Become a Patron!

After building my deck with everything in place.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LV is who? Can't be lost vape, lol

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Probably LightningVapes. Great guy that runs that; since he started carrying odd-numbered sizes, I get all my wire there.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks gakudzu! I don't have an Android so I'll be working with steam engine. :)

I haven't found anything on Android that can TOUCH steam-engine.

Andria

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now after turning my mod off and on it now says 0.61 ohms. What's going on here?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh I see. 0.61 ohms is the right one. Vapes evenly now!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it keeps changing, the post screws may have loosened with heating. May have to pop it open and retighten.
Thanks. It's steady now at 0.61 ohms. Vapes evenly but basically no flavor.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I took out the RBA and put my factory coil back in. I'm going to go to the vape shop and get some help before I try another build myself. I think that with practice and know-how I'll be able to start building quality coils.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good. They won't all be winners, so just keep at it.
Looks like you flipped this one over. It may need more room underneath between the bottom of the coil and the airflow hole. Only way to know is to vape that puppy ;)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good. They won't all be winners, so just keep at it.
Looks like you flipped this one over. It may need more room underneath between the bottom of the coil and the airflow hole. Only way to know is to vape that puppy ;)
Thanks! Much better this time around. Its steady at .53 ohms.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping as well as if it was a factory coil - or better. No joke! Finally!! :) Lots of flavor.

I also got 26/32 Clapton wire to play with. But I'm glad I got a good quality build already!

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping as well as if it was a factory coil - or better. No joke! Finally!! :) Lots of flavor.

I also got 26/32 Clapton wire to play with. But I'm glad I got a good quality build already!
Awesome! :cool:

Hopefully my wire arrives tomorrow and I can try a few new things.

DX9

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love making coils. I haven't tried Kanthal in a while. Been using SS316 for about 6 months and like it since I can do TC also. Been using Clapton 26/32 for last 2 weeks. By far the best for flavor. Just uses more juice. Been using a dual coil in my Griffen 25 Plus. .42 Ohms at 50 watts. Great flavour. Love that tank. Also use it as single coil from time to time or i just throw on my GeekVape Ammit single coil Clapton. Clapton is where it's at.

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was watching a tutorial on YouTube and went by the book but when firing I didn't get almost any flavor and was getting dry hits.

I don't want to ruin the coils that are set up so I'm going to see if another vaper can help me in person.

Thanks stmtpr!

You can always clean your coils. Just pulse them red, and rinse them under the tap.
It's easy, fast and the coils come out as new.
Just be careful ofc. Wster + batteries = naw good xD

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can always clean your coils. Just pulse them red, and rinse them under the tap.
It's easy, fast and the coils come out as new.
Just be careful ofc. Wster + batteries = naw good xD
Thanks Klove!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too many wraps, I think? I'm heading to the vape shop later to get in-person help building good coils. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Too many wraps, I think? I'm heading to the vape shop later to get in-person help building good coils. :)

With 24ga wire, 15w isn't nearly enough; that wire is like a coat hanger! If you want the wattage that low, then you need 28ga or 29ga. The fatter the wire, the more power it takes to get anything from it.

Andria

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's working fine at 30W. Next time I'm going for lower ohms.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With 24ga wire, 15w isn't nearly enough; that wire is like a coat hanger! If you want the wattage that low, then you need 28ga or 29ga. The fatter the wire, the more power it takes to get anything from it.

Andria
Thank you, Andria! Now I know!

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You could use SS Ti or other wires :)
You can have more wraps, and still have low ohm ^_^

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, Andria! Now I know!

I've always been a very low-wattage vaper, and always will be -- I find even 28ga too fat for a good vape; 29ga is my perfect sweet-spot, for vaping between 9.5 and 10 watts. 9 wraps, 29ga, around a 3/32 drillbit; it heats almost instantly, and provides a decent amount of vapor, similar to the "cloud" exhaled when I smoked -- which is all I need, a good simulation of smoking.

Andria

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've always been a very low-wattage vaper, and always will be -- I find even 28ga too fat for a good vape; 29ga is my perfect sweet-spot, for vaping between 9.5 and 10 watts. 9 wraps, 29ga, around a 3/32 drillbit; it heats almost instantly, and provides a decent amount of vapor, similar to the "cloud" exhaled when I smoked -- which is all I need, a good simulation of smoking.

Andria
I enjoy most of the gamut of wattage when vaping but do prefer higher wattages when I can have them. I'm just learning right now about building and am optimistic after the successful coil I made last night! :)

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
What are the basics when it comes to building low-ohm coils?
Don't use Ti wire. It's for TC only.
SS is the best wire but honestly resistance isn't important in regulated devices, it's surface area

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My build last night had less wraps and was awesome in every way - especially flavor. Today's build with more wraps has very little flavor and is not nearly as enjoyable. Wicking is basically the same as last night. So I don't understand how resistance doesn't matter?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My build last night had less wraps and was awesome in every way - especially flavor. Today's build with more wraps has very little flavor and is not nearly as enjoyable. Wicking is basically the same as last night. So I don't understand how resistance doesn't matter?
Surface area. The more surface area touching cotton the more watts u need and the more vapor you create.
Resistance is for mechs as it directly decides how many watts you are drawing based on the build. Where with a regulated u can adjust watts to match your build

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are the basics when it comes to building low-ohm coils?

You need to know how the amp limit on your batteries, mod and that depends on the coils.
Lower ohm = more amp.
The lower the ohm, the higher the watts.
Do a duckduckgo search for ohms law, vape calculator, coil calculator.
One or the other, and you will find out every thing you need to know :)
Its not as hard as it seems.
If you are using a mec mod, dont. Or at least learn everything before you do.
If there is any thing in peticular you need to know, just ask :)

I use Ti in watts, and its nice, but i prefer ss...

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You need to know how the amp limit on your batteries, mod and that depends on the coils.
Lower ohm = more amp.
The lower the ohm, the higher the watts.
Do a duckduckgo search for ohms law, vape calculator, coil calculator.
One or the other, and you will find out every thing you need to know :)
Its not as hard as it seems.
If you are using a mec mod, dont. Or at least learn everything before you do.
If there is any thing in peticular you need to know, just ask :)

I use Ti in watts, and its nice, but i prefer ss...
Not to be an ass but everything here you said is wrong. Ohms law doesn't apply to battery draw for regulated mods and ti is a TC wire only and shouldn't be used in power mode. Also resistance has little factor in regulated mods since u can adjust wattage

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tanks designed with huge air flow are not really a good choice for a low wattage flavor applications...If you want great flavor from say 30 watts or less then try a different tank designed with less air flow...you can close off your air flow but the velocity at which the air travels will only make the draw feel hot and still with very little flavor improvement...Every tank has a sweet spot...Some are good for .50 ohm and up builds and some are good for below .50 ohm.

im currently vaping on a billow V2 with dual 6 wrap micro coils at .41ohm with only 25 watts and the flavor is amazing...If I do that build on my Billow V3 Plus, it sucks ass with no flavor.

The right tank for the right job is what ive learned in 5 years of vaping.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors