Become a Patron!

Aerotank won't stop leaking

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had a problem with my aerotank. I got on a plane the other day & now the damn thing won't stop leaking. The whole setup is authentic. While in flight, it was mostly full & I forgot to close off the afc, which I'm thinking could be part of the problem. Any ideas how to get this to stop?

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pull it apart, and swap the coil. Rapid pressure change may have screwed up the coil.

That's the only thing I can think of

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
take if fully apart, remove the orings and put them back on. the pressure might have pulled the orings out of place.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I swapped the coil out & it's working much better now. There's still a little bit of leaking out of the afc, nowhere near as bad though. We've been going non stop the couple days, so safe to say it's gonna be a bit before I can take it apart.

BigGunn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The AFC part seems to take a bit to work out. May have some residual juice in there. Tip it upside down and blow through the drip tip with a paper towel or something near the air hole... should blow it out without forcing more juice into the coil

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how true this is, but I vape high VG mixes and I've noticed it seems to be very reactive to weather temp and pressure changes. What works in one area of the country doesn't work in another area.

VU Sponsors