Become a Patron!

Advken mad hatter rda

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Kicks some serious ass. I fucking love the big ole juice well, the clamp style deck, and the beveled airflow that points down right to your coils and wraps around.

Anyone else? I know it's old. I got it as part of a trade. I like it very much. I really don't have as many rdas as I need slowly but surely building up.

Love you too all my VU homies. I love my fused Claptons, I am going to be carrying on to Staples this weekend. I got this mainly for Staples because it's deck is monster big
4bb432c5f998a9fed4de7ea3be7c3f43.jpg
9b32212ed3ec1e9b83bd95b6cfe61e59.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Boy knowing how to actually use a drill from previously jobs and being a foreman a couple times has really helped me in coil building. I don't think I'd ever use a swivel to Clapton, or FC. It's just too easy to free hand. I think on builds like Staples and aliens and build where your dependant on straight cores, no room for mistake would be the only time I use swivels. Who knows. Free handing came pretty easy.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy knowing how to actually use a drill from previously jobs and being a foreman a couple times has really helped me in coil building. I don't think I'd ever use a swivel to Clapton, or FC. It's just too easy to free hand. I think on builds like Staples and aliens and build where your dependant on straight cores, no room for mistake would be the only time I use swivels. Who knows. Free handing came pretty easy.

Swivels aren’t needed for Aliens...just don’t make your core wires really long. Insert the cores into one of the flat sections of the chuck when re-wrapping the first half inch of decore...then you can stop, pull out the cores and center them in the chuck and wrap the rest of your decore. I tried using swivels and it just wasn’t needed for me since I make my alien wire only long enough to wrap one coil out of. I just turned a stack of 90 straightened cores into 27 lengths of Alien Wire (yeah, I jacked 3 of them up, but a 10% loss is pretty good for me).
dd056235253220d2dd251f3a78d54028.jpg
9818e0346426bec193141e92022d7cff.jpg
cc88c8e0a37bb12b51bfcd1d8a4565ec.jpg

They’re still corkscrewed, but all that takes is re-inserting them into the drill and giving it a few turns.
Here’s the main tutorial I used for Aliens from Squidoode...it’s the non-swivel technique.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That drill trick is the reason why I started freehanding. I like the feeling of the wire passing my fingertips. It works well for me

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried it once or twice and couldn’t really nail it as comfortably as my regular method of stretching the decore beforehand. I’m the type of person that believes in “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so, that contributes to me not using another method and also probably why I freehand rather than using swivels. Managed to uncorkscrew my Alien wire last night and turned them into coils earlier today, though
928ed6b6d936e0cf2aa5ffb438ab0759.jpg

3d2ffec564008485127067fec642a912.jpg

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I tried it once or twice and couldn’t really nail it as comfortably as my regular method of stretching the decore beforehand. I’m the type of person that believes in “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”, so, that contributes to me not using another method and also probably why I freehand rather than using swivels. Managed to uncorkscrew my Alien wire last night and turned them into coils earlier today, though
928ed6b6d936e0cf2aa5ffb438ab0759.jpg

3d2ffec564008485127067fec642a912.jpg

Beautiful job my brother.

I prefer to free hand if possible and I appreciate you inspiration towards free hand methods.

I'm going to try this soon. I really want to master framed Staples before, then I can move into fraliens.

I have come so far since I first started. I am so thankful. I'm thankful that personality allows me listen more than talk, and learn hands on and also by watching.

Thanks dude

VU Sponsors