Become a Patron!

Aerotank mini + sub ohm coil Q's.

Hello all.

Was thinking about getting some of the Kanger 0.8 ohm coils for my Aerotank mini. I currently own a regular vape pen battery as well as an Itaste MVP 2.0 box. Problem is that I need to keep my rig as low profile as possible for use at work but am unsure if the non vv/vw battery is going to push that coil well enough for enjoyment. Would the mvp even be a good choice for this setup?

Thanks in advance for any help, only been vaping for 2 weeks. Not really cloud chasing but would definately like a little more than I'm getting now without sacrificing taste.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IMO the kanger sub ohm coils are truly intended to extract enough amps to properly fire the tanks on a mech mod (which put out relatively low voltage compared to even a twist, but offer much higher discharge capacity)..

In my experience the new style 1.5ohm kanger coils don't like more than 12-13watts, before they begin to taste burnt. I'd stick to the 1.5-1.8 ohm coils; unless you purchase a mech mod. Slapping a .8 ohm in, and cranking up your MVP will likely only net you a burnt taste at a lower wattage. I don't think you'll gain anything enjoyable from it honestly.

I LOVE the new kanger coils, and use them daily for flavor with my aerotank mega, alongside my nautilus bv, and hybrid davide tank with bvc coils. They are all great.

If you're looking for flavor, AND vapor production; I'd go for a nautilus mini, with bvc coils. You can crank the wattage to the moon with them, and not get a burnt taste.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
+1 on buttkickers comment. If you want big vape and big taste in a small rig spin a Nautilus mini on a good twisty battery. You turn up the power to that new BVC coil and you won't be disappointed. Or if you want to go real stealthy the Kanger pro 3 mini is tiny and a great little dual coil tank. To sub ohm your gonna need big power and stealth is gonna cost big $. Your gonna have to get something like the Vaporshark DNA 30. $$$

Last edited:

VU Sponsors