Become a Patron!

Air Purifiers for Vaping

I am searching for an air purifier for my home and have not found any independent reviews of products that are intended to work with vaping. The only think I have found is a little device called the Vapenut but it is really a desktop appliance and the reviews are mixed. Has anyone found a good review site or a great product? The reason I find it so frustrating is that I have been told by a few manufacturers that the air purifiers intended for smoking are not intended or made to work with vaping because vape smoke is heavy and moist whereas tobacco smoke is hot and light. So, I am interested in any experience, help or advice in this area and I am amazed it hasn't come up more. Tanks.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I am searching for an air purifier for my home and have not found any independent reviews of products that are intended to work with vaping. The only think I have found is a little device called the Vapenut but it is really a desktop appliance and the reviews are mixed. Has anyone found a good review site or a great product? The reason I find it so frustrating is that I have been told by a few manufacturers that the air purifiers intended for smoking are not intended or made to work with vaping because vape smoke is heavy and moist whereas tobacco smoke is hot and light. So, I am interested in any experience, help or advice in this area and I am amazed it hasn't come up more. Tanks.
If you find one for vaping please share ASAP. The problem I see with them is the the filter getting clogged fast due to the VG. I change my furrance filter once a month with having two returns in the hallway where I also have plenty of glass frame pictures that get a film of VG on them consonantly, and I am the only vaper in the house.

Saratoga Joe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you have a 20" box fan, buy a 20x20x4" filter and duct tape it to pull side of the fan. Use a Merv 10 or higher filter. Not the prettiest, but does the job.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A dehumidifier should help as well. Just clean it every so often.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
to date, there isn't anything I am aware of. HEPA filters can work if you are exchanging enough air, but it will clog filters. HEPA filters are expensive.

The best thing to do, is not to vape inside, or be prepared to change furnace filters monthly and do at least a yearly wall wash down.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you guys see this in your cars? Ive been vaping almost 2 months and i dont notice any film in the house or car. How bad does it get?

VU Sponsors