Become a Patron!

Aldehydes& Cyanogen toxins produced from hot coils

Jarod Wall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Once you start producing combustion products you are way too hot. Aldehydes will come off first once you hit about 120C. Slight, sharp and irritating flavor. As you go higher you start getting cyanogen. It starts getting toxic fast after that. VG and PEG both start to really break down at > 200C. You can easily get that in a submerged coil.
The above is something posted by a scientist who also vapes. we got into a conversation about sub-ohm coils. where I told him I vape at 33 watts and was going to push my next coil build to 0.20 ohms on a nemesis (18650 vtc-5 battery). He thinks thats way to hot and is basically going to have me inhaling formaldehyde and Cyanide. which i understand is Aldehydes& Cyanogen. somebody please help answer if this is happening.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a scientist nor do I have equipment to test for these things. I would ask your scientist friend for copies of his research and then come to your own conclusion. I'm pretty confident that even if such chemicals are produced, the levels would be far less than real smokes.

Jarod Wall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jarod, the data is in books on industrial toxicology. Also, several medical journal articles from last year commented on aldehyde production from PEG. This is the lever FDA and the medical community will use to regulate and finally snuff out vaping. But, take heart there will always be alcohol to fall back on. Booze hounds will never touch their drug of choice.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) is not the same as Propylene glycol (PG). PG is what we use in our eliquids.

VU Sponsors