Become a Patron!

After a good kit that won't do my head in

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,
This is my problem. I have no idea what the best kit would be for the way I vape.
I take long draws, and I do tend to chain vape a bit.
Been a vaper for quite a few years, and I am all into diy juice.
I own a smok baby and a veco one plus.
I also still like using the ce4 with my 60% pg for adv.
The tanks for my flavour times.
I like the veco coils as it's easy for me.
I'm paying a bit for the pre-made coils!
I like the idea of using 18650 batteries. I don't have a device for this.
I had a stroke in 2015 after a bike accident, and I get very overwhelmed when I have to think too much.
I tend to flatten the batteries too fast, I think the way I draw?
What coil ohm strength is better for me?
I'm more interested in flavour than clouds.
I'm trying to learn, but when I read Clapton, ohm, kanthal, sub ohm (you know the language lol) then my brain shuts down.
Kit suggestions anyone please?

Last edited:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As I understand it, the Veco is still a good tanks. Atlantis as well.

I tend to prefer RTA and squonking RDA/RSA and my own coils, but you can also buy premade coils or coil "shots". For premade coils & shots, @CrazyChef v2.0 & @Pegleg Meg are the ones to contact.

As for devices, I'd get nothing less than a two (2) cell mod, a good charger and at least two (2) pairs of cells. I only buy 25R's and VTC5a, but others can also provide good choices.

As far as the mod, you might scroll thru the HARDWARE first, for any deals. Two possibilities right off the bat are the double-barrel, or the vaporshark. Others, like a Captain are also listed. Whatever you find, you want to check online prices as well.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm wondering if I have the wrong coils for my veco one.
I'm using 0.3 ohm.
Should I be using higher?
I get the tank too hot. I really like the euc coils, they just slip in.
I'm in Australia, I would probably get something online, rather than international shipping.

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Higher ohm and less watts should equal more battery life. :)

Just to clarify, are you after rebuildables or do you want a replacement coil kit?

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I think that is what my problem has been.
I don't know if I can rebuild coils but it would save money.
I have the smok baby and I did buy the rebuildable kit, just haven't tried it.
I do want a kit that uses 18650, so I can take the batteries when I go out.
Just not very good at making decisions, but I do read reviews and I get a bit of an idea.

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Well what's really easy in rebuilding is the OBS Crius 2.

It's a single coil RTA and the coil is installed with just 1 screw in a clamp style post.
That combined with pre-made coils is as easy as it gets, great flavor, too.

Insert coil, clip coil endings, cotton through the coil and through the liquid holes, juice up and done.
The holes for the cottons are quite big, so not much fiddling or tricks needed. Perfect for the standard 3mm pre-made coil.

You might want to have a look at that one. :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks kitsune, I had a look, and I like the sounds of that one. Under forty bucks.
What would you suggest a good mod would be to go with it?
Doesn't need high temp, and one that takes the 18650 batteries.
I really am not savvy on devices, you have been a great help thank you

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
No problem at all :D

I've got no idea of the market in Australia, but maybe something along the lines of a Voopoo Drag Box would be something for you?
I also really like my Teslacigs Punk.

Make sure to invest in good batteries. :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problem at all :D

I've got no idea of the market in Australia, but maybe something along the lines of a Voopoo Drag Box would be something for you?
I also really like my Teslacigs Punk.

Make sure to invest in good batteries. :)
Thanks, I will check those out.
I have eight Samsung 25 R batteries, I at least got the batteries right lol

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Voopoo Drag is 24mm wide. A 25mm atty, like Crius II single coil, will overhang the sides a bit. If that matters to you. to some it doesn't. to me it does:)

You might like a squonker over an RTA since RSDA can be not only be easy to coil, but they are simple to wick.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Voopoo Drag is 24mm wide. A 25mm atty, like Crius II single coil, will overhang the sides a bit. If that matters to you. to some it doesn't. to me it does:)

You might like a squonker over an RTA since RSDA can be not only be easy to coil, but they are simple to wick.

Oh, I see the sqonkers posting a lot, they seem a real happy bunch of people too lol.
What would you suggest?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you have no experience or bias at this point, check the hardware thread, and whatever chinee vendor you use - Fasttech, 3fVape, etc.. That certainly gets it to australia easier than shipping from US.

You can spend from $25 to .. well, some lunatics will spend upwards of $500 on just the squonk-mod. You can get something with a single-cell reasonably cheaply, (under $40), and still have money for cells and charger. I do recommend either Regulated or "nonmechanical/nonregulated", (latter means it has electronics to protect batteries and you, but otherwise acts like a mechanical). I think the current "must have because it's a deal!" is the Eleaf Pico Squeeze v1: mod+RSA <$30; mod alone <$20 -- If you like it well enough, there is a Squueze v2, and about a half dozen similar devices in that $50-$75 price range.

The RSA (squonkable RDA) can be had for $12 to $30.. ANd, Yes: I would get a single-coil rda.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I do buy from fasttech sometimes.
Good to know about mechanical and safety, especially being new to using batteries.
I will have a captain cook at those now.
Not into spending the big bucks, I am a flavor whore lol.

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, I am liking the pico one.
Nice price, would I be ok building coils on it?
I might get that one.
Thanks guys

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, you build coils - or buy premade coils - for it. Ask in the squonker-thread for far more Pico Squeeze info than you can imagine, (seems like most of the regulars love them).

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PoppaVic
I ordered the pico 1
Look out sqonkers, I am coming lol

Kitsune

Member For 1 Year
Good choice :D

If you ordered the V1, keep in mind that, as far as I know, it needs at least 0.15 ohm to fire, so don't try to slam any too big coils into it :)

LeanPipe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good choice :D

If you ordered the V1, keep in mind that, as far as I know, it needs at least 0.15 ohm to fire, so don't try to slam any too big coils into it :)
Oh bloody hell lol.
So many things to know.
I will start with the sqonker, but I still like the sounds of the crius being a pretty straight forward build. So I will start with baby steps.
Thanks again to everyone who came to my rescue, and didn't make me feel stupid. Real nice people, good onyas.

VU Sponsors