Become a Patron!

Airek or Doge v2/v4

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm wanting to buy a better RDA to cloud chase with. What do y'all think is better to start out with? The Airek or the Doge v2/v4?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doge V4, but the Airek will allow you insane amounts of air, especially if you use a chuff cap.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I could always get both.. Will a chuff cap from a Tobh work on the Airek?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It might, I'd look around and see if you can get the ID of the Airek.

Kaged_Gryphon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also, would a black clone from Tobeco be safe in either? Seeing a lot of people saying black version of clones can be harmful. And they both look beautiful in black

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had killer success with the Doge V1 and the V2 is even better, so i would go with that one. Then theres the MX3 with the positive block that allows you to build crazy clean setups at minimal effort.

The Airek IMO is great to cloud chase is. Lots of options for airflow. I use the Chuff cap with the Airek and it is amazing. The Doge v2 I hear is good but I people say it heats up pretty quickly since they got rid of the heat fins from the v1. I have an MX1 but would prefer using the Airek. The Dark Horse has many options for air flow but I heard there is virtually no flavor on it.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Airek IMO is great to cloud chase is. Lots of options for airflow. I use the Chuff cap with the Airek and it is amazing. The Doge v2 I hear is good but I people say it heats up pretty quickly since they got rid of the heat fins from the v1. I have an MX1 but would prefer using the Airek. The Dark Horse has many options for air flow but I heard there is virtually no flavor on it.
Dark horse needs power, honestly it has turned into my flavor rig with the wide bore cap. Sounds odd but 50 watts with my twisted coils is a flavor machine.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Dark Horse is actually one of the better flavor cloud attys, totally agree @BigNasty.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like the Mutation X v3, i hated my Doge v2. I put at least 12 different builds in it in the week i had it and couldn't get into it. No heat sink-sonofabitch would get scorching hot fast. The Mutation is a lot more fun to build on, and gets nowhere near as hot. I also didn't care much for the airflow adjustment on the doge, the open gaps let juice out way too easily for me

ConcreteBob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you can still find one, it's very hard to go wrong with the DogeX

Grease71Monkey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm wanting to buy a better RDA to cloud chase with. What do y'all think is better to start out with? The Airek or the Doge v2/v4?
I would go with the doge v4 I really liked it when i had the chance to use it.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doge v2/v4 is probably one of my favourites with cloud production. As far as flavour goes, I'd get something else, but it definitely has cloud production in mind. Unfortunately, it can have too much airflow, depending on your build and wicking.

My doge heats up quite a bit, but I've become used to it. I retired it recently, due to searching for more flavour, but it's a solid atty. Giant post holes, and a decently sized juice well. I would say that the only drawbacks are the cap height, and the proximity of the posts to the sides of the cap. Since the chuff also acts as airflow adjustment, the inner diameter of the top cap is going to be your build space; and that cuts down a bit on the coil builds you can do.

I love my Doge, but it does have a fair amount of drawbacks. My Dark Horse beats it... even if my cheap clone's insulator melted when crimping a parallel build. Still, I'd recommend a Dark Horse to the Doge any day; unless you're just going for clouds, and don't mind the limiting deck space of the Doge. Also, just from the looks of the Airek, I'd say you will likely run into similar build limitations of the Doge... so you probably don't mind it. Another RDA I'd toss out there is the Tugboat v2, with either a comp cap or the steam stack.

As far as clones are concerned? The Doge is cheap enough to avoid going the clone route. Even on Local Vape, the Doge is only $55. That's about as cheap as an authentic will get; and most clones will run between $20-35, unless you go direct. Not to mention, from the clones of the Doge that I've seen, and worked on, they're a bit too cheaply made for my taste. Just buy an authentic; they're cheap enough to afford on smaller budgets, and you'll get a better quality atty... for under $60. If you want a Doge, buying a clone is only for someone who really can't afford the already low price of the authentic ones.

VU Sponsors