Become a Patron!

Advice please

I have a kensei RTA on g priv 2 using 2 Samsung 25 r battery's I have a 0.12 ohm build when I fire at 75 watts its showing 24 amps is this to high would greatly appreciate all advice thanks

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have a kensei RTA on g priv 2 using 2 Samsung 25 r battery's I have a 0.12 ohm build when I fire at 75 watts its showing 24 amps is this to high would greatly appreciate all advice thanks
Keeping in mind, no set up is 100% "safe" and there is a risk involved in any build...

From http://vaping360.com/are-regulated-mods-as-safe-as-we-think/
eCig One’s impressive work in documenting e-cigarette catastrophes shows that battery venting and failures are really quite rare. Their first documented one was in 2009, and in the eight years since then there have only been 243 confirmed incidents worldwide. This is about 30 a year. It might sound like a lot, but remember that there are millions of vapers around the world. The numbers we’re talking about are tiny when put into context.

So with a regulated mods built in safety features, the very low incident rate of these features ever failing, the max amp draw, the wattage limits of the mod AND the fact that your 0.12 ohm resistance has nothing to do with the way a regulated mod sends power to the coils.. (regulated mods are based on wattage), over heating protection, amp draw cap via chipset 1st controller, and that you are not using cheap unknown batteries... you are probably more likely to get hit by a bus crossing the street than have a problem with your mod. OR

According to the NWS Storm Data, over the last 30 years (1987-2016) the U.S. has averaged 47 reported lightning fatalities per year. Only about 10% of people who are struck by lightning are killed, leaving 90% with various degrees of disability.

You are more likely to be killed by a lightning strike than have your mod explode.

Now that said... Samsung 25r batteries have been tested up to 30A before exceeding the 100C limit Mooch caps his tests at for safety reasons. (25r reached 101C) so at up to 29A... heat yes.. vent no. *specific only to Samsung 25R battery.. other batteries showed different results specific only to those batteries.* Remember also, this test was for a constant discharge from full to empty, and the only way to reproduce this in a regulated mod is if the fire timer failed or if the batteries were damaged and shorted inside the mod. (And since you are supposed to inspect your batteries after charging... that would fall more into the "DUH!" catagory)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

This is the output information you are seeing and bears no relationship to amp draw on the batteries themselves the resistance plays no part in working out amp draw for regulated devices

You are drawing close to 14 Amps at 75 watts and are perfectly fine

It’s when building on mechs you need to worry about the resistance ....if you ever want to do that come back and ask lots of questions first :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks for speedy replys I can now vape without the worry I'm stressing the battery's :)

If you start vaping over 110w on that mod then get some better batteries :) below that you will be fine

Good to know that thanks, I usually vape between 70 - 90 watts max, what would you say are the best 18650s battery's to have safety wise for higher wattages

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Good to know that thanks, I usually vape between 70 - 90 watts max, what would you say are the best 18650s battery's to have safety wise for higher wattages

Sony VTC5A is one of if not the best all rounder out there that’ll see you vaping up to 150w without much bother

you can go for cells that have a 30CDR but you sacrifice so much capacity doing so it’s just not worth it IMO

At the wattage your vaping at now also take a peek at the Samsung 30Q or Sony VTC6 both offer great performance and have higher capacity that those 25Rs

VU Sponsors