Become a Patron!

Alien 220 confusion

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
So, I own an Alien 220w, two cuboid 150's, a VTwo mini and some other mods that don't matter
SO , here's my problem... With my cuboids, when I hit a voltage cap, depending on the coil, the mod stops me from raising the wattage...
With the Alien 220w, it doesn't... It stops raising the wattage, but it says it does...
I'll explain... With a 1.86ohm coil, my cuboid stops me at 43.5watts cause it hits 9volts
My alien on the other side, says that it gives 220w, but it doesn't even give 44, because it caps at 6.9volts...
WTF smok?
Not only it lies about the wattage, but it gives LESS than the cuboid...
And, I have seen this problem multiple times at reddit...
Is the cuboid stronger than the alien?
Is MY alien broken?
Is there a logical explanation to this?

Oh, and for christ's sake, don't put my thread in some other category, because it will get not get views...
I'm frustrated with this problem and I want an answer, and I know that here is the place I will get it faster even thought it's not the correct place...

Please...

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say, different mods/chips handle things differently. Some may stop you from going higher, some may display higher but not actually be capable of reaching it. A lot of mods kick the user out of temp control and back to wattage mode when trying to do t.c. with kanthal (or non t.c. coil). A friend of mine used tc on his smoant battlestar and the display still looked like he was in tc mode when in fact it was defaulting to power mode. The alien (or mine anyway) stops firing at 40w when the batteries drain down to around 2.9v, I believe smoant mods cut off at 3.4v.

Different mods have different voltage output limits and it's not unusual to find one that will handle higher voltage than another. It's also not unusual for a mod to have crappy printed specs where it says it outputs up to 9v and when tested it only outputs 7v in reality. In other words, just because it may be listed on a spec sheet doesn't mean it's true. Look at all the 35-40a 18650 batteries. Wish I could point you in the direction of actual test results for both mods similar to the ones @SirRichardRear does on devices.

VU Sponsors