong with confusion on first learning a new topic.
I sill have hopes you'll chuckle "when the penny drops". ;)

One issue may be that we use a shorthand and don't usually write out the full "label".
Our usual nic is in Mg/Ml. That's milligrams of nicotine per milliliter of solution.

Your nic solution has 18 mg of nicotine in each milliliter.
If you want 3 mg/ml in the finished juice... about how many total ml of nicotine will you want?

That would be 15 mg for your 5 ml bottle. Pretty close to 1 ml of your 18 mg nic solution.
But wait... if you add 1 ml of the nic to the 5 ml of 0 nic juice, that's 6 ml total. :eek:

The "joke" was that the norm with these questions involve decimals and concerns about fractional dilution from the original strength, etc., and usually a pen and paper. That's why juice calculators are so popular.

No such problems with your example. It was just perfect integer math. :)

eta: I just noticed you mistakenly used "3%" in your post (I hope that's a mistake).
100% is 1000 mg/ml, so 3% is actually 30 mg/ml.
Different usage conventions between US and EU etc., easy to mistakenly mix and match. ;)

Last edited:
Great. Thanks for the help ☺️. I wasn't pissed off just frustrated. It's so confusing. Yeah I meant 0.3
Cheers again

VU Sponsors