Become a Patron!

Aegis Legend is not so water resistant

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a commercial fisherman and I have owned 2 Aegis mods to use while on the boat. The first one lasted a good 6 months or so before it stopped working, but there were never any issues with water getting into the mod.

So I got an aegis legend thinking it would be just as durable. I was wrong. Salt water started getting in through the battery door, messing up my batteries. After just a couple weeks of use the water has made its way into parts of the mod that have made it stop working. Now I have a 2 week old aegis legend that is a paper weight.

The thing that really bothers me is that it's not like it was getting submerged or anything. It just gets splashed occasionally. I may order another just to see if it was a problem with that one mod, but I suspect it is a problem with the design of the door.

Just thought I should let people know in case anyone plans to get one of these for use in a wet environment.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

N0rmski

Member For 4 Years
I am a commercial fisherman and I have owned 2 Aegis mods to use while on the boat. The first one lasted a good 6 months or so before it stopped working, but there were never any issues with water getting into the mod.

So I got an aegis legend thinking it would be just as durable. I was wrong. Salt water started getting in through the battery door, messing up my batteries. After just a couple weeks of use the water has made its way into parts of the mod that have made it stop working. Now I have a 2 week old aegis legend that is a paper weight.

The thing that really bothers me is that it's not like it was getting submerged or anything. It just gets splashed occasionally. I may order another just to see if it was a problem with that one mod, but I suspect it is a problem with the design of the door.

Just thought I should let people know in case anyone plans to get one of these for use in a wet environment.

I imagine the salt water had a big part of it but that sucks. I'd hope it was a dodgy unit

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll try contacting them to see if they will replace it. The thing that bothers me menthe OG Aegis never had any problems with salt water.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll try contacting them to see if they will replace it. The thing that bothers me menthe OG Aegis never had any problems with salt water.

I agree with NOrmski. The salt man. I fish for fun and anything I take out on the boat eventually has issues. Now I bring a mech which I clean thoroughly when I get in off the water.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was about to pull the trigger on the legend but the dual battery design threw me off. I'm not a high-wattage vaper and I've always been into compact, single 18650 mods.

I still like my sort-of-new 1st gen Aegis. Yes, it's not compact at all but it's the smallest waterproof mod I could find. Got it a few months back and the design of the battery door gives me more confidence when there's water involved, by the pool for example.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dropped my legend a few times now at work , i work in a wet environment and have actually dropped it into a pit that took me about 45 mins to shut down and drain to get it out and ..after a good cleaning and tank replacement it was good as new . May be the salt water and or a defect on a certain batch . Mine is kicking and shows no ill effect , but that is my personal expierience

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors