Become a Patron!

After building my deck with everything in place.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So my Big Baby Beast coils and wicks are holding up just fine. Loving it!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BTW after tightening the connections more since my post my ohms have dropped to 0.24 where they have held nice and steady. Apparently I was being TOO careful about tightening connections before so now I know why my ohms were jumping before!

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not to be an ass but everything here you said is wrong. Ohms law doesn't apply to battery draw for regulated mods and ti is a TC wire only and shouldn't be used in power mode. Also resistance has little factor in regulated mods since u can adjust wattage

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

True, but you should not buy a cheapo battery non the less. And if you are planning og vaping 100+ watts you need good batteries.
If you got internal batteries, it does not matter....

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
True, but you should not buy a cheapo battery non the less. And if you are planning og vaping 100+ watts you need good batteries.
If you got internal batteries, it does not matter....
when did i ever say it was ok to use a cheapo battery? I would never say that I have 2 videos on my youtube channel for battery safety and both specify to buy LG, samsung, and sony batts only. I don't understand what this has to do with you saying you can use Ti wire in watt mode?

Klove1337

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when did i ever say it was ok to use a cheapo battery? I would never say that I have 2 videos on my youtube channel for battery safety and both specify to buy LG, samsung, and sony batts only. I don't understand what this has to do with you saying you can use Ti wire in watt mode?
My bad. Was kite.
But i have used my ti in watt mode, and it workes nice. So yes, you can.
Probably not the best choise tho

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My bad. Was kite.
But i have used my ti in watt mode, and it workes nice. So yes, you can.
Probably not the best choise tho
I can also stick a metal fork into an outlet but doesn't mean it's a good idea or safe. I can also leave my car in neutral on a sloped street. I can drive my car blindfolded as well. Nothing will physically prevent me from doing any of that, but it's all bad ideas. it's not safe to vape Ti wire in watt mode. wire is cheap as hell, why would you when you can buy enough SS wire to make 200 coils for like 10 bucks?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a nightmare situation today where my Big Baby Beast completely died in every imaginable way and after literally spending two straight hours trying to fix the issues I couldn't fix it.

I brought it to the store I bought it from for help and after about 30 minutes and taking the base completely apart they fixed all issues and it runs perfectly.

Thank God for that store and their expertise when it comes to vaping and troubleshooting even the most difficult problems.

Cheers to Charlie's Vape Bar and Lounge!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a great shop. They always give me 110% and are always honest and straightforward.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have simple builds pretty much down pat now. :) Way more fun to build than to just toss in a factory coil. My plan is to have all but one of my mods running home-made builds and that one mod running only factory coils (since the Tarot Nano tank only works with factory coils and I like the tank enough to want to leave it on). That way if I am unable to build for whatever reason I can just throw in a factory coil in my Tarot and be set.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have simple builds pretty much down pat now. :) Way more fun to build than to just toss in a factory coil. My plan is to have all but one of my mods running home-made builds and that one mod running only factory coils (since the Tarot Nano tank only works with factory coils and I like the tank enough to want to leave it on). That way if I am unable to build for whatever reason I can just throw in a factory coil in my Tarot and be set.

Great minds? LOL
I'll be getting more RBAs for my Baby Beasts, instead of factory coils. An RBA is cheaper than a 5pk, and I have confidence in my ability to make good coils. I'll keep the factory coils I already have in case of "emergencies". Cotton and wire really is peanuts in comparison to factory.

Oh lordy...I'm thinking about DIY juice, now. :eek:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Great minds? LOL
I'll be getting more RBAs for my Baby Beasts, instead of factory coils. An RBA is cheaper than a 5pk, and I have confidence in my ability to make good coils. I'll keep the factory coils I already have in case of "emergencies". Cotton and wire really is peanuts in comparison to factory.

factory coils are good for when you feel lazy lol
the only issue is if you are like me you wind up using RTAs more and buying new tanks and then have like 100 unused factory coils between 10 different tanks just sitting there.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great minds? LOL

DIY has saved me a shit ton of money on juice with as much as we go through. Three vapers in one house!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great minds? LOL

DIY juice sounds like fun. I'm not yet at that stage but one day?

Oh and I just finished my best build ever. 0.34 resistance on my Big Baby Beast and the flavor and draw and everything are fantastic.

Yay! :)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
DIY has saved me a shit ton of money on juice with as much as we go through. Three vapers in one house!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Three vapers? I'm the only one in my house who vapes and so I can't vape inside, which really sucks.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great minds? LOL

Oh and make sure to post up with your next build, gakudzu!

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How's this?
Staggered Fused Clapton
2x26g kanthol cores staggered with 34g 316L SS, wrapped with 36g 316L SS

I made a foot and got 2 good coils out of it, so only screwed up about half. Quite pleased. :)

Damn good job man! I've not even attempted that one yet. :D

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapes damn good! :D
Ohms out @ 0.138
Works well from 80w to 150w. Gets a touch warm for me at 150. Best around 110-120 for flavor. Definitely a keeper!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapes damn good! :D
Ohms out @ 0.138
Works well from 80w to 150w. Gets a touch warm for me at 150. Best around 110-120 for flavor. Definitely a keeper!
Way to go! :) I've been rebuilding with my Clapton since it's the only wire I have right now. Difficult to get low ohms on my single coil builds but works great and gets low-ish ohms when running dual coils on my Big Baby Beast.

Time to get more non-Clapton wire!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I was told that when it comes to regulated devices, it's not the ohms that matter but the surface area that does.

Which should I aim for? Ohms or surface area?

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was actually shooting for a 5/6 wrap @ 0.18 or so. Just didn't get quite enough good wire on the first try. Had to space it a little with the 3/4 to compensate for the width of the deck.

Surface area. The more contact your wire makes with the wicking, the better. That's why claptons and aliens and such produce such good flavor and clouds. All the tiny spaces in the wrap traps a lot of juice.

Edit:4/5 not 5/6

Last edited:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was actually shooting for a 5/6 wrap @ 0.18 or so. Just didn't get quite enough good wire on the first try. Had to space it a little with the 3/4 to compensate for the width of the deck.

Surface area. The more contact your wire makes with the wicking, the better. That's why claptons and aliens and such produce such good flavor and clouds. All the tiny spaces in the wrap traps a lot of juice.
Thanks!! Now I know! :xD: (Excited emoticon)

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made some aliens.

20170121_235257.jpg

I was expecting more flavor from these. Kinda disappointed. Maybe I need smaller wire.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use that milwaukee and i just bend a right angle into the wire and center it.
Same thing I had to do on mine. That was the only way to get it to stay in place, specially with the thinner wire (26g and smaller).

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually, I think it's my tongue. LOL
It's got more flavor than the same juice in my cloud beast with the T10 coils. Time for a juice change and a palate cleanse.

VU Sponsors