Advice with a Juul

Discussion in 'Cigalikes - Stick Batteries, Proprietary Systems' started by workoutcrate, Dec 27, 2016.

?

Wouldn't it be a lot more convenient and useful to have a thin case for the juul that holds a extra

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. workoutcrate

workoutcrate New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey I just got into using a Juul, switched from a box mod vape to a juul a few days ago. I find it inconvenient to plug it in the wall for it to charge while sticking out and then have to hold the pods in my pocket or in a bag. Wouldn't it be a lot more convenient and useful to have a thin case for the juul that holds a extra pod and charges it a couple times?

Vape Central Group likes this.
  2. nizzaaii

nizzaaii New Member

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree. They are so easy to lose. I've probably had to buy at LEAST 30 new sticks because I'm either losing them or they just stop working all of a sudden.

Was a smoker for 10+ years and was never able to quit until this technology. I notice a couple of recurring problems with this, a big one being that some brand new sticks hit differently. Also, I've found that sticks will eventually lose their strength (in terms of powerful hits) and they also just stop turning on/charging all together. Juul claims to have a decent return policy, but I'm not sure if people are actually taking advantage of that given how often a stick can have problems.

Also, due to many Pod droughts over the past few months (every store in NYC is sold out), I've had to pay almost double the cost through shady eBay dealers. On one shipment of pods, I noticed that the taste was very off - almost as if it was rotten. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, just that it wasn't right. Was very confused by that occurrence.

Right now my main concern is local availability and figuring out how to prolong the sticks lifespan.

Things that have worked for me:

1. Using a dry toothbrush to scrub the charging connectors on the stick. You will notice over time that wear and tear makes the four gold holes black. This in turn will affect how it charges, if very dirty, the stick won't charge at all. Dirty charges also make a mess of the actual charger. I have read that a magnetic screwdriver works for the charger, but I vigorously scrub the charger with a toothbrush as well.

2. If using old pods without leak pads, blow in to the pod BEFORE sticking it in to the Juul. Blowing air into the pod will wash away any residual liquid. Blowing air into the pod has helped IMMENSELY with leakage.

3. For more advanced users, check out this cool hack. In the video, the guy shows you how to take apart the pod (could also be used to refill the juice though i have never done that) and cut part of the plastic for a wildly improved throat hit and maximum flavor - i've tried this and it really really works.

Finally, does any one have any more cleaning advice? Or advice on how to prolong the life span of the sticks and/or increase the throat hit and flavor?

Piece of advice,

3. Treert

Treert New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have a question have any of yours ever stop working
    Cuz i just fixed mine

4. eSMOKA

eSMOKA Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Email PAX Labs and tell them you want to make/sell a slim PCC (Personal Charging Case) for the Juul. Just beware that they'll charge $500 for it. Of course, they'll probably give you $10 off the PCC if you agree to have your pods auto-shipped lol.

But the real question here is how/why did you go from a box mod to a Juul? What wattage did you vape at on your Box mod and what wattage output is the Juul?

Seems kinda strange someone would go from a box mod to a Juul, unless you are looking to ween yourself off of vaping.

5. okeasykilla

okeasykilla Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I went from a box mod (joyetech cuboid / avocado rdta) to a juul then a myjet. I made the switch for a few reasons, one was portability. I'd just slide the myjet in my pocket & go. No need for extra batteries, charger, tools, cotton. I'd have to carry a bag to haul all my vape gear & that became a pain in the ass.
    Two, the nicotine salts in the juul are amazing. I found a way to replicate the nic salts ejuice that's in the juul (diy ejuice). Three, the amount of juice I was going through. I'd vape 30-45ml (of 3mg) in two days versus 3-5ml (of 50mg) in the same timespan. Hopefully this gives you a different perspective.
    No worries tho, we're all still vaping & isn't that the goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. eSMOKA

eSMOKA Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Oh, yes. I was just curious. In no time, we'll all be checking out the Juul and the MyJet when they start making it illegal to even hold anything else but a pod or cigalike system.

What do you like better in terms of functionality and satisfaction...the Juul or the MyJet?

7. okeasykilla

okeasykilla Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Good question. Thinking about it, the juul takes it by a hair. The juul gave me a different perspective & a better experience as far as a cigalike that really works (vapor production/ nicotine). Being an open system guy, the myjet appeals to me. The myjet holds more liquid, you can replace the cotton, burn the coils with a bic lighter to clean the coils. You can even replace the coils (quick YouTube search).
    Finding out what type of eliquid juul uses really helped. Then I found two companies that sell nicotine salts ejuice in 30ml bottles (fill my pod & mr. salt e). Problem is myjet recommends 60/40 vg/pg & these juices are 70/30 (wicking wasn't keeping up & burnt cotton). Since I'm already knee deep in diy'ing I just ordered nicotine salts in vg & made some ejuice at 60/40.
    I've given away my juul to my mom who used to smoked now she doesn't thanks to the juul. I refill the juul with the mr salt e for her. You could always try mr salt e at 5mg nicotine salts in your sub ohm open system to see how satisfying it is (5mg ONLY in a sub ohm setup).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. snkrumble

snkrumble New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just did this myself also. I went from box and RTA's and tanks like my super tank etc. To a Von Erl lol. Now I bust out my box once every few days. But man it was to a point where I was blowing through 30ml+ a day easy like workout. It just started to become a pain either shopping for cheap juice or making bulk amounts of DIY to keep the juice train rolling lol. Now I go through about 3ml a day and I can actually buy some more high end expensive juices and they last me a while vs burning a bottle in a day. Also man you can not put a price of stealth and easy to carry around can use any micro usb charger and learning to rebuilt my pods now. Nic salts are great also.

eSMOKA likes this.
  9. monsterlove

monsterlove New Member

Blog Posts:
    the bo one has a pcc that charges the battery and it looks good. some of the other pod systems have pccs too but the bo definitely has the most attractive looking one. it seems like a missed opportunity by juul, but the juul is kinda old now, maybe something new will come out soon...

EDIT: you can buy an aftermarket PCC for the juul called the uptown tech jili, there might be others too

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  10. Origin Vape

Origin Vape Founding Vendor Founding Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I thought I would bring this thread back with a YouTube video unboxing the Jili PCC =)

11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Well you have 5 more years now.