Become a Patron!

Aleader Box Killer 80w...bargain price, bargain quality

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought I'd try out the new Aleader Box Killer 80w squonker. Hey, for 38 bucks an 80 watt regulated squonker was worth a try. It looked okay, resin construction, doors fit tightly with no rattle. Buttons work well with very slight rattle. Battery fit was good. The bottle was extremely soft, almost too soft. Installing it in the mod had to be done with care because the slightest squeeze started the mess.

Temperature control was good once you got it set. Using the SS setting with a stainless steel coil did not work well; much too cool and wimpy. The instruction manual sucked, but with many tries I got it into something called XX mode. Then I could set my TCR number, and surprisingly it worked very well. There seems to be no control over firing wattage in TC mode, so I assume it fires at maximum up to the set temperature. Using a fused Clapton coil with a little mass, it worked pretty good. Didn't try it with a single wire coil assuming it might be a little too hot when firing.

Two big cons though. One is the damn thing shuts itself off after a couple minutes. Got tired of getting no-hits. Had to press the button quickly to turn it on, wait a second, then hit. Total pain in the ass. Second con; IT'S A LEAKER! Seems to leak from the 510 down into the mod. It's only a matter of time for the mod to last under that condition. For 38 bucks it just doesn't seem like it's worth fixing though.

YMMV

violreta3101

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got one too. sadly mine leaks like crazy too. I found some info that little oring around the 510pin helps reduce leaking. it said that oring size 1×17mm works. gonna try that and see it will stop the leaking.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate to give up on this thing so today I poked a tiny o-ring down into the 510 connector to possibly give a better seal under the rda. I think it was about 1 mm thick x 7 mm O.D. Gonna try it for a while to see if it helps. It looks like there is also an o-ring seal at the other end where the bottle attaches; might attack that spot if the other doesn't help. Thanks violreta.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got one on the way,i heard about the leaking before i ordered though,so added the o-rings to the order as well,so hopefully that solves that issue.For the price,i had to take a chance on it,and if the extra $1 for some o-rings fixes the issue,then i'll be happy haha.

VU Sponsors